Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #29
BADNESS

Drives: 2010 SS
I expected the heat and it's fine. I can get out of the camaro and get the particular shelbys I'm looking at without losing money . Being 100% honest I'm not trying to take on a payment as high as the 2011 gt500 so that's not even an option. I love this car and it's my favorite car I've owned to date . But to really make the power I crave , it's just alotttt of money to do. So that's why it may be simpler to just sell the car and get something else. Either way I appreciate everyones opinions and I like hearing everyones view on the situation.

2SS/RS LS3
-Intake , Tune ,Thermostat, Exhaust, Hurst Shifter
-Eibach Pro Kit, Forgestar F14, 275/315 Pirellis.
BADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #30
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADNESS View Post
I expected the heat and it's fine. I can get out of the camaro and get the particular shelbys I'm looking at without losing money . Being 100% honest I'm not trying to take on a payment as high as the 2011 gt500 so that's not even an option. I love this car and it's my favorite car I've owned to date . But to really make the power I crave , it's just alotttt of money to do. So that's why it may be simpler to just sell the car and get something else. Either way I appreciate everyones opinions and I like hearing everyones view on the situation.
If you're looking for more power then you're crazy. The SS has more than enough power for any application and is wide open for additional horses to be added on. You sound like you need a NASCAR and not a real road car. In which case, the Mustang wont help you wither. The SS is as good if not better than the Mustang so there's no difference.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #31
Supercharged2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS - Supercharged
to be honest, I was about to buy the gt500 when I finally saw a camaro. they are both awesome. to what you like. your ride.
Supercharged2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #32
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Why in the World would you ask this question on Camaro5?

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #33
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you habitually buy/sell cars as often as you lead us to believe because you get bored with them I find it hard to understand how you can afford to take huge hits on depreciation like that but not have enough for the payment on a 2011 Shelby.

If you'd be satisfied with the power a 3 year old Shelby is putting out and maybe more, it really wouldn't take all that much $ to get the power out of the SS.

If you're going to do it, get the 2011 Shelby. Otherwise, you'll be regretting it before you know it.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #34
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
If you want more power, you may want to talk to Michael's Maro about what he's done. Last time I saw him, I believe his car was up to 730hp at the engine.

What are you at right now?

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #35
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
i was actually thinking of the same the other day.... here is a nice 2010 I saw in tampa

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #36
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
If you're looking for more power then you're crazy. The SS has more than enough power for any application and is wide open for additional horses to be added on. You sound like you need a NASCAR and not a real road car. In which case, the Mustang wont help you wither. The SS is as good if not better than the Mustang so there's no difference.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #37
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
So says the BMW driver on a Camaro forum.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #38
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
just go nitrous, and you're set.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #39
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
The sickness has hit me yet again, I buy cars to have them for 3 months then sell them. I'm now bored with the Camaro, and although it is amazingly great. I lost the urge to put more money into it. Dont feel like spending 7k on a blower. But before I go through with this I want some opinions. Im looking at a few 08-09 GT500's. Even though they are a couple years old. Something about them always makes me fall in love. What should I do???
Pros-
I get a new (but used) car.
GT500 is easier to make power, and cheaper

Cons-
Sell my 2010 Camaro to get an older car.
Wont have this great suspension anymore
ok I've had both cars (see sig). I would probably not advise the switch for a variety of reasons. In living with the GT500 as a DD I could not stand two things: traction and interior. Mine had the Shaker 500 system but overall the interior was bland, boring and just not very inviting. In the Camaro I feel like I can drive it daily (although I hate the view) and it is more livable in my mind. With regards to the traction. It was so bad I had to put a bag of sand in the back of my GT500 to get it stick even remotely well. I didn't get a chance to upgrade the bushings or other components in the suspension but it needs it BADLY. I would wheel hop any time I got on the accelerator.

Having said that I wish I had my GT500 back over my Camaro because I can't stand the viewing profile nor the shifter/transmission in the Camaro. It's notchy, rough, a pain and horrible. However, it would mean taking a $8k loss to get a car that I almost had paid off when I traded it in for my Camaro. I don't know if I can swallow that much pride.

What I would suggest is getting a 2010 GT500 if you really want one. Toss in the nav system and you've got a much better ride in my opinion.

I can expand if you like but I've had both... and there are still mixed feelings about my trade.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #40
Quikzilver

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS,1970 Camaro RS/SS
Look at a Corvette.
Or...drop a stroker 418 under the hood and you will have TONS of power!! My 08 Corvette is pushing 530+rwhp...10.90 in the quarter mile. It is FAST!
Although, I am thinking of selling it for a Camaro...too much power for a DD...not much fun driving it around town, other than the grins I get from people when I pull up next to them with the exhaust open.
Quikzilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #41
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
I say get what you want, but if you want my take.... I would never pay out big $$ for a USED high performance car. Firstly you don't know if it was maintained properly, second you will have in the back of your head did the person (or people) that owned it prior to me buying it stomp the shit out of it at every light.And lastly you wont have peace of mind with warranty (short though it may be). Even if it's certified pre-owned you only get like a 90 day warranty, after that any repairs are on you ! Sure your dealer can tell you whatever they want about the previous owner(s), but I would never ever buy a USED high performance vehicle no matter how bad I wanted it.
ss=scuba steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #42
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
I say get what you want, but if you want my take.... I would never pay out big $$ for a USED high performance car. Firstly you don't know if it was maintained properly, second you will have in the back of your head did the person (or people) that owned it prior to me buying it stomp the shit out of it at every light.And lastly you wont have peace of mind with warranty (short though it may be). Even if it's certified pre-owned you only get like a 90 day warranty, after that any repairs are on you ! Sure your dealer can tell you whatever they want about the previous owner(s), but I would never ever buy a USED high performance vehicle no matter how bad I wanted it.
What are you smoking... remaining factory warranty applies which is usually at least 3/36. On an 07, sure that's a problem but a '10? even a '09?

Your point is valid and I got stung by that but it only matters if you expect the car to fall apart. I have 10x more issues with my Camaro than I ever had with my GT500.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote