Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sale of the first Malibu (off one dealers lot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lutz
I’m on the road again this week, but I had to share a quick story I heard from one of our West Coast dealers about the sale of his first Chevrolet Malibu.

Seems this particular dealer has a good friend back in suburban Detroit who hasn’t driven a GM product since 1979. That’s almost 30 years that this gentleman has spurned our cars and trucks.

In the interim, he has driven all the big-ticket vehicles, lots of Mercedes-Benz products, and was most recently in a Lexus LS sedan. The man, whom the dealer characterized as a “car guy,” had heard a lot about the new Malibu, and finally went to his local Chevy dealer to try one out.

He liked it. A lot. To the point where he called his friend, our dealer in California, and ordered one. Loaded. He wants every option available — loves gadgets.

So this dealer in Southern California just sold his first Malibu, to a car guy from Michigan who is turning in his Lexus! The customer is flying out to L.A. to pick up the car and drive it back to Detroit. The dealer said, “I hope this is just one of many former GM customers that we are able to win back.”

Amen to that. I hope to hear many more stories like that about the Malibu.
Share ‘em if you got ‘em.
oooooo, please, please do this good with the Camaro!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I knew the Malibu was supposed to be good, but winning a car guy who has been driving Mercedes and Lexus's (or is it Lexi . . . ) for 30 years? Thats awesome. And I would expect that there will be similar stories for the Camaro, as long as they keep the performance numbers we expect, the price competitive, and give them respectable interiors, there will be a ton of people comming back to GM
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I kinda doubt the story went exactly like that. More likely, the guy picked it up as another car for a family member maybe. Hence why he flew down instead of driving down to trade his car in.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I agree. You don't trade in a Lexus LS on a Malibu. I mean....you'd get at least 3 Malibu's for that one Lexus....

Seriously though, I did stop at a dealer and check out the new Malibu (from the outside only). It looks great. If I were in the market for that type of vehicle, it would be first on my list to check out. On looks alone, I would take it over a Camry and the new Accord (which does look nice). The Malibu has a great stance and just looks the part. Hopefully the interior and the performance are on that same level. If they are, GM has a huge hit on it's hands.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Hopefully the interior and the performance are on that same level
Oh, they are. We drove them in Dallas and it's top notch. The interior was done well. And...it wasn't top of the line. Can't wait to see a decked out Malibu.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
fiveohh

Drives: stratus
Had to post an ad of one of my Ex's from Avis rentacar of all places, LOL.
She was a sweet mint all original with working air condtioning! Man I loved her......Oh i should mentionthat was in 1987.
Attached Images

fiveohh is offline   Reply With Quote