Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
2011 mustang v6 or 2011 camaro v6? your honest opinion.

I am kinda on the fence here between a 2011 new 3.7 305hp v6 mustang and the 2011 312hp v6 camaro. It seem the only option available right now for the v6 camaros are exhaust and intake. Am I missing something here? I think the new mustang are just ok looking but I have to admit the new camaro are just plain sexy. I've been doing alot of research as far as modding the two vehicles and it look like the mustang is a better performer stock vs stock but not by much. The aftermarket support for the new v6 mustang engine are just insane. Just with the under 400 dollar hanheld tune from companies like bama and diablo can take the speed limiter off and add up to 30 wheel horse power across the band with 93 octane gas and even more with intake, gears and exhaust. What is the deal with the new camaro? I think the camaro is a very nice looking car but where is the aftermarket support? I know that you guys are camaro owners but if you could do it all over again would you have opted for the new mustang? I like both cars but I just want to get a honest opinion from already camaro owners.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
The only mustang I would ever own is the older style Shelby gt500. Period. Regardless of power
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i would rather have a bone stock LS v6 camaro then a fully loaded, boosted, all the bells and wistles v6 mustang...or v8 mustang for that matter...
Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
CAMARO....Get the mustang for the wife
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
i would have bought the mustang. i love my camaro, but i like to play with my cars and the mustang definitly has the support and for less money for mods, it can scream.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
My wife is waiting on her 2012 v6 mustang to be finished. I am going to have some fun with it...I mean she is LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well if you want more performances go with the stang. if you want decent power and looks camaro. but the stang does look cool too
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
Camaro all over again. Driving a 2LT and loving it. I guess i set some limits as to how much i wanted to spend on modding so I don't really mind the choices for modding. But i'm sure that modding for v6 camaros will pick up since there is a demand for it.
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Depends what you're buying it for. I bought mine because lets be honest, 312hp+ whatever mods is more than enough for street driving. Sure, you can always be the guy to say, I have 500hp or whatever, but unless you're at the track or strip a lot, what's the point other than just to say you have it? Let's call performance a wash since they are both more than enough for the vast majority of drivers, especially for drivers in the V6 market.

The Camaro is by far sexier. The new Mustang looks just terrible from the front or back, and just OK from the sides. So exterior goes to Camaro.

So then interior- I haven't been inside a Mustang, so I have no comment on this. I don't think the Camaro interior is great, but I don't think it's terrible either for the price.

Then compare the prices based on the options you want in each.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't have bought a Mustang no matter what because the Camaro is way better looking, and both are fast enough for me.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
You can get gears and turbos for the Camaro as well. But I agree, not many people are stepping up to provide mods for the V6 Camaro. On a Camaro site you aren't going to get many that will say choose the Mustang, so just drive them both, decide how important those mod differences are, and decide. The performance diff stock vs. stock isn't that much, and someone will produce something faster next year.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I actually backed out of a camaro deal to go with a 2011 mustang v6 premium with leather interior, shaker 500 audio system with 8 apeakers, ambient lighting with 6 interchangeable gauge colors, etc.. etc.. all for $22795. The camaro LS was all base with no options for $21650, but now I am seriously considering backing out of the mustang deal to go with the camaro LS again. Its the camaro exterior styling that I just cant resist. To be completely honest with you I was hooked on the new camaro ever since I seen one in the movie transformers but for some reason I always thought it was an expensive car. For the mustang I just hate the exterior styling or should I say is "just ok" but I am just turned on by its performance especially thinking about the extra horsepower I can add when I get the itch with not that much money. If I can get a car with camaro exterior but with the new 2011 mustang performance and of course the crazy aftermarket support I think I would already have made my decision a long time ago. I just dont want to go with a camaro and end up wishing that I should of went with a mustang. I guess I will keep reading and keep thinking and hopefully I can make my decision.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You can get gears and turbos for the Camaro as well. But I agree, not many people are stepping up to provide mods for the V6 Camaro. On a Camaro site you aren't going to get many that will say choose the Mustang, so just drive them both, decide how important those mod differences are, and decide. The performance diff stock vs. stock isn't that much, and someone will produce something faster next year.
I kinda figured that. Trust me, same thing with the mustang forum. Peoples over at the mustang forum are saying things like the mustang will walk all over the slomaro and the slomaro is not even direct injected yet and blah blah blah, but there are a few peoples like you in between that are more open minded and not too objective that has a guy like me think a little better. Not trying to make a camaro vs mustang debate in no way because I know that both has its ups and down. I just want to know what peoples think after actually having one in their driveway.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
If you go v6 camaro go manual the you can add gears if you want and the gears really wake the car up. the automatic uses a different rear end and would really limit your option choices.

On looks my neighbor has a new mustang but its my camaro that gets all the attention.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I just dont want to go with a camaro and end up wishing that I should of went with a mustang. I guess I will keep reading and keep thinking and hopefully I can make my decision.
Dude, don't worry too much about it... get something you like... don't look back.... they are both awesome cars to drive!
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote