Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Lightbulb DO YOUR PART TO LOWER OIL PRICES

This week President Bush removed the Presidential bans on drilling in Alaska, offshore and in the Colorado/Wyoming Rocky Mountains and told congress to get off their coleective butts and do the same. Oil has started dropping as well. If we all ban together and tell congress we are tired of their do nothing strategies maybe we can get them to start drilling in the short run while we are still developing other technologies and save America. You can follow the link below and help the majority of Americans accomplish this. I beleive they have has almost 2 million people already join.

http://www.drillheredrillnow.com/?gc...FRIkxwodog4oJA

Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Another one of "these" threads...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Another one of "these" threads...
You might look at it that way...

However, he has a point. Whatever game is being played, when Bush released the presidential moratorium, oil prices dived. Letting them drill can't exactly do any harm. And if it lowers energy costs like proponents say it will, then it'll give the country some breathing room to develop alternatives more quickly/easily. (I only wish that part was expressed clearly on that petition site...)

I signed it, because I believe this is a step that must be taken. But if the American people or energy companies lose site of the ultimate goal because of this...I'm gonna curse the day we removed the ban.:(
Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Nickdago

I believe we are way past ignoring that we need to develop alternative energy sources into the future. I personally can not wait until I have my own personal little "Mr Fusion" powering my home and cars, but until that time we still need to be realistic. While we need to continue our quest for energy sources outside of oil there is no reason to destroy America in the meantime with oil that is overvalued and a supply that in the short run needs to be increased..

There is one thing for sure, if we do not in the short run start replacing oil supplies to carry us over the next 10 to 30 years prices will soar beyond our wildest imagination. So lets be smart and realize that we need it all right now and to deny that just does not make any sense.

So put your partisan opinions to the side and lets just do what is needed for America and Americans. We all know with the people we have working on this we will have technologies in the next 30 years that will make it seem like we just stepped into a Star Trek movie, but until then our National Security and our economy ( as well as our Camaros and Corvettes) are far to much at risk to think that we can weather this in the meantime without drilling for natural gas and oil right now.

Last edited by Nickdago; 07-17-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
If congress doesn't do something with this before the break, I will vote against every one of the incumbents in my state. Just to get some new blood in there. Rep or Dem I don't care anymore.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Nickdago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You might look at it that way...

However, he has a point. Whatever game is being played, when Bush released the presidential moratorium, oil prices dived. Letting them drill can't exactly do any harm. And if it lowers energy costs like proponents say it will, then it'll give the country some breathing room to develop alternatives more quickly/easily. (I only wish that part was expressed clearly on that petition site...)

I signed it, because I believe this is a step that must be taken. But if the American people or energy companies lose site of the ultimate goal because of this...I'm gonna curse the day we removed the ban.:(
And Oil Prices are down over 15.00 a barrel since Bush told congress to DRILL

Last edited by Nickdago; 07-17-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
Nickdago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
If congress doesn't do something with this before the break, I will vote against every one of the incumbents in my state. Just to get some new blood in there. Rep or Dem I don't care anymore.
Exactly my feelings. Time to put away partisan bickering and do what is best for America overall.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Signed it....thanks for the link.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
Nickdago

Just saw Donald Trump speak and he says he believes there are huge oil reserves all over the world. That even right now there are tankers full of oil with no where to go so he says. We may be seeing the oil bubble falling apart according to Trump..
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
We may be seeing the oil bubble falling apart according to Trump..
There are many who believe that just like in the 70s, (or the 90s and the Internet) the bubble will pop. However, that remains to be seen.....
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Nickdago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There are many who believe that just like in the 70s, (or the 90s and the Internet) the bubble will pop. However, that remains to be seen.....
Agree. However if congress comes out and starts drilling for oil while promoting new innovations in energy for the future at the same time there is no way speculators could possibly continue this runup in oil prices for the future. How could they possibly justify a supply/demand issue if we are doing everything possible to avoid the issue in the future and start doing it right now.

Last edited by Nickdago; 07-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
Agree. However if congress comes out and starts drilling for oil while promoting new innovations in energy for the future at the same time there is no way speculators could possibly continue this runup in oil prices for the future. How could they possibly justify a supply/demand issue if we are doing everything possible to avoid the issue in the future and start doing it right now.
+1

If we keep the press on it will continue to fall.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
I say we need this oil in the mean time. People are developing new innovative forms of energy but we need something to keep us going in the mean time dot we. I signed.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Signed. My feelings are reflected in what many have already said. Drill now, keep the oil coming, do the research on alternatives and keep us and the economy moving. Let's lead the world again.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote