Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Dragoneye's 'Blurb' on the Fest

Wow...what an event!!

As a helper in the organization of this mammoth gathering, it's somewhat of an obligation to dole out congratulations and thanks to all parties involved in making the event the success it was. But I'm not writing this note because I have to - I absolutely WANT to...and it took me some time to find the right words, so bear with me.

THANK YOU to our Vendors. All the companies involved contributed so much to this event, and I do not think we could have pulled it off, otherwise. Without our sponsors and Vendors - this would not have been a 'Fest'....just a really, really big car show with some racing.

Please everyone, take a moment and thank our attending vendors the next time you cross paths, be it in the flesh or online.

THANK YOU to Pete Basica. I single Pete out not as a representative of Pedders, but as a truly A-class man worthy of this praise. Between the wedding, the cones (he'll know what I mean), the ground-up organization of the autox, and the conversation throughout the weekend....you have done so much for this event, and all I can do is thank you profusely for everything.

THANK YOU to the two guys at the head of this whole event: Chris (gtahvit) and Guillermo (tribone). Let me please inform everyone reading that without either of these two guys, the Camaro5Fest would have fallen flat on its face. They took on this responsibility with willing hearts and open minds...never weakening in the face of the many road bumps encountered along the way.

Their efforts for nearly 10 months were second to none, and I know both of these individuals had ONE thing in mind for the entirety of the Camaro5Fest. That was to ensure YOU the member/attendee had an absolute blast this past weekend - anything less would have been failure in their eyes. It's this dedication to the community that I wish we could give away medals for.

THANK YOU to Tran...the mysterious Administrator of Camaro5. Without him this site would not exist, and neither would the Fest. I'm sure the Camaro community would endure without Camaro5...but it wouldn't have our particular flavor of enthusiasm.

THANK YOU to the moderators and all the helpers along the way for pulling together and filling the holes that Chris and Guillermo physically cannot (since it's kind of tough to be in two places at once). Doug (and Dana), for undertaking the shirts and other Camaro5 paraphernalia ; Mike and Davin, for manhandling all the entrants on Thursday ; and everyone else...you're no less important or appreciated...I just don't have room...

THANK YOU to the representatives from the Camaro team and Chevrolet that were able to attend. And I'd like to express my regrets to those who could not attend...maybe next year? These guys (and gals) are really what put the event over the top, in our opinion. How wicked is it that the 45th anniversary Camaro was publicly unveiled for the first time at OUR event?!?! What?!?!

Cheryl Pilcher (Camaro Product Manager), John Fitzpatrick (Camaro Marketing Manager), Al Oppenheiser (Camaro Lead Engineer), Jack Pantaleo (Brand Quality Manager), Adam Barry (Camaro Senior Designer), and of course Scott Settlemire (the most awesomest Camaro enthusiast that has ever graced our forum ). These people...all of them...came to our event as enthusiasts first, and GM employees second. What wonderful individuals they were to talk to and enjoy a weekend with. Can any other car enthusiast community say the same thing??

They were as enthralled with our event as much as any other person...yet they've been working on this car for years on end! That says mountains about their passion for the car and the community. The past, present, and future of Camaro is in good hands, without a doubt.

(Though, someone needs to figure out a way to pull Al out of the Tilted Kilt more efficiently...)

Finally...a HUGE THANKS to YOU...our members. The Moderators could organize. The Vendors could set up. The cones could be set, and the lights lit. Chevy could put covers on their cars, and the gates could open.....but Camaro5Fest would have been NOTHING without you. Thank you for your support, your attendance, and most of all: Your enthusiasm and smiling faces.

You do realize, I hope...the Fest would not have happened if it wasn't for your response to the mere thought of the first one, right???

By extension - THANK YOU doubly for being so well-behaved, and representing the Camaro community so well. In the hotel parking lot...at the track...I heard of no big issues - and that delighted me. When you gather 1000+ people, things should be expected to go wrong, but they didn't. What a class act you all are!

There were many memories...hundreds if not thousands, I am fortunate enough to take away from this year's Fest. To list them all here would be an undertaking in and of itself...and may bore you all half-to-death...so I won't...

I'll just mention:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been to two Camaro5Fests, now....I know that's not saying much on the surface - but let me quickly explain...

> I've never owned a Camaro.

> I've only recently ('06) become infatuated with the brand and the community

> I'm hoping, wishing, and praying to find myself in the drivers seat of a ZL1 in about a year...until then, I still have no Camaro.

> The only other person in my life I knew with a Camaro was my father.

...and now I've been to two Camaro5Fests...each well over 1500 miles from my home. Some have traveled farther, been to more events...and I congratulate them. One day I hope you have you beat.

The point I'm trying to make is this:

This site. This car...YOU PEOPLE, from the Chevy reps to the newest member...have completely pulled me in, and there's no turning back (psh, like I'd want to! ). Camaro means "friend, pal, or comrade. A companion to its driver": and sometimes I see myself as evidence of that.

Thank you all, sincerely, for one of the best times of my life.

Name:  Mods.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  88.3 KB
Thank you to whomever took the above picture. And Thanks Doug for passing it along
Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wow...what an event!!

As a helper in the organization of this mammoth gathering, it's somewhat of an obligation to dole out congratulations and thanks to all parties involved in making the event the success it was. But I'm not writing this note because I have to - I absolutely WANT to...and it took me some time to find the right words, so bear with me.

THANK YOU to our Vendors. All the companies involved contributed so much to this event, and I do not think we could have pulled it off, otherwise. Without our sponsors and Vendors - this would not have been a 'Fest'....just a really, really big car show with some racing.

Please everyone, take a moment and thank our attending vendors the next time you cross paths, be it in the flesh or online.

THANK YOU to Pete Basica. I single Pete out not as a representative of Pedders, but as a truly A-class man worthy of this praise. Between the wedding, the cones (he'll know what I mean), the ground-up organization of the autox, and the conversation throughout the weekend....you have done so much for this event, and all I can do is thank you profusely for everything.

THANK YOU to the two guys at the head of this whole event: Chris (gtahvit) and Guillermo (tribone). Let me please inform everyone reading that without either of these two guys, the Camaro5Fest would have fallen flat on its face. They took on this responsibility with willing hearts and open minds...never weakening in the face of the many road bumps encountered along the way.

Their efforts for nearly 10 months were second to none, and I know both of these individuals had ONE thing in mind for the entirety of the Camaro5Fest. That was to ensure YOU the member/attendee had an absolute blast this past weekend - anything less would have been failure in their eyes. It's this dedication to the community that I wish we could give away medals for.

THANK YOU to Tran...the mysterious Administrator of Camaro5. Without him this site would not exist, and neither would the Fest. I'm sure the Camaro community would endure without Camaro5...but it wouldn't have our particular flavor of enthusiasm.

THANK YOU to the moderators and all the helpers along the way for pulling together and filling the holes that Chris and Guillermo physically cannot (since it's kind of tough to be in two places at once). Doug (and Dana), for undertaking the shirts and other Camaro5 paraphernalia ; Mike and Davin, for manhandling all the entrants on Thursday ; and everyone else...you're no less important or appreciated...I just don't have room...

THANK YOU to the representatives from the Camaro team and Chevrolet that were able to attend. And I'd like to express my regrets to those who could not attend...maybe next year?

Cheryl Pilcher (Camaro Product Manager), John Fitzpatrick (Camaro Marketing Manager), Al Oppenheiser (Camaro Lead Engineer), Jack Pantaleo (Brand Quality Manager), Adam Barry (Camaro Senior Designer), and of course Scott Settlemire (the most awesomest Camaro enthusiast that has ever graced our forum ). These people...all of them...came to our event as enthusiasts first, and GM employees second. What wonderful individuals they were to talk to and enjoy a weekend with. (Though, someone needs to figure out a way to pull Al out of the Tilted Kilt more efficiently...)

They were as enthralled with our event as much as any other person...yet they've been working on this car for years on end! That says mountains about their passion for the car and the community. The past, present, and future of Camaro is in good hands, without a doubt.

Finally...a HUGE THANKS to YOU...our members. The Moderators could organize. The Vendors could set up. The cones could be set, and the lights lit. Chevy could put covers on their cars, and the gates could open.....but Camaro5Fest would have been NOTHING without you. Thank you for your support, your attendance, and most of all: Your enthusiasm and smiling faces.

