Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
Jram1588

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro / 2007 GSXR
I live in Florida and I have my Camaro and my bike and love them both. I'd say go for the bike. Nothing like riding your bike along the beach with a hot chick on the back in a bikini. It's fun to switch it up every once in awhile and being able to have that option if you're in the mood. Bike's offer a different feel than cars do, I love the rush.
Jram1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
ZL1 or atleast a better brand of a crotch-rocket. And this is coming from a person that already owns a kawasaki.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Go with an SS and mod the heck out of it. You'll get more respect with a car that can smoke a Ninja then you would the bike itself.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
MiSTER

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Camaro, 1988 6.6L IROC
I personally couldn't give up both my bikes when I bought my 2SS (my street bike and dedicated track bike) and didn't. For myself, my 2SS and all the other sports/muscle cars I've had still can't replace the feeling of being on a sportbike. As nice as I'm sure the ZL1 will be, you already have your SS. You can always build that up...
MiSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #33
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Drives: 2011 Summit IOM 2SS RS M6
Quick Question...have you ever ridden a bike before? If so you either have the itch to ride still or you don't. I for one have been riding street bikes for 6 years now and could never give it up. I just bought myself a 2SS and am still considering another bike! A car will never fill the same gap a bike does, at least not for me. Just be smart and ride safe. ATGATT. Plus I agree that the SS already gives you that amazing Camaro style!
RavenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Buy you a good used bike, then put a Maggie on your SS, then bam, you have both!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #35
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
If you have lived in South Florida for any length of time, then I am sure you have seen your share of motorcycle accidents or heard about them on the news. FHP is really cracking down on the speeding crotchrockets on Thurs. Fri. and Sat. nights. But between the older drivers (me) whose eyesight is not as good as it used to be and tourists looking for addresses or GPS units, motorcycles are the last thing on their minds. Down here I prefer to have the protection of a car all around me when I am driving around. For me it is a ZL1 or a tank.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #36
RayJRed

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Bro, I live in Central Florida and have rode my bike in places like Virginia Beach. I really don't think it matters much where you ride cagers don't always look out for bikers. I ride my Hayabusa here in Central Florida and won't give up riding for nothing. I ride the bike every chance I get, which is pretty much everyday. I drive the 2SS on weekends mostly and when I take the wifey out. But sometimes, she likes to go out on the bike. I think it's awesome having two toys that I really like. Go for the bike man, unless you are really into racing cars.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #37
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
then you missed my point of I could sell the SS and get a ZL-1 .... or keep the SS and get a kawasaki ninja as well ... thats the difference
get the ninja.. its faster than a zl1
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #38
need4spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSS View Post
Quick Question...have you ever ridden a bike before? If so you either have the itch to ride still or you don't. I for one have been riding street bikes for 6 years now and could never give it up. I just bought myself a 2SS and am still considering another bike! A car will never fill the same gap a bike does, at least not for me. Just be smart and ride safe. ATGATT. Plus I agree that the SS already gives you that amazing Camaro style!
that is true.. if you have been riding bikes before.. you will always have the itch to ride a bike
Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #39
need4spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Go with an SS and mod the heck out of it. You'll get more respect with a car that can smoke a Ninja then you would the bike itself.

I disagree..not even a supercharged 2ss can smoke a ninja 600
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
ZL1 or atleast a better brand of a crotch-rocket. And this is coming from a person that already owns a kawasaki.
whats wrong with a ninja like this? http://kawasaki.com/Products/Product...scid=24&id=500 .. its in my price range and looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
If you have lived in South Florida for any length of time, then I am sure you have seen your share of motorcycle accidents or heard about them on the news. FHP is really cracking down on the speeding crotchrockets on Thurs. Fri. and Sat. nights. But between the older drivers (me) whose eyesight is not as good as it used to be and tourists looking for addresses or GPS units, motorcycles are the last thing on their minds. Down here I prefer to have the protection of a car all around me when I am driving around. For me it is a ZL1 or a tank.
yes I have seen a few motorcycle accidents after being here for 2 yeras and my stomach drops everytime I do :( .. this is the only reason I am hesitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
ive been down that road and decided I dont want to void my warranty... last thing I need is a bent rod/piston/axel/driveshaft or whatnot without a warranty to cover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSS View Post
Quick Question...have you ever ridden a bike before? If so you either have the itch to ride still or you don't. I for one have been riding street bikes for 6 years now and could never give it up.
well I used to race motocross when I was an early teenager for many years... I quit when I had a bad accident as I was getting into freestyle moto-x which is quite dangerous and ive ridden a friends street bike a few times so I know how to handle a bike... I just think it would be fun to cruise in, maybe occasionally go to the front of a red traffic light?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #41
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Shoot, used sport bike are super cheap. I'd get both.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
would you rather be in the relative safety of a cage or vulnerable on a bike amongst people who according to you, "have no clue how to drive"....the answer is very clear. I don't care how good you think you are on a bike, it is the morons around you that will kill you!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote