Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Abygale

Drives: .
Question Question for the Lady Camaro Drivers

Okay ladies I need your advice here. I'm pretty friendly but I don't spend a lot of time looking around to see who is looking at my car, but when I see another hot car I look. Sometimes I see the driver and/or passenger of that other car looking back.

So when you see a guy or guys in another hot car (Challenger, Charger, Corvette, Stang) looking at your car and you, what do you do? Do you smile, wave, give them a thumbs up, or look away? I just don't know what the proper etiquette is here.

I don't want to come across like a Camaro snob, but I also don't want to presume that they like the car either.

There were two guys in a sharp black modified Charger R/T today checking out my car at lunch. I don't know whether to pretend I don't see them, smile at them, or give them a thumbs up for driving another cool American made car.

I guess the same goes for women driving these other cars but I rarely catch other women in those cars looking at the Camaro.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Okay ladies I need your advice here. I'm pretty friendly but I don't spend a lot of time looking around to see who is looking at my car, but when I see another hot car I look. Sometimes I see the driver and/or passenger of that other car looking back.

So when you see a guy or guys in another hot car (Challenger, Charger, Corvette, Stang) looking at your car and you, what do you do? Do you smile, wave, give them a thumbs up, or look away? I just don't know what the proper etiquette is here.

I don't want to come across like a Camaro snob, but I also don't want to presume that they like the car either.

There were two guys in a sharp black modified Charger R/T today checking out my car at lunch. I don't know whether to pretend I don't see them, smile at them, or give them a thumbs up for driving another cool American made car.

I guess the same goes for women driving these other cars but I rarely catch other women in those cars looking at the Camaro.
Not a lady but i'll chime in from a guys perspective. It might depend on if you wanna come across as flirtacious. I know if I had a hot girl in a Camaro waving or smiling at me in my car i'd be like hell yea! lol but at the same time you might not want some guy to start following you cuz he thought you were flirting with him lol

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
I usually wave, say hi, or chat. There was one classic moment, but not posting here, lol!

However, the other day, I saw a beautiful red 2010 about to merge ahead of me, very sweet car, and then all of a sudden, he just merged into my lane and I had to quickly get out to the way. I then rode along side of him, he smiled, I smiled, and then I told him, "Nice car, now learn how to drive the f*$ing thing"! Yes, I am the biatch in the blue car!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Well, you're a friendly person...so if something catches your eye and the driver of the other car is looking at you, nothing wrong with giving a little wave!

I don't personally think it has to do with flirting, just being friendly. Heck, I do it in my Impala! LOL
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Yeah if you smile at a dude and wave or something it might be either flurtacious or teasing. Either way you can do it anyways if I pull up to the side of you. Just stick with a gold old fashion thumbs up if you think they have a nice car. Then we'll know you mean nice car, and not "hey hun how you doing".
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
I usually wave, say hi, or chat. There was one classic moment, but not posting here, lol!

However, the other day, I saw a beautiful red 2010 about to merge ahead of me, very sweet car, and then all of a sudden, he just merged into my lane and I had to quickly get out to the way. I then rode along side of him, he smiled, I smiled, and then I told him, "Nice car, now learn how to drive the f*$ing thing"! Yes, I am the biatch in the blue car!
Can't wait to hear that story! I know you'll tell me while we're in Oshawa.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Can't wait to hear that story! I know you'll tell me while we're in Oshawa.
Yes, with shots!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Abygale

Actually I appreciate the guys perspective on this too, because yes, I don't want them to think I'm flirting, but I also don't want them to think I'm some stuck up snob that was too good to appreciate another hot car. Hence why I'm asking for the feedback. I have a personalized tag as well so yes, I would be very easy to track down if someone decided they wanted to do that.

Right now I just sort of stay to myself unless they initiate conversation or they wave first.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Also from a guy's perspective:

A thumbs-up would probably work just fine in that it shows you're acknowledging my car, not hoping to jump my bones.

If, in fact the latter is true, then try a smile and wave.

Just a wave with no smile would probably say to me "I see you checking me out- now point your eyes at someone else jack@ss"

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Abygale

CCC I really want to hear that story too

It's interesting that the guys would read a smile or a wave from a pretty girl as flirtatious yet the ladies see it as being friendly and not stuck up!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
ssgirl89

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro V8 2SS, Black
i always wave or some kind of hand signal to other camaro drivers that i see. i think it shows respect and a sense of bonding between all of us. i get some people who are snobs and do nothing back, but others seem to communicate back to me. in terms of seeing other types of sports cars, i usually get the sense that they want to race. which in this case, its on. but, if they're nice and give any kind of signal of liking or respect for my car, im totally down to do something back at them.
ssgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Had a guy in a van next to me (driver's side) the other day at the traffic light. The van was just slightly ahead of my car, so I could see him eye balling the car out of the corner of my eye. So, I finally looked over and gave a quick smile. If they're yelling and acting like total a$$holes I pay them no attention.

Now if they pull up in Camaro I have to give a shout out!!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

It's interesting that the guys would read a smile or a wave from a pretty girl as flirtatious yet the ladies see it as being friendly and not stuck up!
It's true. Utter chaos and confusion ensure. Guess that's life

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:

That game has been playing since the stone age

But yeah, if you want to acknowledge a respectable ride, thumbs up. If you wanna be friendly or more a nice smile is always appreciated by the brethren

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote