Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

^Those are some good ones up there! I like the GM one....

And on the subject of comercials...
I LOVE the new Caddy comercial w/ the gorgeous redhead from Grey's Anatomy. First off...what a babe! Second, nice caddy. Third, she's talking about getting turned on... Daddy likey very much!!!

Oh, actually, that was a cool Caddy...pop up LCD display, big sunroof, etc, etc, etc....very nice, GM.

For Camaro commercials...
You KNOW GM will have to do something along the lines of "Welcome back." Whether it be "We made a mistake"...or, "We're back"...or, "We've missed you." Either way, there will have to be a commercial just for that.

I really like the commercial that we saw in the movie theater w/ all the GM cars. Good song to start off...but what was really cool was we ran through all of the then and now's of GM cars. I'd love to see a commercial based off the Camaro like that. Let's start with the introduction to the 1st Gen and the reaction the public got (shot's of pub's faces upon reveil, etc.). Then, let's move on to the 2nd gen and it's highlights, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen (shots of the LS1, ect.), and then bring on the big bang of the 5th Gen. I mean we need shots...and regular people shots too!!! For example...

Let's get some shots of the silver coupe at a regular any old day car show...with all the folks standing around staring at it in awe. We've been there, we know it happened. We've seen it. *When I'm watching the commercial, bring back my memory of seeing it for the first time.*...along w/ the debut of the concept at NAIAS, of course. But, you get the idea w/ the car show snippit.

Then, get some shots at press events like the one Kenz went to out in Cali (that freakin burger joint which I can never remember the name!!!). But, show a couple of quick snippits of that...have the design team in one shot, and Chip Foose talking to members in another, etc.

Go to some driving shots of it...the orange vert w/ the top down on the back roads....(these are all concept shots we're showing here).

THEN, get to the real Camaro...the finished product. This whole commercial is done in stages...from first Camaro to 4th Gen...to concept form, to final product. Show THE FIRST (5th Gen) production Camaro rolling off the line and everyone who is there to celebrate it. I want to see REAL reactions...not some fabricated BS from Hollywood. Show the first one rolling off the plant floor, though...show some more getting shipped out to dealers and show the customer picking up his new Camaro w/ the dealer handing the guy the keys...then watch as he gets in his new Camaro and drives off into the sunset as he turns on, then quickly turns off the radio so he can listen to the exhaust. ***This is stuff we can relate to!!**

I could go on for a while. I have plenty of ideas. If GM gets into the commercial wars w/ Ford and Dodge, there'll be some good ones coming out. I like the race track one. I'm sure there'll be a few commercials w/ all three cars in them....and if not, THERE SHOULD BE.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #30
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I don't really see GM using the Dragon as the new symbol for the Camaro. The Camaro is supposed to be All-American, and Dragon's just reek of import. Whether it be European Dragons or Eastern Dragons.

Also, Dragons have been given a rather nerdy image in recent years, right along with ninjas, pirates, and Chuck Norris.

I do agree that it's the perfect time to give the Camaro its own mascot and corresponding symbol. Mustang and Ferrari have the horses, Firebird has the phoenix, etc... We need to come up with something that says "Camaro" as well as saying "America" without going so far as to use the American Flag or an Eagle.

The only problem is that Camaro either means nothing, or it means "Warm Friend". We can't really have a symbol of two friends hugging.

Quote:
Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers "What is a Camaro?", and they were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".
What's a small, vicious, American animal? It doesn't necessarily have to be capable of consuming a Mustang in its present form, we can supercharge it.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Nibbler" from Futurama. Something cute or majestic, proud, powerful and considerably smaller than a horse.

How about an Alligator? Those can be considered fairly American, and are quite powerful. Graphic Design would have to a bit of work on making it "Majestic" or "Cute".
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #31
Pencil.Fight

Here's some more information on Mustang's natural enemies.

From "The Mustangs", by James Frank Dobie

Quote:
Over the greater part of North America, the only formidable natural enemies met by the Spanish horses, aside from flies, mosquitoes and screw worms, were the panther and the lobo - the timber, or buffalo, wolf. All horses are afraid of bears, but the grizzlies in California, where they were most numerous, killed few horses. Living on the prairies, the wild horses were comparatively free of insect pests.
Wolves in packs followed the buffalo herds, cutting off and bringing down stragglers. They sometimes attacked mustangs also, but horse flesh was never their main diet. After cattle took the place of buffaloes, they continued to prey more on cattle than on horses.
From "Montana Outdoors" March–April 2003
Quote:
Because the mustangs have few natural enemies (primarily mountain lions and bears) and cannot be hunted, the Pryor Mountain population could quickly grow too large for the available habitat.

Last edited by Pencil.Fight; 09-17-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'd go for the wolf. They are dogs and so that covers companionship. But they also have a nasty bite. They stick together. And they thin out the herds of mustangs.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #33
Pencil.Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd go for the wolf. They are dogs and so that covers companionship. But they also have a nasty bite. They stick together. And they thin out the herds of mustangs.
I like it! Does any other company/car already have the wolf as their symbol?

