Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It's not a crisis if this is part of your normally established life patterns and have not been recently depressed. I have had several Camaros and nearly all of my cars have been sports cars. This car will be a normal continuation of that life style. I will be offended if someone looks at my new Camaro and asks or states that I am having a mid-life crisis. The opposite from being depressed and looking for a pick me up, I have been fired up about a newly designed car with a classic name and far more horsepower than I have ever had before.

No crisis here. Way too many people yelling crisis these days anyways
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
well i got.....

most of you beat ill be 60 in march. I know Im probably to old for this car but it will be the last thing i ever buy for myself. My very first car an the only other new car ive ever owned was a 1969 rally sport camaro--i got it less than a day from coming back from vietnam. 6900 cash right off the showroom floor. now ill have my second new car ----my parents have died --my wife has died--i want that feeling of youth nd freedom again before I die.

it will mean alot to me to just get on the road again and reminess about my life. i an sooooooooooo looking forwars to this car. I love this car --I love to drive---and damn it 60 or not Ill have this car!!

everyone can have a good laugh.. but ill be smiling all the way down the road
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
oldtransam

Drives: Some old Firechickens
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
most of you beat ill be 60 in march. I know Im probably to old for this car but it will be the last thing i ever buy for myself. My very first car an the only other new car ive ever owned was a 1969 rally sport camaro--i got it less than a day from coming back from vietnam. 6900 cash right off the showroom floor.
$6900.....?

What, was it a ZL1...

Or just a case of CRS?
oldtransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
I'm 45 and I sometimes wonder myself but then I realize I would have been this way when I was younger if I'd had the money. I still feel like a fifteen year old on the inside and I still love anything with a motor! Nice toy's by the way.
+1 I've been told it was a mid life thing, but I've wanted a 68' Camaro forever and this one is a classic already.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up ALAS! I'll

be 60 in May! :( I hope they make the SS I want before I'm 61 but I don't think so.
Right now we have my 2000 TT SS
2006 C6
2005 Colorado
Daytona Sunset Orange 06 C6 Waiting for C7
2005 Sunset Orange Colorado Replaced with 2010 GMC Sierra SLE
fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #20
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Dude you need a check up! Lol thats what I get told, I'll be 50 this year also.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #21
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I will be 46 next month, raised two boys and did all the family stuff. Now it it time for another toy...I owned three Camaros in my youth....and I miss the shit eating grin from stomping down on the go pedal in a cool car.

You only live once, and we are past the halfway point. Lets make the rest count!
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
gen5-ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Smile Gramp's Camaro

I ordered a 2SS/RS/6M and I'm 67 years young! I have no idea what a mid life crisis is as apparently I haven't reached that age yet. I have owned a 57 Chev. convertible, a 61 Corvette, and currently own a 25th Anniversary 78 Vette. I love classic vehicles and that is what prompted me to order the 2010 Camaro.
Hang in there as it only gets better with a little age!
gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I don't believe in a midlife crisis. If you can afford toys then you have every right to buy yourself some F'n toys...
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
It's not a crisis if this is part of your normally established life patterns and have not been recently depressed. I have had several Camaros and nearly all of my cars have been sports cars. This car will be a normal continuation of that life style.

No crisis here. Way too many people yelling crisis these days anyways
I'm in the same boat as lakestar - 53 years old, but for me it's simply a continuation of what I've done all my life. Since 1980, I've owned nothing but Camaro Z28s and Mustang GTs. 3 of each. Knowing this however, even my family members mentioned "mid-life crisis" when I got my '05 Mustang at age 49. I asked how they could say that when I was just replacing one Mustang with another, and my brother-in-law said, "but look at the color! How many 49 year old guys buy a bright yellow sports car?" Gotta admit, he had a point.

The yellow car has its pros and cons, and there are some days I wish it were a little more subtle. But despite that, I'm thinking of going with a 2SS in Rally Yellow with the CGM stripes, so I guess I'm going to hear it again from the family.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #25
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
This was my realization in '04 when I bought my GTO (since totalled) just a few days after my 40th b-day -- it wasn't that I woke one day with the desire for a sexy car or whatever, it was that I realized I could afford one (and could have for years, had it dawned on me sooner that I was no longer a broke kid...) When people made "crisis"-related comments, I just told them that I was using it as an excuse to get something I wanted for a change!

Of course, after the GTO, I was completely hooked on torque. Now if I can just get past the mullet legacy of the Camaro... :(
LMAO on the mullet! Just hearing the word makes me laugh. I go to a bike rally in Arkansas every year and the Mullet is considered the state bird.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #26
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
+1 I've been told it was a mid life thing, but I've wanted a 68' Camaro forever and this one is a classic already.
You know, as long as we've been waiting its starting to feel like a classic.

I was just thinking about spring almost being here, I never realized I lose almost 6 months a year to bad weather. :( I have got to get an address closer to yours before I get much older.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Smile

Mid-life crisis? No way. I'll be 46 this year, and this is the first new American car to come down the pike in many years that I felt "was it." I have owned 2 Chevelles in my younger days and always wanted a Corvette or a 69 Camaro. This Camaro is the car I have been waiting for and I am going to enjoy it. Hey Leatherneck, thank you and God bless.
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #28
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Even old farts need dependable transportation.
If you live in hilly country you need the V8, and your reaction times are slower, so you need big brakes.
If your bones are deteriorating, consider a roll bar...Just in case.
Because your reaction time is slower, you need all the help you can get avoiding kittens in the road, the FE3 suspension is the logical choice

The SS is a good car for the elderly.

<you after your cataract surgery
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote