View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro IOM
Send a message via AIM to PieManMighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I would love to put these on mine, but I do not want to take the nose off.
The nose is really not that hard to take off.... yea it's slightly tough to get to the bolts up under the fender, but with the right tools you're fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You don't have to take the nose off. You can add the HID kit in about 30 min without removing anything but the factory bulbs. The fogs take a little longer and even though removal of the front nose would give you the ultimate accessibility you can get to them fairly easy but removing some of the screws on the inner fender well, pull back the fender well, and remove the fogs from there.

Since you have an RS then you already have HID headlights. If you wanted 8000k lights instead of 4300k lights I would bet you would just have to change the bulbs out. However you would need to talk to someone like AAC or BfXenon to answer that.

Your fogs on the RS on the otherhand are halogen but you can replace those if you want. AAC and other places sell the replacement bulb that should match your factory 4300k HID lights just fine.

The 5202 fog light bulbs that were used would look just fine on 4300k. Anything above that and they don't match IMO.
I took the nose off because I'm also putting Halo's in so it did require taking the whole front end off to get the headlight housing out
PieManMighty is offline   Reply With Quote