Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #16
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Blahhh autoblog writers are by-ass'd tricks!!!!!!!!!!
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #17
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
we have Dale Earnhardt Jr

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #18
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Crowley,

Don't make me use this :slapacrossroomsmi...:

I would take the 600hp Viper engine over the LS7 though ... If it were on looks alone, Camaro hands down ... but something about the V10 in a muscle car ...

Anyway .. competition is GOOD all

Crowley
Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #19
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Just so you know:

Dodge Challenger SRT 10 Concept

In the rear, a five-link independent suspension (IRS) with 20 percent stiffer spring rates and a larger rear sway bar offers a better ride by allowing for independent tuning of ride and handling characteristics.

All the new Challenger models have IRS.
My fault I just assumed they stuck a bigger motor in the SRT8. I havent really followed the chally much and the salesman at my local dealer told me it was a solid rear in the SRT8.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #20
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well I held that knowledge all of about two days before you did. I had just read the article about them in the new MOTOR TREND and hadn't realized it myself 'til then.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #21
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
I think the LS7 car should have won based soley on the fact that any monke with a wrench could build it. I doubt tht V10 car is nearly as "bolt-on" as the LS7.

The race car vote was spot on.

I also think the Black Challenger is a better looking car than the Black Camaro. The stripes are way better looking than just a black hood, the wheels are loads better in every way, and yeah - it's a V8. Sorry guys, but that vote was spot on, too.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #22
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I also must agree with the extra props going to the black Challenger for having the V8. While I know that the vast majority of Camaro sales will be V6s, it just doesn't make much sense to me that it is used as their showcase car which is being directly compared to the best of the best from all the manufacturers.

It's like Ferrari coming out with a really awesome V12 powered muscle car, but when they take it to the car shows they showcase a 4 banger. I know that analogy is very extreme, but it shows how I feel.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #23
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
My fault I just assumed they stuck a bigger motor in the SRT8. I havent really followed the chally much and the salesman at my local dealer told me it was a solid rear in the SRT8.
The salesman you talked to was an idiot. That's all I can say the SRT8 does have IRS, I think it's been mentioned here before in many threads don't trust salesmen.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitman View Post
I also must agree with the extra props going to the black Challenger for having the V8. While I know that the vast majority of Camaro sales will be V6s, it just doesn't make much sense to me that it is used as their showcase car which is being directly compared to the best of the best from all the manufacturers.
It's an example of their commitment to the V6 Camaro as a legitimate car in the Camaro lineup this time around. No more brushing it aside as "the lower model". A V6 Camaro and a V8 Camaro have one thing in common: they're both: they both look badass, and they're both CAMAROS. So they're sharing the limelight this generation.

I'm glad their doing it, frankly. The way I look at it, is not that the other guy's entries are better...but that they HAVE to enter the higher models. The other manufacturers can't say much about their base cars because for all intents and purposes, they are afterthoughts.

Still...this vs. is kinda goofy considering almost all of them are concepts.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
dead wrong on all accounts... that small block v8 has trounced the viper before with 100hp less in the vette vs the viper several times... and now in a car that is 100-250lbs maybe lighter than the chally... there is no competition there the LS7 would HOUSE the srt 10 here... the GS racer was spot on. and i agree with Dragoneye here the V6 the camaro has is BAD ASS!!! 300hp out of a V6 with no FI on it? how many times has that happened? i like the commitment to the V6 this time around and the wide range of accessories that Gm offers at the get go. sorry guys Dodge missed the boat on this one honestly... and one last thing... did anyone else think the dodge just looked too... beefy/fat/like a whale? kinda the impression i got... kinda like that car you drive but you don't tell your friends about
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
dead wrong on all accounts... that small block v8 has trounced the viper before with 100hp less in the vette vs the viper several times... and now in a car that is 100-250lbs maybe lighter than the chally... there is no competition there the LS7 would HOUSE the srt 10 here... the GS racer was spot on. and i agree with Dragoneye here the V6 the camaro has is BAD ASS!!! 300hp out of a V6 with no FI on it? how many times has that happened? i like the commitment to the V6 this time around and the wide range of accessories that Gm offers at the get go. sorry guys Dodge missed the boat on this one honestly... and one last thing... did anyone else think the dodge just looked too... beefy/fat/like a whale? kinda the impression i got... kinda like that car you drive but you don't tell your friends about

Respectable comments on why they are showcasing the V6 model more this time around. I guess I am just too partial to the V8 because ever since I can remember, Camaro to me has meant V8. It's all anyone in my family has ever owned.

While I don't like the looks of the Challenger nearly as much as the Camaro, I must admit that the Challenger SRT-8 is one BA looking car. A guy I work with has an orange SRT-8 with a carbon fiber like hood stripe and "reverse" hockey strips going over the real wheel wells, and it is one fine looking car.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #27
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
A set of 22"s beat the entire BLACK Camaro? Please. The reason for the BLACK being V6 is because GM is trying to advertise it as their cheaper tuner Camaro. With all the possibilities behind Direct Injection, I have to agree.

I love how the only thing AutoBlog writers can do properly here is basic math. They know for a fact that 10 is larger than 8, and their fingers dont go that high but they are pretty sure 550 is smaller than 600. Challenger wins!

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I love how the only thing AutoBlog writers can do properly here is basic math. They know for a fact that 10 is larger than 8, and their fingers dont go that high but they are pretty sure 550 is smaller than 600. Challenger wins!
Well...then how come they don't know that 78.5 is higher than 71.4? That's the hp per liter in the LS7, and V10...something tells me one is more potent than the other.

And the LS7 will probably be a touch under 4000lbs due to the dry-dump oil systems, etc. Afterall, the LS7 isn't much bigger/heavier than the LS3. Whereas a V10's block and supporting mods will probably not help the Challenger's already hefty weight...I'd guess it's a 4300lb car at least. 50hp isn't enough to fix that.

LS7 wins, autoblog. Try again...