Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Chrysler Hybirds

Dodge EV, This is nice

Link

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post

Dodge EV, This is nice

Link

that looks like a viper and a lotus elise had a baby. not saying its ugly but im sure not saying i like it
Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
you wont ever say you like it haha jk.

looks nice...
it is electric
does 0-60 in under 5 seconds...

=win
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
id never buy one so i dont really like it but i dont hate it. i really dont see any hybrid in my near future.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That is glorious. I'm glad that Dodge has a sense of style when it comes to hybrids. It does look like a Viper-Elise crossbreed, but that isn't bad. The target market for this car is clear: sports car lovers with a big budget and at least some environmental interest.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Kinda looks like a Tesla...
really, though -- I like it. Good luck to them!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
you wont ever say you like it haha jk.

looks nice...
it is electric
does 0-60 in under 5 seconds...

=win
The article says it will do zero to fifty in under 5 seconds.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
IMO whats the point of making a two seater hybrid you could only bring one friend to a football game and the rest have to drive a gas car?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
IMO whats the point of making a two seater hybrid you could only bring one friend to a football game and the rest have to drive a gas car?
Same reason they make regular cab trucks.. some of us dont need 4/5 seats.. Its just the wife and me..

Personnnaly I think its the paintjob/stripes that is turning people off for that.. do it in a black or red and it will be killer...
Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Umm, there is a very good reason that it looks like a tesla, and consequently a lotus: the tesla and if anyone actually read the article
Quote:
the Dodge EV, an all-electric sports car based on a Lotus frame.
I heard about this the other day. These hybrids/electric vehicles came out of nowhere. All the focus has been on the volt but these are poised to beat the volt to market.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
hmmm i like the vehicle but it's a horrible idea for dodge

they are going into the electric market wrong, they should make an electric sedan...cause people with families aren't going to buy this, and when someones going through a dealership lot, and they see this vehicle they aren't going to say o thats an electric car they're going to think it was a sports car
Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I personally prefer the Tesla over this.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
hmmm i like the vehicle but it's a horrible idea for dodge

they are going into the electric market wrong, they should make an electric sedan...cause people with families aren't going to buy this, and when someones going through a dealership lot, and they see this vehicle they aren't going to say o thats an electric car they're going to think it was a sports car
How about a Volt-esque minivan? Or Jeep

Quote:
Chrysler also showed so-called "range-extended" electric versions of its Windsor, Ont.-built Chrysler Town & Country minivan as well as the Jeep Wrangler, which use a small gasoline engine to power the main electric drive system and allow longer driving.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblog View Post

PRESS RELEASE

Dodge Circuit EV

• Dodge Circuit EV: Brand new version of all-electric sports car boasts unique, fearless Dodge design
• All-electric vehicle delivers sports car performance with zero gasoline consumption, zero tailpipe emissions and 150-200 mile driving range

The Dodge Circuit EV displays bold exterior and interior styling with outstanding performance, zero gasoline consumption and zero tailpipe emissions.

The Dodge Circuit EV design screams pure sports car from every angle. The Dodge Circuit EV's profile demonstrates perfect proportions for balanced handling, placing the driver and passenger midway along the wheelbase. At the front of the vehicle, the distinctive Dodge crosshair grille splits the wind, sending it over the long, low hood and cleanly over the windshield and cockpit. The body sides feature a deep scallop, providing visual depth and also a functional rear-brake air duct. At the rear, the functional elements blend with design to create a uniform finish.

"The exterior styling of the Dodge Circuit EV mates bold Dodge styling to the no-compromise performance attributes of an all-electric performance sports car," said Ralph Gilles, Vice President – Design, Chrysler LLC. "The Dodge Circuit EV offers an extremely fun-to-drive, expressive sports car without fuel consumption and with virtually no impact on the environment."

The Dodge Circuit EV is adorned in all-new "Tangoreen" exterior color, wearing large "EV" graphics on both sides of the sports car.

The uncomplicated interior of the Dodge Circuit EV delivers a combination of pure function and athletic refinement. The cockpit design puts complete control of the car at the driver's fingertips. Nestled within a leather-covered instrument cluster are two primary analog-face gauges. A digital display conveys information regarding the electric-drive system.

The seats feature deep bolsters and are covered in premium leather. The same premium leather covers the center console and the width of the instrument panel.

The Dodge Circuit EV delivers all of the convenience features of a performance sports car, including premium sound system, power windows and door locks, air conditioning, speed control.

Propelled by a completely electric ENVI drivetrain, the Dodge Circuit EV posts impressive performance numbers:

• 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds
• ¼-mile in 13 seconds
• Top speed of more than 120 mph

Perhaps the most impressive Dodge Circuit EV number, however, is zero. That's how much gasoline the vehicle consumes while providing exhilarating sports car performance. It's also how much tailpipe emissions are produced.

The Dodge Circuit EV utilizes just three powertrain components. These include a 200 kW (268 horsepower) electric motor to drive the wheels, an advanced lithium-ion battery system to power the electric-drive motor, and a controller that manages energy flow.

Working with the latest advanced lithium-ion battery technology, the Dodge Circuit EV has a driving range of 150 to 200 miles between charges – more than triple the average daily commute of most consumers. Recharging the vehicle is a simple one-step process: plugging into a standard 110-volt household outlet. The recharge time can be cut in half by using a typical 220-volt household appliance power outlet.

The Dodge Circuit EV offers driving enthusiasts a performance sports car that can be driven to work every day – without consuming gasoline or producing tailpipe emissions.

Dodge Circuit EV – Vehicle Specifications

Vehicle Type Battery Electric Vehicle, 2-passenger performance coupe

Weight and Dimensions
Length 153.5 inches / 3900 mm
Width 67.5 inches / 1714 mm
Height 45.3 inches / 1150 mm
Wheelbase 91.7 inches / 2330 mm
Track front / rear 57.4 inches / 1457 mm 58.7 inches / 1490 mm
Turn circle 38.0 feet / 11.6 m

Powertrain and Suspension
Layout Rear-wheel drive
Motor Power: 200 kW (268 hp), Regenerative braking
Battery Lithium-ion battery
Suspension Front - Independent, Rear - Independent

Wheels and Tires
Tire size front P195 / 45ZR17 23.9 inches / 607 mm
Tire size rear P235 / 40ZR18 25.4 inches / 645 mm

Color Scheme
Exterior Tangoreen
Interior Black Leather with Satin Silver accents

Key Performance Attributes
0-60 mph (0-100 kph) less than 5 seconds
Standing ¼-mile low-13 seconds
Top speed greater than 120 mph (approximately 193 kph)
All-electric range 150-200 miles (approximately 241-322 km)

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote