Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
mykel20

Drives: 2010
The XM radio - a couple questions

Guys,

I had Sirius Sportster 5 for the car, but when I bought my camaro it obviviously comes with XM and that's all well and good. But the main question I had was is there a way to save bands and songs like the Sirius?

In other words, when say Springsteen would come on, or one of my new favorites - Avenged Sevenfold comes on, you could hit a button and it would save and store the band. Maybe later in the day, I'm listening to Bluesville and a Sevenfold song would come on, it would alert me to it and I can just hit the button and it would jump to that station - like Octane or faction.

Also is there a better menu system. When I'm scanning through the channels I get to the college channels and it just says ACC or SEC - is there anyway to find what game is where? On sirius you could scan through and see what games were where. This comes in big during NFL broadcasts when they stick a game on say the America left channel and you don't know it because it says ... America Left.

Thanks a bunch
mykel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
kd4hey
Motorhead Wannabe

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99) RJT
Send a message via Skype™ to kd4hey
Those a re features of the Sportster (has nothing to do with which service you're on). To my knowledge such features were not built into our radio, (bummer).

I have an add-on XM radio in my Kia & it features some of the menu items you mentioned, but I rarely use them. I live on Classic Rewind (until Springsteen comes on, he must own 52% stock in XM to get so much play time).

Not the answer you want to hear, sorry. You could always install your Sportster in the Camaro. I'm considering going back to Sirrius after my sub runs out.

2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT VIN# 116938 Del: 27AUG2010 "Veronica" is a wet dream on wheels!
Former Ride: 2010 1LT RJT 15AUG2009 - 27AUG2010 "Victoria" was one fine lady! CamaroSouth - Columbia Chapter Member
kd4hey is offline   Reply With Quote