You do realize, I hope...the Fest would not have happened if it wasn't for your response to the mere thought of the first one, right???

By extension - THANK YOU doubly for being so well-behaved, and representing the Camaro community so well. In the hotel parking lot...at the track...I heard of no big issues - and that delighted me. When you gather 1000+ people, things should be expected to go wrong, but they didn't. What a class act you all are!

There were many memories...hundreds if not thousands, I am fortunate enough to take away from this year's Fest. To list them all here would be an undertaking in and of itself...and may bore you all half-to-death...so I won't...

I'll just mention:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been to two Camaro5Fests, now....I know that's not saying much on the surface - but let me quickly explain...

> I'm hoping, wishing, and praying to find myself in the drivers seat of a ZL1 in about a year...until then, I still have no Camaro.

...and now I've been to two Camaro5Fests...each well over 1500 miles from my home. Some have traveled farther, been to more events...and I congratulate them. One day I hope you have you beat.

This site. This car...YOU PEOPLE, from the Chevy reps to the newest member...have completely pulled me in, and there's no turning back (psh, like I'd want to! ). Camaro means "friend, pal, or comrade. A companion to its driver": and sometimes I see myself as evidence of that.

Attachment 232689
Thank you to whomever took the above picture. And thanks Doug for passing it along
Very nice brother! I could not have said it better.
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
and it took me some time to find the right words, so bear with me.

Attachment 232689
Thank you to whomever took the above picture.
J-

Your words came out perfect. The true sentiment of Camaro 5 Fest.

Awesome pic of everyone too !!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Exceptionally well said.

No way I could have said it better!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
All I can reply is that it is without a doubt, the very best trip I have ever taken part in....

Thanks to Camaro5 the site, Camaro5 the Administrators, and most assuredly Thank You Camaro5 the Community... and all of the Vendors, Thank You As Well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Outstanding... hear hear!!! Now if we could just get this group in charge of the country and make it run as well as a Camaro5 fest.....

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Wow...what an event!!

THANK YOU to the representatives from the Camaro team and Chevrolet that were able to attend. And I'd like to express my regrets to those who could not attend...maybe next year? These guys (and gals) are really what put the event over the top, in our opinion. How wicked is it that the 45th anniversary Camaro was publicly unveiled for the first time at OUR event?!?! What?!?!

Cheryl Pilcher (Camaro Product Manager), John Fitzpatrick (Camaro Marketing Manager), Al Oppenheiser (Camaro Lead Engineer), Jack Pantaleo (Brand Quality Manager), Adam Barry (Camaro Senior Designer), and of course Scott Settlemire (the most awesomest Camaro enthusiast that has ever graced our forum ). These people...all of them...came to our event as enthusiasts first, and GM employees second. What wonderful individuals they were to talk to and enjoy a weekend with. Can any other car enthusiast community say the same thing??

(Though, someone needs to figure out a way to pull Al out of the Tilted Kilt more efficiently...)

I'll just mention:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attachment 232689
Thank you to whomever took the above picture. And Thanks Doug for passing it along

Very well spoken Joe.

But I have to say that you are using the wrong picture....

Here, try this one.

Attached Images

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Very well spoken Joe.

Here, try this one.

LMAO
it took me a minute to catch what you did.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Well said Awesome, just awesome
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Well said sir, i look forward to seeing you next year! (if not sooner!)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Very well spoken Joe.

Here, try this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Well said Awesome, just awesome
+1 to the whole thing...I've been reliving moments from last weekend every waking moment, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Well said sir, i look forward to seeing you next year! (if not sooner!)
Definitely!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #14
GetInTheCar
...and just go

Drives: 2010 2LT Red Jewel
What a great group of people Camaro owners (and soon to be Camaro owners!) are. And all of you guys that organized the C5F2 are the best of the best! I'm still admiring all the awesome cars I saw, not only because they looked FINE, but because of the unbelievable spirit and energy that each owner put into them. I think that's why I've been looking at my pictures, and everyone else's, over and over and over again. They never fail to bring a big perma-grin to my face. Way to go Camaro community -- you are something special.
GetInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote