Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
New owner, week later, many stories already!!

Friday August 26th- Day 2 on car deal. The deal was hinging on getting the boat sold. So the dealership made several phone calls. Soon some offers came in. One was too low!! But a private buyer offer the right price!! SOLD!! Now the deal is moving. Then I was getting cold feet. I was trading in a loaded Z71 Avalanche. So I sat there. Looked at the Camaro. My sales guy said lets shake on it!! Still had cold feet. He said go sit in the Camaro again. So I did. My dreaming was coming true!! So I went back inside and said OK!! I then went to Financing to finish the deal. I had the GAP and the Service Warranty switched to the Camaro!! AWESOME!! Money saved!! So afterwards he figured out the final payment. He turned to me and said $xxx. No friggin' way I said!! That is the same amount I have been paying on the Avalanche already!! That was my LOTTO!!

Monday August 29th- I drove over to my parents house to pick up my Dad!! We had to get some Titles for the dealer. So I pull in the driveway and go to the door. Knock on the door. No answer. So I unlocked the door and went in. I checked the garage to see if his truck is there. No truck. He had left the house. So I locked the front door and got back in the Camaro. I started the car and the whole car was shaking bad. I had a message that warned me of sudden engine loss!! I quickly turned off the engine OH CRAP!! So I pressed the Onstar button to have them run a check!! Yep!! Engine problem, go straight to dealer!! So I started the engine again and it was running fine!! But I drove it straight to the dealer!! I pulled in the Service Dept. to my Service Manager. He looked at me and shook his head. What did you with your Avalanche?, he said. I traded it for the Camaro!! So I told him what happened. He then ran the codes. Yep!! Same codes that Onstar told me about. Gave him the keys and did paperwork. So I called my Dad so we can get the Titles. He came and picked me up. We went and got the Titles for the dealer. We got back and gave Finance the Titles. The New Car manager saw me and asked where is my Camaro!! I told him what happened. So he called my service manager and authorized a rental car while my car is being fixed!! So I picked up the rental right there at the dealship and went home!!

Tuesday August 30th- I recieved the call that the car is fixed!! So I get in the rental and drive back to the dealer. Drop off the rental. I then went in to see the Cashier to sign and get the keys. He doesn't have them. So I waited. Few minutes later my Service Manager comes in with my keys!! Sign the paperwork and drove home, Come to find out the ECM module had FAILED!! The technicians also reprogrammed the computer!! NO COST, UNDER WARRANTY!! It was just a minor hiccup!!

Friday September 2nd- I had to make a run to turn in my rent check!! I was cruising on a two lane highway. All of a sudden here comes a Ford Mustang!! Drives up next to me and we both cruise along. All the while I stayed under 70 mph I left the Mustang in the dust and stuck in the traffic!! Later down the road the Mustang caught up to me. The Mustang stayed behind me the whole way until he/she made right turn later!! Oh, yah it was a Sinister edition!!

And now today- I went to my sister's with my parents for a visit. We took my Camaro. On the way up another Mustang creeped up and cruised along with me!! He/she revved their engine as to get me to race them!! NO WAY!! I had my parents in my Camaro and I don't need another stupid speeding ticket!! I have learned the HARD way about speeding tickets and insurance. So after no dice the mustang sped away!!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil11 View Post
Friday August 26th- Day 2 on car deal. The deal was hinging on getting the boat sold. So the dealership made several phone calls. Soon some offers came in. One was too low!! But a private buyer offer the right price!! SOLD!! Now the deal is moving. Then I was getting cold feet. I was trading in a loaded Z71 Avalanche. So I sat there. Looked at the Camaro. My sales guy said lets shake on it!! Still had cold feet. He said go sit in the Camaro again. So I did. My dreaming was coming true!! So I went back inside and said OK!! I then went to Financing to finish the deal. I had the GAP and the Service Warranty switched to the Camaro!! AWESOME!! Money saved!! So afterwards he figured out the final payment. He turned to me and said $xxx. No friggin' way I said!! That is the same amount I have been paying on the Avalanche already!! That was my LOTTO!!

Monday August 29th- I drove over to my parents house to pick up my Dad!! We had to get some Titles for the dealer. So I pull in the driveway and go to the door. Knock on the door. No answer. So I unlocked the door and went in. I checked the garage to see if his truck is there. No truck. He had left the house. So I locked the front door and got back in the Camaro. I started the car and the whole car was shaking bad. I had a message that warned me of sudden engine loss!! I quickly turned off the engine OH CRAP!! So I pressed the Onstar button to have them run a check!! Yep!! Engine problem, go straight to dealer!! So I started the engine again and it was running fine!! But I drove it straight to the dealer!! I pulled in the Service Dept. to my Service Manager. He looked at me and shook his head. What did you with your Avalanche?, he said. I traded it for the Camaro!! So I told him what happened. He then ran the codes. Yep!! Same codes that Onstar told me about. Gave him the keys and did paperwork. So I called my Dad so we can get the Titles. He came and picked me up. We went and got the Titles for the dealer. We got back and gave Finance the Titles. The New Car manager saw me and asked where is my Camaro!! I told him what happened. So he called my service manager and authorized a rental car while my car is being fixed!! So I picked up the rental right there at the dealship and went home!!

Tuesday August 30th- I recieved the call that the car is fixed!! So I get in the rental and drive back to the dealer. Drop off the rental. I then went in to see the Cashier to sign and get the keys. He doesn't have them. So I waited. Few minutes later my Service Manager comes in with my keys!! Sign the paperwork and drove home, Come to find out the ECM module had FAILED!! The technicians also reprogrammed the computer!! NO COST, UNDER WARRANTY!! It was just a minor hiccup!!

Friday September 2nd- I had to make a run to turn in my rent check!! I was cruising on a two lane highway. All of a sudden here comes a Ford Mustang!! Drives up next to me and we both cruise along. All the while I stayed under 70 mph I left the Mustang in the dust and stuck in the traffic!! Later down the road the Mustang caught up to me. The Mustang stayed behind me the whole way until he/she made right turn later!! Oh, yah it was a Sinister edition!!

And now today- I went to my sister's with my parents for a visit. We took my Camaro. On the way up another Mustang creeped up and cruised along with me!! He/she revved their engine as to get me to race them!! NO WAY!! I had my parents in my Camaro and I don't need another stupid speeding ticket!! I have learned the HARD way about speeding tickets and insurance. So after no dice the mustang sped away!!
Great storys you will have so meny more. It seems ever time i get behind my steering wheel ever day is some sort of new story to be written. Its so much fun owning this car.

P.S cant wait till you join the dark side "soon to be Decepticon!!" PM your plans on what you will do i can give advice if you need it

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
There has to be a ton of Camaro owners in Florida. Nothing wrong with that just seems like there are alot of Camaro's down that way. Nice car, though pictures would help the cause.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
There has to be a ton of Camaro owners in Florida. Nothing wrong with that just seems like there are alot of Camaro's down that way. Nice car, though pictures would help the cause.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
Nightfall...how do you have time to drive your camaro...you post non stop here.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
DUH!! Pictures tomorrow!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Congrats on your camaro, we know there will be many more great stories.
SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
redevil11, CONGRATS and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
because i can muti-task and 5 mins in my camaro is like 5 hours i enjoy driveing it so much. Plus i am broke LMFAO no gas money

Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 AM   #10
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post

So true, I noticed the same thing. But on a serious note...that sucks not having money for even gas. Too many mods maybe.....
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #11
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Awesome bro. This is just the beginning...
Old 09-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #12
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
You sound excited. Nice. Enjoy the car.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #13
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Awesome post. Now let's see some pictures.