Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Guys! Be careful where you park! Even if you park right!

A fellow G8 owner got his door dented...and he did everything right...but there are still stupid people who care less for others property...be careful where you park!!

Quote:
Heres my rant,

I know every square inch of my car and had NO dents at all. I park in a parking garage at work on the very end spot with the car as far from the next spot as possible, right on the yellow line. I come out of work to find some piece of shit fan practically parked sideways about 2 ft from my driver side passenger door. The van has scratches and dents all over it. Sure enough I look and see a nice dent right below the window where the G8 body lines are. I look at his door and measure and see it would exactly smash into my car when this piece of garbage got out of his trash. I had a fellow co-worker come over and take a look and she noticed it also. I borrow a pen from a BMW owner who came over and looked at it. They all saw it and all saw how terrible this jackass parked. I left a note on his windshield telling him "Learn to park. I took a picture of your license plate since you dented my car door by your inability to park." I was going to wait for him/her but who knows how long I would have waited for.

When I got home I noticed paint missing also. That was it. Tomorrow I am writing a long note telling this shit head to call me or I will be going through insurance companies. I took 12 pictures with my cell phone to show how he parked, where I was parked, how far the car was over the line and where his door would meet mine. To avoid beating the shit out of this person I will leave a note with my phone number and give them the option to either pay for the repair or I will go through insurance.

There is NO reason why anyone has to be a moron. I know you don't give 2 shits about your car but dont **** up everyone else's car. I guess I am wondering if I even have a case or anything or I am just wasting my time. I am beyond pissed off right now as you can probably tell
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22116

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
That blows!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
What a dick.. Luckily the G8 guy kept his cool and did do everything right. Can't wait to see how far this goes.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
I freakin' hate parking garages...they make those parking spots tiny so they can squeeze in as many cars as possible. And to make it worse you have jackasses like this guy.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Killer Bee

Drives: 2SS/RS, IOM/IOM Interior, SR
I hear you. I had my brand new Lexus for only 1 day when I parked it at a place away from other cars on the corner of the lot. As I return to my vehicle I see some idiot cut the corner too close to my car and scuffed the rear bumper to the tune of $800! I hate people.

2SS/RS, IOM/IOM, LS3, Sunroof, Carbon Fiber Hood & Rear Spoiler,
Ram Air, Electric Cutouts & Megan Fox in the Passenger Seat

9/10/09: Delivered!

Last edited by Killer Bee; 08-25-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: grammar
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
My Camaro is at the body show now for the same thing. It happened at work, made a security report and got in touch with the car's owner. After some discussion and prodding she did the right thing and cut me a check for the damage.

Body shop said they can remove the dent paintless and polish the scratch out. I pick my car up in an hour.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote