Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
VexerFrog

Drives: VTX 1300c
Information Needed for Paper!!

I know this might not be the place to ask this, but would any of you know of any reliable site to get information on the cause of this trend with new cars looking like classics?? Im doing a research paper, and I check this site out for new information on the Camaro every day, but now I have pretty much hit a slump on info. If anyone is willing to give me a helping hand, that would be most appreciated. Thanks for you time.
VexerFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Are you looking for more information on the 5th. Gen or an ealier model. I'm sure there is an a lot of information on the earlier models, but as far as new information, if you don't see it here, it probably doesn't exist. Also, as I'm sure you've noticed, a lot of what's here is only speculation at this point. There's a sticky of what we know so far, but beyond that short list, we won't know for several more months.

Good luck.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexerFrog View Post
I know this might not be the place to ask this, but would any of you know of any reliable site to get information on the cause of this trend with new cars looking like classics?? Im doing a research paper, and I check this site out for new information on the Camaro every day...
Well, Ford's S197 Mustang could be hailed as the catalyst (pioneer) for the other two coming back with some retro styling, but as opposed to Mustang and Challenger; Camaro isn't really "retro". It's a fully modern designed car using subtle cues from the past generation Camaros...and they wanted to bring it back long before Ford went Retro with their car.

Other than that...if you have more specific questions, we might be able to help you further...but I don't know of any sites that would have the info you're looking for.

Welcome, btw!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexerFrog View Post
I know this might not be the place to ask this, but would any of you know of any reliable site to get information on the cause of this trend with new cars looking like classics?? Im doing a research paper, and I check this site out for new information on the Camaro every day, but now I have pretty much hit a slump on info. If anyone is willing to give me a helping hand, that would be most appreciated. Thanks for you time.
I tried to shoehorn that very subject into a final paper a few semesters ago. Trust me - pick another topic. There aren't enough scholarly sources for you to be able to do a good job or a teacher to accept it. If you are really intent on it, go to the library and thumb through back issues of car magazines.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I think that Chrysler started the trend with the Prowler back 10 years ago. If anything, I'd their marketing department for info. Ask GM and Ford the same thing. I don't know how helpful they will be but its at least a start.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
VexerFrog

Drives: VTX 1300c
Cool. Thanks for pointing me into some new directions....
VexerFrog is offline   Reply With Quote