Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
scrapping ddin idea but still need usb and blue tooth

I was looking into getting a ddin radio with nav stystem but since chevy decided to make this so difficult and expensive vs a simple head unit install I'm just scrapping that idea cuz I can't justify dropping 1300, 800 for the radio was a stretch but I'm pretty much priced out of this idea. Thanks chevy. And thank you chevy as well for being cheap and not including a usb port on my LS; I didn't do my homework but I just assumed this was standard equipment on a nice car in 2011 and didn't figure it out til I got the car home. For the record my sister bought a base model scion tc and traded that in for a base model nissan rogue and both included this option as standard equipment but chevy wants to use this as an opportunity to upsell and I know their cost is virtually nothing to make this standard. I've never owned anything other than a GM car but stuff like this, not to mention the quality/reliability factor, is pushing me to buy a japanese car in the future and right now my mom is looking for a car and I'm pushing her to buy japanese. But I digress.

I have been using the stupid aux jack and I hate it. It doesn't charge my phone and I'm going wreck my car fumbling for my phone and trying to change songs on my touch screen phone and the sound sucks. So I guess if I can't fix the problem gm left me with by changing the head unit I am stuck with the pdim. How much is this going to cost me parts and labor installed and does this include blue tooth? Anything else I should know?
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Price is $150. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157735

Installation is free if you DIY http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662

Programming should be relatively cheap since all they have to do is update your master information file to reflect you now have a PDIM and update your radio with that information. Takes 10-15 tops which includes them hooking up the tech tool to your car and their computer. Shouldn't cost any more than $50.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote