Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs IOM.
catch can install help needed

as the title says i need help with the catch can install.
what i need is to know how you take the factory hose off of the engines pcv system and the same small hose off of the factory in take manifold. how do you take these connections off with out braking them off? i have the elite 2 catch can and the car is a ls3. thanks for all the help.
WILDRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
If you do a forum search there are a few write ups with pics. I installed an rx can on mine and if the installation is similar then the fittings are not removed but you cut the actual OEM line and then plumb your system into the existing line. I left around 6 inches of OEM hose on each fitting and then plugged the two hoses from my catch can into the sections left on the two fittings
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
The V8 and V6 setup is different when it comes to installing a catch can!! Like he said do a forum search for the V8.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

my problem isnt the install ... thats pretty cut and dry there. my problem is that i dont know how to get the factory lines to disconnect. and i dont want to brake them. so any help with telling me how to do this would be great. thanks guys this place rocks
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
I don't think you can remove the factory line. I know you can do a quarter turn on one and it pops out, but I still had to cut both ends. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christok View Post
If you do a forum search there are a few write ups with pics. I installed an rx can on mine and if the installation is similar then the fittings are not removed but you cut the actual OEM line and then plumb your system into the existing line. I left around 6 inches of OEM hose on each fitting and then plugged the two hoses from my catch can into the sections left on the two fittings
This is exactly what I did, I just cut the OEM hose and plumbed the new hose onto it so I could easily pop it off or on if needed. I have seen it done this way before and a mechanic friend of mine who works at a local shop recommended doing it this way. I thought it was a good idea.

To answer the Ops question though of how you take those fittings off... well, there is little tab on them that you have to pull back and then they just slide right off. The tab is hard to see and almost impossible to reach without disconnecting and moving away all the hoses in the way, or I have heard some people take off the throttle body to make reaching the tabs a little easier.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
Name:  WP_20140116_001.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  64.7 KB If these are the connections, you just squeeze the white ring and pull off.
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #8
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

jason thank you for the reply but thats not the one... the one i am talking about is the U shaped hose going off of the pcv to the in take manifold i dont know how to take them off with out braking them
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
Check out my video that I made where I address this U shaped connection and how to take it off. I think I explain it pretty good in the video, but let me know if it is not clear.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252256

Don't you just love this forum???

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

Ehmsea....PERFECT.... just what i was looking for my friend.. thank you for the reply and thank you for your work on the video work well done.. and like you said as well this site rocks and great people here as well.. thank you again for your help.