Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #15
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
Camaro Turn Signals

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at the execution of the front turn signals in the grill area. it makes total sense. i hadn't realized how nonfunctional the concept signals would have been had they been carried to production. very poor sight if you're looking at the car from an angle...of course at that point you should be able to see the front side marker signals...but I'm actually digging the traditional sig placement over the concept.

anyone else agree? or do you hate the new placement?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
yep im with
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #17
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
what would be the point of them cut out anyway cooling the tires off i want them hot and sticky anyway . worrying about stuff like that makes me wanna :bangdesk:
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkitt View Post
I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at the execution of the front turn signals in the grill area. it makes total sense. i hadn't realized how nonfunctional the concept signals would have been had they been carried to production. very poor sight if you're looking at the car from an angle...of course at that point you should be able to see the front side marker signals...but I'm actually digging the traditional sig placement over the concept.

anyone else agree? or do you hate the new placement?
merged
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:18 AM   #19
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
They weren't cut out back in the day of the first gens. They aren't cut out now. Big deal. If you dont' want to cut them out, an alternative is getting black vinyl stickers for them. You achieve the look without cutting the body.
A ricer told me that adding those stickers ads another 15HP...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 AM   #20
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
A ricer told me that adding those stickers ads another 15HP...
LOL
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 AM   #21
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
15? maybe per side. At least if you get the ones made by the same company that make the powered by hondacura ones.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGamaro View Post
I don't know about you all, but apart from the fact that the rear air slots aren't cut out, the hood scoop isn't functional and the different bumpers my only real gripe would be the placement of the blinkers shown on the concept and the ones on the production model. The ones on the concept made the fascia look so much badass I think, but bringing them to the inside of the grill well to me the front doesn't look as wide as it used to i.e. I don't like it!..BUT the rest of the vehicle is tits what do you all think or did someone beat me to it a long time ago
Before cutting the slots you need to know what is behind them, are you cutting into an area that will open up a path to the interior, maybe not directly but through other paths? how about trapping water inside the fender causing a possible rust out problem... Just cutting them out will probably void your rust through warrenty.. So be careful of what you cut out on your car's body. Know the structure under it before proceding.

Now the lights. The production were moved probably for two reasons, 1 would be regulations, they HAVE a specific size they need to be to meet govermnemt standards, same with the taillights and side markers lights, that is why you do not see tiny lights or turn signals any more on cars.
Another reason is visibility, they need to be able to be seen from a wide angle and with the headlight on, if they were in the concept position more than likely the glare for the headlights at night would obstruct the light from the signal lights.