AWE Tuning

Old 02-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
GM is not making any apologies for the 6th gen costing more than the Mustangs and a full history of 5th gen sales showing people are not at all afraid of $50k+ Camaros. Their target was a $48-50k GT350, and said the 1LE will smoke it. Given the Camaros current pricing structure I doubt it will be cheaper than a GT350.
Can you explain then, how last generation they were able to take out a Boss Laguna Seca (49,000) with a 37k 1LE/SS?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #44
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Also you are over stating the cost of a gen5 1LE. I have 2SS with everything except a sunroof (NPP, recaros, and Nav) and it was about $44 msrp, not 46-47. The 1SS was even a bigger bargain, almost 10k cheaper. The Boss and ZL1 were priced near each other, not the 1LE and the Z/28 was in a league of its own.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #45
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Well equipped gen5 1LE is $46 - $47k. Gen 6 is going to be well over $50k easy.
Not gonna happen. Remember it's a 1SS.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #46
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The thing with the 1LE is that GM priced it too low last time. Not everyone is a track buyer, and they fielded an awful lot of complaints about casual ride quality in a car that is specifically designed to have a stiff, track-oriented suspension. For people who really want to track it, GM should raise the price enough to separate those who just want a car with a different option (the "top dog" buyers who can't swing a higher trim) and those who are committed to track handling. For the same reason Lamborghini owners don't complain about seating for 7, Camaro 1LE owners shouldn't be complaining about ride quality.

It's frustrating because I'm the last guy to advocate a price increase, but it's the only way to separate those who want a road yacht and a racecar.
EXACTLY!!

I think that 'magic' number is around $7000, or just a ball hair under. That is still an amazing deal at around $45K.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #47
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
Im with this guy.

The 16 1LE has standard everything you could add to a 15 1LE plus much more. The Recaros and NPP were addition options on the 2015 on top of the cost of the 1LE pkg, the 15 also didnt have upgraded brakes let alone MRC. The reality is if this car were any less than upper $40's, it would in fact be a price decrease over the 2015.

If you simply added only MRC, 6 piston brakes and npp, thats $5765 in options, bringing a regular 1SS to $42,065 with no other options. Then factor in all the 1LE stuff like the seats, hud, suspension, e diff, wheels and more costly tires, all the microsuede accents ect and I dont see how it could be cheaper than a very well optioned 2SS.

GM is not making any apologies for the 6th gen costing more than the Mustangs and a full history of 5th gen sales showing people are not at all afraid of $50k+ Camaros. Their target was a $48-50k GT350, and said the 1LE will smoke it. Given the Camaros current pricing structure I doubt it will be cheaper than a GT350.
Oppenheiser on 6 Gen 1LE pricing: “It’s not going to mirror the fifth-gen, the fifth-gen was frankly a steal. It was $3,500 as an option. It was an incredible value, more than I wanted,” and finished his thought with a chuckle.

“Because of the level of technology offered in the sixth-generation, and that we’ve elevated the performance in this new 1LE, the price is going to be higher. Not a lot higher, we want to sell a lot of them, but you can expect it to be a little higher than the fifth-gen,” he added.

Without this quote from Al O. I would be thinking $47-48K. This tells me it will be more like $43-44K.

'Not a lot higher' is more like $5-6K for the package at most. Just MHO. The one caveat would be if 'not a lot higher' is not a reference to the package, but a reference to the final price of the car. If that is the case, then he needed to present the information differently instead of focusing on the package price alone.

That may have created a little confusion.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #48
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Realistically speaking, could they make the 2017 1LE a set of dependent packages? Something like
1LE
(requires:
Recaro Seats
FE4 MRC
Suede steering wheel/shifter)

Which would make the V6 upgraded suspension the "standard" 1LE suspension, not change the steering wheel (or any interior parts) So basically, the only upgrade the 1LE option code actually gets you is the Black accessories, HUD, eLSD and upgraded brakes, which would be about a $3500 option, plus $1000 for the Recaros, $1500 for MRC, $250 for suede.

Im just guessing based on the fact that they didn't announce the V6 as a different option code, but Recaros and Suede are not standard on the vehicle.

That would put a SS1LE car in the $46000 range, and still allow for non 1LEs to reach in to the bucket for FE4, Recaros, or Suede steering wheel/shifter
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #49
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Realistically speaking, could they make the 2017 1LE a set of dependent packages? Something like
1LE
(requires:
Recaro Seats
FE4 MRC
Suede steering wheel/shifter)

Which would make the V6 upgraded suspension the "standard" 1LE suspension, not change the steering wheel (or any interior parts) So basically, the only upgrade the 1LE option code actually gets you is the Black accessories, HUD, eLSD and upgraded brakes, which would be about a $3500 option, plus $1000 for the Recaros, $1500 for MRC, $250 for suede.

Im just guessing based on the fact that they didn't announce the V6 as a different option code, but Recaros and Suede are not standard on the vehicle.

That would put a SS1LE car in the $46000 range, and still allow for non 1LEs to reach in to the bucket for FE4, Recaros, or Suede steering wheel/shifter
I was actually wondering that exact same scenario. Could they make the V8 1LE package require MRC and NPP. That way they could option the 1LE RPO pretty cheap, say $4k (close to the 5th gen per Al O) but then charge full pop for the MRC and NPP RPO options making the actual cost for a 1LE as it must be optioned to be something like $6,500.

I don't THINK they would do this, but it is not out of the realm of possibility.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #50
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
45k with Nav and PDR and I'm all in. Anything more and I'll hold out for a GT350 at a reasonable price. Sorry but anything touching 50k for a base model Camaro with a track package and base small block motor is a hard sell for me.

I'd love to own another GM LS/LT car (owned 5 previously) but not paying premium prices for a base trim level car. I'm a huge fan of this car too.

Last edited by Big reg; 02-17-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #51
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big reg View Post
45k with Nav and PDR and I'm all in. Anything more and I'll hold out for a GT350 at a reasonable price. Sorry but anything touching 50k for a base model Camaro with a track package and base small block motor is a hard sell for me.

I'd love to own another GM LS/LT car (owned 5 previously) but not paying premium prices for a base trim level car. I'm a huge fan of this car too.
Even though it is based off the 1SS, it is not the same equipment wise...many seem to forget this.

Excluding all the performance upgrades, the SS 1LE has suede and leather seats, suede steering wheel and shifter, Recaro seats, heads up display (HUD), etc. Except for the HUD, you can't get any of that on a 2SS. So all you are missing from the 2SS is the fluff, like disco lights (which is an LPO option), metal door sills (also an LPO option if you want it), blind spot monitoring, Bose, heated seats, dual zone, and that's about it...personally, I don't want any of that in a track focused car.

Also, FYI, the GT350 has the "track pack" standard for 2017 (seems Ford got scared by the SS 1LE lol), so expect the base price, with gas guzzler tax and such to easily hit $55,000...probably over $10,000 more then the SS 1LE.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #52
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Just my opinion....and slight rant.

I believe forums, such as this, drives the prices of these cars up; it's a free market survey. The automakers, especially the folks over on team Camaro, monitor the traffic on this site. They use it as an information gathering database to garner not just what people like, but what they don't like and what they're willing to pay. The 1LE is a "niche" car in a small segment of cars for the masses. I really wish we didn't reveal too much on here on what we're willing to pay because "we" don't speak for everyone but at the same time I honestly feel what we type on here impacts us for better or worse. There's no way that I'm going to show them my hand on what I'm willing to pay for any of their cars. My goal is to get it for the lowest price I possibly can but I know others will pay anything just to have a car; even if they can't really afford it. The fact that this car is a 6M puts it into an even smaller category with prospective buyers; many who have switched to driving automatics because they're faster and more efficient.

It's going to be a few months before they announce pricing and we're going to have a lot of moans and groans on here because people are going to believe it's too much and that it's too close in price to more luxurious cars and that's cool too. I've read through many posts on here and some people trade in their cars like their underwear; constantly in debt. To each their own but from where I sit those of you who put too much of your business out there (spending habits and showing your hand) are doing yourselves a disservice. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just reporting how I feel based on the many posts I've read on this forum and not just regarding this 1LE.

Please hold some of your information closer and don't reveal so much beforehand. Some of the information that we put on here really helps improve the vehicles but we all know the rubber meets the road when we decide to buy and if we're being honest we all know we want the lowest price possible and we also know that the sky isn't the limit; for most of us (not all of us). Many of us value our hard earned money and in the end many of us will be paying money for a car (1LE) in which we'll rarely use for it's intended purposes. I believe this car is a toy and only a few enthusiasts will get their money's worth by driving the hell out of it on a track or some spirited driving on curvy roads(hopefully safely).

