Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Laforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6 IOM
HELP! RS High wing spoiler?

Hey all i just put in my order for a 1LT Camaro today but i've run into a wall here with the High Wing spoiler. As i have read, you can't have it with the RS one, it just don't work.

Any one find a way around this? The only options I can think of is A) get it taken off by the dealer/body shop then patched, painted, rally stripes re-applied then install. or B) find some one with the same paint just not RS and swap lid.

Problem with "A" is its going to run up my bill even further. and "B" is the odds of a Camaro in the Ottawa erea same paint style and stripes are probly not great.

Any one find a way around this? Any one know how to get the RS spoiler left out of the build direct for the factory short of not getting the entire RS pack?

Sorry for the looooooong post.

Justin
Laforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I don't think any of us figured out how to delete the spoiler from an SS or an RS-equipped LT. GM certainly didn't make that option available via the ordering process.

If you want the high wing spoiler and the RS package, your best option is to get your LT/RS, don't install the rear stripes, then post on here to see if anyone nearby with an LS or a non-RS LT is willing to swap trunk lids. It's going to cost you a bit more since they will likely want a straight swap since they know you want the non-spoiler hole trunk lid.