Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
SLICKCH02

Drives: 2010 camaroSS
I was driving home from work the other day and decided to turn the ac on and it just blew warm air. Dont use the ac much but when i needed it nothing, Im not sure if the system is empty or the compressor is not coming on. Did notice when looking around, found the high side line contacting the alternator pully and rubbing a hole into, just had my oil pan replaced too so i think somebody didnt put the lines back together right. doesnt look like it leaked out there though., making a call for servie today. As for the complaints on long driving and the ac cutting out. This almost sounds like the evaporator is freezing up. seen this in the past on another car make. . Ac will blow fine for a while then it will blow warm and there will be no airflow from vents even though blower is blowing.
SLICKCH02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICKCH02 View Post
I was driving home from work the other day and decided to turn the ac on and it just blew warm air. Dont use the ac much but when i needed it nothing, Im not sure if the system is empty or the compressor is not coming on. Did notice when looking around, found the high side line contacting the alternator pully and rubbing a hole into, just had my oil pan replaced too so i think somebody didnt put the lines back together right. doesnt look like it leaked out there though., making a call for servie today. As for the complaints on long driving and the ac cutting out. This almost sounds like the evaporator is freezing up. seen this in the past on another car make. . Ac will blow fine for a while then it will blow warm and there will be no airflow from vents even though blower is blowing.
I am sorry for any inconveniences you may be experiencing from this concern. If you want me to check your VIN to see if there are any applicable warranties and/or recalls, I will be more than happy to do so via PM. I look forward to your response.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Please check post #3 in this thread. Mine was repaired 3 times before they got it right last year. It was the compressor.........
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221496

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #18
midnightz/28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 1981 Z/28,
a/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICKCH02 View Post
I just posted about this too!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231585
I will find out something by the weekend and let you know what my problem was. Or if you find out before me let me know.
midnightz/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanabarley View Post
i put 3000 miles on mine in 7 days. My air would stop cooling if we drove over 4 hrs strait. the cold or the fan seemed like they could not keep up. It has not don that since then but we only are takeing it on short drives since the trip. and the dealership said it needs to be doing it when we bring it in. Also just this weekend everything on my central controle panel dosn't work at night. what ever the settings were durring the day is what they are at night. the ac is stuck the vol. on radio nothing lights up or adjusts. I have an apt. tomarow with the service dep. I still love this car, despite the querks.
There is a TSB re-flash for evaporators that freeze up on long trips, check if you car applies, had mine re-flashed and it will freeze you out, I can never keep it on the max cold setting.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #20
USARCPT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
.........Also Yes I did have the snowflake button on............
Hey, Chief - All jokes at my expense aside, this is precisely what I didn't do for a good 20 mins. I never use the climate controls and so, I turned it to cold, selected the high blower speed, and then proceeded to feel the temp in the car rise without change!

"What the heck is going on?" I wondered. I had only turned it all the way to the left to face the snowflake image - I hadn't pushed the button also. Once I did, all was in working order.

After that escapade, I simply opted to use my typical method of rolling down the windows.

Hope they figure yours out.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #21
tmoneyl337

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
I am having a similar issue my ac doesn't get cold very fast and doesn't get near as cold as it should, my first thought was refrigerant but I figured I'd check here first because it shouldn't be low. After reading I checked my car and I have no puddle so what is the next step?
tmoneyl337 is offline   Reply With Quote