Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Whats better looking, production or concept Camaro?
Production Camaro 102 62.96%
Concept Camaro 60 37.04%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2008, 05:56 AM   #43
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My vote went for the concept.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #44
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Since I've only had pictures to guide my judgement I voted production. I'm very happy with the final version and glad to end the guessing game on appearance.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #45
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i'm surprised the production is actually winning though......
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #46
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
reverse lights, sleeker mirrors, fuel filler cap are better on the concept.

Otherwise I can't tell the difference besides the rims. I'd prefer those three on the concept more, but I'm sure as hell not deterred from buying one.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #47
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
Me too. Just saw the car in Motor Trend and am not impressed. I went from having to have a Camaro to I better wait and see just how different this really is from the Concept.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #48
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
Me too. Just saw the car in Motor Trend and am not impressed. I went from having to have a Camaro to I better wait and see just how different this really is from the Concept.
i noticed the pictures in motor trend looked worse than the internet photos which seemed to look clearer
Old 07-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Despite any minimal, or even nonexistant-but-percieved differences; the Production car looks more real, it looks finished. The concept to me, though (like TAG said) unequivically beautiful, has a distant feeling to it...

I'm not surprised at the poll results, but I AM pleased with them.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #50
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Despite any minimal, or even nonexistant-but-percieved differences; the Production car looks more real, it looks finished. The concept to me, though (like TAG said) unequivically beautiful, has a distant feeling to it...

its also a really crappy picture of the concept on the first page...i'm sure if a posted multiple angles that the voters would be swayed differently

i still believe from the front the production is improved but the side and rear are much better on the concept...also the proportions of the concept are much more aggressive and prettier...

the production is great but come on of course the 2.5 million dollar car looks better ...

i seriously believe the photos on the first page are not telling the whole story or most people are just really happy the production looks a lot like the concept
Old 07-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #51
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
If a picture of the rear was also shown in the first page, people might have voted differently..lol.. Like I said before, I am still getting a camaro and GM did a beautiful job with the production vehicle. Now all we need are many more pictures of the car with different color's. I'd like to see Imperial Blue and Cyber Grey personally before making any decisions on ordering. However at this point, if I can order one without seeing it, I'd have to go with Imperial Blue and Cyber Grey stripes if and only if the stripes are painted from factory...
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #52
chevydude26

I mean look at the sexiness of this...its just clean...the prodcution isn't as clean for understandable reasons

Last edited by chevydude26; 07-27-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #53
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
I mean look at the sexiness of this...its just clean...the prodcution isn't as clean for understandable reasons

Exactly... Once you see the concept in an autoshow, the lines are literally perfect. You can see the spaces around the hood and in the rear in comparison which is normal for any production vehicle. Overall the look of the production does capture the spirit of the concept and thinking about being able to drive one in the next year makes me very happy. chevydude26, just post a link to the picture...
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #54
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

It is not minimal nor is it percieved, it is real. The question now is do you still like the production car as much as the concept. For me the answer is not at all, but I am sure some of you might like it just as well or better. And some seem ready to buy no matter what, true loyalists I would assume. My thing is I was in love with the concept and the production car falls short, so I will just wait, maybe the second version or the Z28 model will be different. All the things that attracted me to the concept have been changed on the production car and they are real changes not perceptions.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #55
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I prefer the production model on the fact that I will actually get to have and drive my own with all the options I want in it . Seriously though, somebody said earlier that the production model looks more finished. I agree with that statement. Sure I would have loved a true hardtop, a fuel filler door on the top of the quarter panel, and afterburner taillights, but I feel that GM did a fine job executing these necessary changes in an asthetically pleasing and functional manner. Also I really like the turn signals on the inside of the headlights. To me it makes the whole front end look more proportionate. Interiorwise once again the production model gets my vote as well due to functionality. One last thing:

LS3 > LS2
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #56
chevydude26

here is the production rear for comparison

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...76&idg=1&idi=2