Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #5489
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Had a good day exceot for the not so nice spectators!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #5490
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Went to the Northwest Cruise-In car show today. Had a great time. All kinds of cars and the food at Freddy's is really good, big menu, too. Large parking lot, open covered patio area to eat, it's really got it all.

They will have a Cruise-In every Thursday from 6:00-9:00, and the third Sunday every month.

I represented the 5th Gen today and there were a couple beautiful '67's as well.

This is the perfect place for a car gig. Spacious parking lot, nice place to eat, family friendly, music playing and raffle giveaways and it's free. They held the spaces for all the participating cars with cones.

All in all, about 100 cars today.

-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #5491
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
It's 6:45 on Sunday evening. Just got home from the air show. Good time, except for the inconsiderate people who thought our cars were dealer demos. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Shayne, way to go on the picture in the paper. We have a celebrity in the group!!!
We did have beautiful weather on Sunday for the air show. It's amazing though how people get mad at you when you ask them (or their children) not to rub on your paint, or take things out of your car, or climb in your car, or remove your radiator cap, or lay on your hood...

...8 hours of dealing with 100,000 folks that don't understand car show etiquette was taxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Went to the Northwest Cruise-In car show today. Had a great time. All kinds of cars and the food at Freddy's is really good, big menu, too. Large parking lot, open covered patio area to eat, it's really got it all.

They will have a Cruise-In every Thursday from 6:00-9:00, and the third Sunday every month.

I represented the 5th Gen today and there were a couple beautiful '67's as well.

This is the perfect place for a car gig. Spacious parking lot, nice place to eat, family friendly, music playing and raffle giveaways and it's free. They held the spaces for all the participating cars with cones.

All in all, about 100 cars today.
I'll add the Freddy's events to our club calendar. We've stopped there a few times to eat. Good food, and a nice old 50's diner atmosphere. A great place just to have an evening club cruise-in. Glad their Sunday event was a such a success.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #5492
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
With the good weather comes more people, I guess we did not have it that bad in some ways. It was so windy we did not have our hoods up. Are you serios, someone tried to remove a radiator cap? Wow.

I changed my Transmission fuild yesterday, it took a little over 3 1/2 quarts of Royal Purple, I filled untill it ran out of the fill hole. Anyone with a M6, can you tell me where your transmission temp is at after driving over 30mins. I took a picture of my temp after a 30 min drive on the highway to work today.
Attached Images

FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #5493
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I wonder if we had a club sign up, the people would realize the cars are not from the dealer? I did notice not too many people looking at the mustangs. I over heard one lady tell her husband while pointing at the Camaro's "Look at the Chargers" and he agreed, he needs his man card pulled.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #5494
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I found this today, it might be usefull to someone. Its a Bluetooth engine code scanner, I guess you can use it with your android or windows phone, or a laptop. $17.46 free shipping from china, lol

http://www.tomtop.com/v1-4-mini-blue...nner-tool.html

Features:
Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light).
Display current sensor data, including:
* Engine RPM
* Calculated Load Value
* Coolant Temperature
* Fuel System Status
* Vehicle Speed
* Short Term Fuel Trim
* Long Term Fuel Trim
* Intake Manifold Pressure
* Timing Advance
* Intake Air Temperature
* Air Flow Rate
* Absolute Throttle Position
* Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
* Fuel System status
* Fuel Pressure

Specifications:
Support OBD-II protocols as follows:
* ISO15765-4 (CAN)
* ISO14230-4 (KWP2000)
* ISO9141-2
* J1850 VPW
* J1850 PWM
Dimensions: 7 * 4.5 * 2.5cm
Net weight: 43g
Total weight: 50g

Compatibility:
* Works on all OBD2 Vehicles ( from 1996 in USA) and EOBD vehicles ( Petrol cars from 2001 and diesel cars from 2003/2004 in Europe)
* Compatible with Android Torque and Windows Smartphone, Windows PC.

Packing List:
1 * ELM327 unit (Bluetooth version)
1 * CD drive
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #5495
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have a "Look but don't touch" sticker that came with my latest Summit Racing order. I'll have to use that or make a sign for cruise ins and car shows.

Two teenage boys peered into my car, which I had no problem with. They were just leaning over too far and placed their hands on the top of the door.

I am very careful to not touch other vehicles, even when pointing things out. I don't care if it's an air cleaner or the tire. You just don't touch other people's cars unless you're given permission.

It's those 3-5 year olds I get concerned about. Rope your litter in, momma. This ain't the place for youngin's to be put their sticky mitts all over someone's paint job.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #5496
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
[QUOTE=Bodih;4749157]Keep it up, and you're gonna look like ET's mothership!

Went to the Motor Trend Car Show in Albuquerque this weekend and found a custom shop, Ultimate Car & Truck Accessories, that does Oracle halo installs. Looks like more bling is in the near future for Big Sis or should I say, "Bling me up Jeffy."

The other highlight of the Auto Show was to walk out and find this parked in front of us. This is of course after we visited the car wash to clean the rain, sleet, and dust off from the trip up. Our hands were frozen when we got done (only 39 degrees at 9 AM) but we just couldn't go to the Auto Show in a dirty car!
Attached Images

Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #5497
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Troy,Got my eclipse shades today.
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #5498
STINGS
Live for On Ramps!

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2LT/RS/T.F./6M "naomi"
Gauge looks about right for how cool it was this past weekend. Have seen it get to 200 on a hot summer day! (Have the M6 with the V6, which holds just under 2 quarts.)

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
With the good weather comes more people, I guess we did not have it that bad in some ways. It was so windy we did not have our hoods up. Are you serios, someone tried to remove a radiator cap? Wow.

I changed my Transmission fuild yesterday, it took a little over 3 1/2 quarts of Royal Purple, I filled untill it ran out of the fill hole. Anyone with a M6, can you tell me where your transmission temp is at after driving over 30mins. I took a picture of my temp after a 30 min drive on the highway to work today.
STINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #5499
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGS View Post
Gauge looks about right for how cool it was this past weekend. Have seen it get to 200 on a hot summer day! (Have the M6 with the V6, which holds just under 2 quarts.)

Joe
Thanks Joe, long time, I hope all is well.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #5500
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
New Camaro Now is out. Got ours at Barnes and Noble. Too bad I get to read it before Mike
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #5501
Wildcat

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
New Camaro Now is out. Got ours at Barnes and Noble. Too bad I get to read it before Mike
Got mine too! At the B & N on Broadway on Sunday.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #5502
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Im wondering if the driver of the Aqua Blue Metallic on the northwest side is a member here or if any of you guys know him.. It's the only ABM ive seen in person, what a sweet color. Gave him the thumbs up but I dont think he was paying attention, lol
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote