Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #29
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
If GM releases the 1LE right away I think they will sell it for two years then for 2018 release a better version. The reason the 1LE is what is so good is because of everything the learned from 10-12, and the research that went into the ZL1. I have no doubt a 1LE released at the same time as the SS will leave a lot on the table.

Last edited by Schluney; 04-12-2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Fat fingers
Schluney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's remember, also...when talking about timelines...there were many developmental delays in the Camaro performance cadre thanks to GM finances...ZL1, 1LE, even the Z/28 I think...all of them got put on hold for some time at one point or another.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #31
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
YOU'VE GOT TO GET IN ONE!!!

It's a completely different beast.
That is an understatement.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #32
ASimmons04

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
YOU'VE GOT TO GET IN ONE!!!

It's a completely different beast.
Just trying to find a weekend when we don't have anything to do! Seems I am always so busy!
ASimmons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASimmons04 View Post
Just trying to find a weekend when we don't have anything to do! Seems I am always so busy!
I hear that. Pick a warm-ish day so you don't get any chatter from the tires on your test drive.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #34
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Off, topic on my own thread...

So now I drive in competitive mode more often... fun.... click twice is my advice.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #35
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASimmons04 View Post
GM would be foolish not to offer the 1LE in the 6th Gen. Even if the new Camaro handles and drives a lot better, you have that group of people who want a more track oriented ("drivers") car. I test drove a 2SS 6 speed and was disappointed in the way the car felt. It was mushy feeling. I have yet to test drive a 1LE since no dealerships in my area seem to think anyone would want one, but every review I've read about the 1LE praises the car.
That is what I did, I drove a regular SS and was not impressed with it, turn my hunt towards other better handeling cars: 370Z Nismo, '13 Boss Laguna Seca, '08 Z06, '08 911S

I found a Laguna Seca and it was still dealer new, but they wouldn't come down off MSRP. So I passed, didn't want a regular boss. Then I researched insurance, repair cost, and modification cost. Porsche was out. Tried a Z06 and my tall frame was a no go. It was going towards the nismo. So I was researching and kept seeing this 1LE pop up as a competitor for budget track cars. Starting researching 1LE and went to dealers, same thing nobody had one. Found one and they were douch bags about me driving it. So I was getting closer to a purchase and wanted to try the recaro's no dealer had any and finally I find one who had a zl1 with them. Instant love for the seat. So I ordered one without driving, Randy Pobst Sealed it and when I saw track times of Laguna seca vs 1LE, that sealed it because I thought the Laguna seca was really good handler and if the 1LE was better and cheaper, done deal.

Funny enough the 1LE handles and feels like the Nismo which is smaller and lighter. A big car feels like a small car is impressive
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #36
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Best comment first day owning it. Pull up at street light next to a 2014 SS. Girl in car said hey he has one too, but its got custom wheels and his hood is black. She asked what model is that, I said 1LE. I heard her boyfriend say, honey its the same as this car with fancy wheels. Even our own are un-informed.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #37
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I have the same opinion as hunting trips with your buddies when shopping for my toys like my muscle cars. I leave the wife at home. I respect her opinion on everything we buy as a couple but when it comes to my toys i buy what i want with the options i like.