Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
How do you wire the AAC Afterburners?

I did not get instructions for what ever reason and do not want to wait until Monday to call / finish.

Anyone able to help?

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Hope this helps. Been trying to get pics. Now, this is for the LED version, not the CCFL.

On the driver side. Splice into the Black/White wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive)
Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black Afterburner wire. (ground)

Passenger side. Splice into the Purple wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive) Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black afterburner wire. (ground)

You run both afterburner lights together into on splice. Example 2 Red afterburner leads into 1 Black/White wire on Driver's side. And so on. I used T-Taps from Auto Zone (they are blue I believe 18 Gauge connectors).

Hope you have no problems. Pics keep coming out blurry and when I try to crop them or zoom in, they are unrecognizable. Best of luck! Lets see them on the site when you're finished!

I was going to get pics of this, but work hasn't stopped! Remember, TEST your lights before you get them into the housings! Would suck to seal everything up to find out you've got a problem.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
They are very easy to install, installed mine myself. Did you get them hooked up?

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro IOM
Send a message via AIM to PieManMighty
I didn't get any directions as far as wiring with my afterburners either.... I watched the installation video multiple times and seem to have it down, but I haven't installed them yet because I don't have any directions on the wiring. I need a video or pics....
PieManMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Pumpkin1LT

PM me your email address and I will forward the PDF directions.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Sent
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
Pumpkin1LT

Sorry PieMan.. Can't find the file..but I can send you photos of the set up..it's super easy. Or you can contact Justin at AAC and he will get the PDF to you. He's pretty prompt about sending it. Truely Sorry man! Thought I still had it.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Check this post here has the link to the Install PDF:

HERE
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
Check this post here has the link to the Install PDF:

HERE
Thanks dude, Huge Help!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Pumpkin1LT

Guess I dint have to send you those pics Pieman! Hope you get them installed easily!! And post dome pics up when your done!! . I have the CCFL tubes and I believe there is abit more wiring for this versus the LED version.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Just finished up installing the Afterburners from AAC and Smoked Taillight covers from HeadLight Armor. It was quite time consuming and took some TLC, but I think they came out pretty good. The pictures were taken with my IPhone so the quality isn't the greatest, but still good. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Pumpkin1LT

Really nice job! Now you gotta paint those bezels black! If you like that, that is.

In that last picture, are your light on!? I want to know how you wired it to get your afterburners to stand out so well. Mine don't do that...

Old 06-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hope this helps. Been trying to get pics. Now, this is for the LED version, not the CCFL.

On the driver side. Splice into the Black/White wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive)
Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black Afterburner wire. (ground)

Passenger side. Splice into the Purple wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive) Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black afterburner wire. (ground)

You run both afterburner lights together into on splice. Example 2 Red afterburner leads into 1 Black/White wire on Driver's side. And so on. I used T-Taps from Auto Zone (they are blue I believe 18 Gauge connectors).

Hope you have no problems. Pics keep coming out blurry and when I try to crop them or zoom in, they are unrecognizable. Best of luck! Lets see them on the site when you're finished!

I was going to get pics of this, but work hasn't stopped! Remember, TEST your lights before you get them into the housings! Would suck to seal everything up to find out you've got a problem.
HMMMM

On the passenger side I have black, green (with white strip) and Brown (with white strip) and the drivers side - black, yellow (with white strip) and purple.

The AAC lights have solid black (ground I would assume) and solid red only.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Would it be different wiring since I don't have RS taillights?????

And Pumpkin, your lights still aren't right? Like Pie's picture, that's all you should see is the afterburner loop. I still don't understand how yours ended up not working when you clipped the tab on the bulb.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote