Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #3739
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
She likes the idea of getting hers lowered so we'll probably end up with the 2WD setup.
We can lower it, raise it, bush it, bar it and I'll test drive it
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #3740
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,862
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
<=== Jealous.

(<== half-heartedly wants an Extended Cab Silverado after the Cobalt...Pedderization possible?)
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #3741
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We can lower it, raise it, bush it, bar it and I'll test drive it
I'm sure She'll go for that... but, she'll probably demand that she go with you this time.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #3742
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...
But...even after its over, both cars can enjoy a gallon of 93 together.
psh! race gas or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
:(:(:(:( ran out of popcorn waiting since last year
hmm... you ran out of popcorn waiting on something




Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Clearly.

Thank God for those guys.

However... I will say... having you there to constantly keep me in line... is well... a... uhm... blessing????




We're a few months away from getting Stacey's Tahoe... She's already approved the Pedders mods once we get it. Do you carry both 4wd and 2wd stuff?
and don't forget headers! the ones i got for my truck are great & surprisingly cheap. they work on all the GMT800s i don't have to remind you what a difference they make
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #3743
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post


and don't forget headers! the ones i got for my truck are great & surprisingly cheap. they work on all the GMT800s i don't have to remind you what a difference they make
Well... headers will be a part of the build...

THR Tahoe has a nice ring to it....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #3744
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well... headers will be a part of the build...

THR Tahoe has a nice ring to it....

5-speed swap while you're at it
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #3745
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

5-speed swap while you're at it



Radius rod bushing's installed. for such a simple mod... it really does provide a ton of feed back to the wheel...

Very cool mod.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #3746
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,862
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post



Radius rod bushing's installed. for such a simple mod... it really does provide a ton of feed back to the wheel...

Very cool mod.
I've been "coerced" into planning to do these as well ...are they really that good?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #3747
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post



Radius rod bushing's installed. for such a simple mod... it really does provide a ton of feed back to the wheel...

Very cool mod.
30 minutes, right?

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #3748
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
30 minutes, right?

Less for the first beer.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #3749
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Pedders HD Radius Rod Inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I've been "coerced" into planning to do these as well ...are they really that good?
Yeah they kinda are... I was surprised at how much more "lively" the steering wheels was...

Inputs are much more crisp. Feedback to the wheel is better. And, when the steering wheel comes back to center, it feels like there is almost a detent when the car is going straight... Not an actual detent but you can feel the steering wheels kinda come to rest more positively at dead center...

It's kinda hard to describe...

I kinda over looked them amidst all the other more "sexy" components I installed almost a year ago... But that was a mistake.. Again, this is a suspension novice talking so take it FWIW... These inserts seem to bring the feel of all the other suspension components straight to the wheel... It's pretty cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
30 minutes, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Less for the first beer.
Stupid washer fluid bottle...

Attached Images
 
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #3750
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,862
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Yeah they kinda are... I was surprised at how much more "lively" the steering wheels was...

Inputs are much more crisp. Feedback to the wheel is better. And, when the steering wheel comes back to center, it feels like there is almost a detent when the car is going straight... Not an actual detent but you can feel the steering wheels kinda come to rest more positively at dead center...

It's kinda hard to describe...

I kinda over looked them amidst all the other more "sexy" components I installed almost a year ago... But that was a mistake.. Again, this is a suspension novice talking so take it FWIW... These inserts seem to bring the feel of all the other suspension components straight to the wheel... It's pretty cool...
Neat!!

And the Suspension Novice part is what makes your thoughts all the more valuable to me!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #3751
Redemption
Just Because!
 
Redemption's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 6,909
I think that's a good explanation. They also eliminate any delay when turning the wheel. It's snappier, instant response.


Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
__________________
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #3752
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post



Radius rod bushing's installed. for such a simple mod... it really does provide a ton of feed back to the wheel...

Very cool mod.


It's actually DONE?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I've been "coerced" into planning to do these as well ...are they really that good?
Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
I think that's a good explanation. They also eliminate any delay when turning the wheel. It's snappier, instant response.


Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
gta has no internets, gta needs glasses, is there a car here?, mrs. gtahvit > gtahvit, they stay on the mantle, weak car needs more power

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 54420 03-04-2016 12:07 PM
Build from Scratch The_Blur Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 04-23-2010 09:39 PM
Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment.... Silverado Off-topic Discussions 2 10-08-2009 12:23 PM
Why An april build is just as good as a March build Sean_W Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 10 02-07-2009 02:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.