I can just see the commercial now:

A herd of mustangs (horses) are standing around in the plains, chewing on some grass. Up comes a couple of wolves and the chase is on. A good amount of dust is thrown up and both the mustangs and the wolves are momentarily hidden from view. A horse winnies loudly and the dust settles. All that's left is a Camaro sitting there with some kind of horse remnants on the ground in front of the car.

It'd have to be appropriate for TV, so they'd probably use horse shoes, even though it's supposed to be a wild horse.

Or how about this:

A couple of guys are standing next to a Mustang in a parking lot or gas station. A Camaro pulls up and one of the guys turns to his friend and says "Ha, check out the Camaro. What does that even mean anyway?" A guy who's supposed to look like a scientist or wildlife biologist comes out of nowhere with a book called "A Guide to American Wildlife" or something, and reads "Camaro: A small, vicious animal that eats mustangs". The camera flashes back to the Camaro's hood and a wolf growl sound effect is heard. The two guys look at each other with fear in their eyes and quickly get in their car and drive away. The camera flashes back to the Camaro where the announcer says "The Chevy Camaro is back, and it's here to stay" in a serious/threatening tone.

Last edited by Pencil.Fight; 09-20-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I wrote Mustang where I meant Camaro. I know, I know.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #34
SSFreak11

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
I read somewhere that Chevy had originally planned on calling it the Panther rather than Camaro. They had name plates stamped out and everything. Then last minute they changed their minds and decided that Camaro sounded better.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #35
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
During the preproduction stages of the Chevrolet Camaro, General Motors codenamed the vehicle 'Panther'. The name 'Camaro' was decided upon before production began. The word 'Camaro' in French is slang for 'friend' but in pony-car slang, the name means 'Mustang killer'.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...o/default.aspx

I really really like either idea of having a panther or wolf in the commercials. Both have good meaning behind them.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I like domesticated Dogs...but in the wild...it has to be a Cat. Panthe's nice.

I like the Wolf Idea, too...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #37
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
you mean something like this.....

Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #38
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
What the hell is it chasing? I make out claws of some sort. The commercial is pretty cool. I like it alot.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #39
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
its like a little devil.. ive been trying to find a better quality version..

Higher quality version here...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=5250837
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #40
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
that is the kind of idea that i think we are talking about but i looks a little "childish" if thats the right word. Theres no reason behind anything

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #41
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
What would have been awesome is if the truck was being chased by a lightning bolt, and outrunning it.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
Pencil.Fight

Ok, so the commercial has already been done. But I think the horse idea is different enough that it can be done again. The Dodge commercial starts off with a chase, with no motivation given, whereas ours starts off with the horses grazing and a hungry *blank* comes up for the kill.

Now we just need to decide what animal to use. I like the Panther idea because it goes on the same theme of revisiting the classic Camaro, but at the same time it may be too similar to the Jaguar. The average Joe Cardriver probably couldn't distinguish between the two.

The wolf, as far as I know, has yet to be used for a car. But maybe there's a reason for that. A wolf seems like a pretty obvious choice for a car mascot, so why hasn't it been used? If it's just because the name "wolf" doesn't fit the car idea, then that's ok. For Chevy it's no longer a "wolf" it's a "Camaro". If they get really lucky people could stop calling the animals wolves and refer to them solely as Camaros. Then they'd really be breaking the mold and rather than having a car named after an animal, they've got an animal named after a car!

Now, though I like the idea of the wolf, I think we still need to try and come up with some new ideas just to make sure we've though of everything.

What about Wolverines? (No, not the Xmen character, the furry little land piranha). Wolverines are like the American version of the Tasmanian Devil.

Ooo, I just looked up some info on Wolverines at this site, and I have to say, I like what I see.

I paraphrased the page, but if this doesn't sound a Camaro, I don't know what does. Just replace the word Wolverine with Camaro.

Quote:
The wolverine is very clever like a wolf, but he is much more resourceful than a wolf.

Even though they have a shy nature, those who have seen the wolverine attest to their feistiness. The wolverine is also very fierce, fearless and protective of it’s young. The wolverine inherited the weasel’s powerful back and legs.

The wolverine is always on the move and is always trying different ways to get the job done.

Because of his work and eating ethics, I consider him one of the most resourceful animals in the Arctic.

Characteristics and Physical Features of the Wolverine

Distinguishing Characteristics: Two pale stripes down it's back.

The wolverine doesn’t eat more than he needs. If he kills a caribou or bear he will spray it with musk and bury it. Later he will come back and finish it.

Is the wolverine fast?

The wolverine has two speeds, fast and stop. If the wolverine is not “sprinting” it is at a complete stop. Therefore to catch prey, the wolverine must ambush, pounce or find a slower animal.

What does the wolverine do if he is slower than his prey?

To attack prey, the wolverine will climb to the top of a rock or a tall stump, then when a deer of some other medium to large animal comes along the wolverine will jump squarely on the unfortunate animals back, breaking or severing vital organs.

The prey exhausts itself where as the wolverine can move quickly.

How big is a wolverine’s territory?

The wolverine’s territory can be quiet large, sometimes reaching 200 square miles. It will leave it’s scent on hills and on rocks to say to other wolverines “back off, this is my spot!”

Wolverine fur has a durability rating of 100 which means it’s hairs do not break off so it lasts for years.
It may not be an All-American animal, but it is common in Alaska and Canada, so that's good enough for me.