Please don't take my diatribe personally, I'm just giving some feedback.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #53
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
I believe forums, such as this, drives the prices of these cars up; it's a free market survey. The automakers, especially the folks over on team Camaro, monitor the traffic on this site. They use it as an information gathering database to garner not just what people like, but what they don't like and what they're willing to pay. The 1LE is a "niche" car in a small segment of cars for the masses. I really wish we didn't reveal too much on here on what we're willing to pay because "we" don't speak for everyone but at the same time I honestly feel what we type on here impacts us for better or worse. There's no way that I'm going to show them my hand on what I'm willing to pay for any of their cars. My goal is to get it for the lowest price I possibly can but I know others will pay anything just to have a car; even if they can't really afford it. The fact that this car is a 6M puts it into an even smaller category with prospective buyers; many who have switched to driving automatics because they're faster and more efficient.

It's going to be a few months before they announce pricing and we're going to have a lot of moans and groans on here because people are going to believe it's too much and that it's too close in price to more luxurious cars and that's cool too. I've read through many posts on here and some people trade in their cars like their underwear; constantly in debt. To each their own but from where I sit those of you who put too much of your business out there (spending habits and showing your hand) are doing yourselves a disservice. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just reporting how I feel based on the many posts I've read on this forum and not just regarding this 1LE.

Please hold some of your information closer and don't reveal so much beforehand. Some of the information that we put on here really helps improve the vehicles but we all know the rubber meets the road when we decide to buy and if we're being honest we all know we want the lowest price possible and we also know that the sky isn't the limit; for most of us (not all of us). Many of us value our hard earned money and in the end many of us will be paying money for a car (1LE) in which we'll rarely use for it's intended purposes. I believe this car is a toy and only a few enthusiasts will get their money's worth by driving the hell out of it on a track or some spirited driving on curvy roads(hopefully safely).

Please don't take my diatribe personally, I'm just giving some feedback.

You mean like how they gather information about what to remove from a car to make it light and nimble, then watch people complain about all the features it's lacking? Then to introduce a newer model with all the lacking features only to have people complain about the weight and cost?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #54
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I just built a 1SS with MRC,NPP and the car was right at 40k in 2013 when I was trying to find a 2SS1LE the car was 42380,I would venture to say the 1LE option is going to be around 5500 and I wonder if NPP will be included in there I'm guessing it will be.So I'd be willing to say about 43 and some change for a 1SS with 1LE!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #55
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Even though it is based off the 1SS, it is not the same equipment wise...many seem to forget this.

Excluding all the performance upgrades, the SS 1LE has suede and leather seats, suede steering wheel and shifter, Recaro seats, heads up display (HUD), etc. Except for the HUD, you can't get any of that on a 2SS. So all you are missing from the 2SS is the fluff, like disco lights (which is an LPO option), metal door sills (also an LPO option if you want it), blind spot monitoring, Bose, heated seats, dual zone, and that's about it...personally, I don't want any of that in a track focused car.

Also, FYI, the GT350 has the "track pack" standard for 2017 (seems Ford got scared by the SS 1LE lol), so expect the base price, with gas guzzler tax and such to easily hit $55,000...probably over $10,000 more then the SS 1LE.
Valid point. On the other hand the GT350 has a 1 off hand built, flat plane crank engine. It does not share the Base GT V8 and also has completely different sheet metal from the A-pillar forward so it's kind of apples to oranges but I get what you're saying.

I was hoping for a 427ci LTx motor or even an LS6 style upgrade path for the LT1. Either way I will own one barring a major pricing gaffe by GM. If it is more than I'm willing to pay, I might wait for a slightly used one to justify the purchase.
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #56
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
People are so quick to add up the options and come up with a grand price. Remember...for each "option" with the 1LE pkg means that is one less part from the std SS. So if std SS seats cost $1500 and the "option" Recaro's with 1LE "pkg" cost $2000...that's only a $500 difference. The difference in cost is what one should be adding for the total 1LE package...not just the option cost.

1LE package will be $5-6.5K.
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote