Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 02-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
well...both headers fit fine thank god only the header manufacturer didn't send metric header bolts, go figure but we scrounged enough to hang them anyway for mock up purposes only and got the passenger side coil cover trimmed to fit nicely as well. Only had to trim the front corner to clear the AC compressor since we moved it in closer to clear the inner fender well.

Name:  Image 1.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  158.2 KB

Name:  Image 2.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  139.0 KB

Thats all for today...More to come stay tunned...

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #30
carguy
Carguy

Dyno

Oh ya Forgot the Dyno Sheet I promised....

[ATTACH]Name:  Corrected Torque and Power copy.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  106.5 KB[/ATTACH]

Couldn't get any readings at lower RPM because to load the dyne up hard enough to handle the peak HP and TQ it couldn't pull the load at lowerRPM with out preignition kicking in. There is however, well over 600 Ft Lbs at 3000 rpm.

I will do a chasis pull and tune once we get it running. May up the boost than as well if needed. I can find 93 octane all day long where I live and this was a 91 octane tune. My 2010's have all been tuned for 93 so I think there is more to be had if needed but I have a feeling this should satisfy me for a while considering the difference in weight between the two vehicles. Don't want to twist this car into a pretzel.....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Corrected Torque and Power.pdf (13.0 KB, 71 views)

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Nice numbers. Any idea whiy the TQ is higher than the HP? Usually, the other way around.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #32
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Nice numbers. Any idea whiy the TQ is higher than the HP? Usually, the other way around.
No, I told them I wanted to build for torque but not really sure about the difference. I know they dropped the compression and upped the boost. And I am not real sure what the cam profile is. They call it a stage 1 Cam but they weren't eager to share the profile. I know most of the engines they build go into Rock Crawlers and Sand Rails. I think most of the top 10 Crawlers are or were running their engines. I would imagine that they would like to be heavy on the bottom end as far as torque goes. I know they also put a 90mm throttle body on it as well.

I will feel better about the numbers once I get the thing on a Chassis dyno so I can compare it to my others. Same dyne same tuner etc. Better for comparison purposes. I know they are driving the maggie pretty hard.

It has a 3.2 pulley on the top plus a 10% overdrive crank pulley. My gray 2010 only has a 3.6 with 10% overdrive crank and it is wound tight as a drum.

Although dropping the compression would surely be some of the reason if not all of it.... a bigger hole to fill.

I am more about the tq than the hp because when driven on the street thats what you feel in the seat of your pants

I want that big block grunt in a small package. I will just have to wait and see how it compares to my others once I get it on a chassis dyne and can get a full pull and compare. Not to concerned after knowing how my other two run and the additional tweaks on this one.

no Cats and 3 inch exhaust on this one that should help some too...

I am hoping to get it running before the dyno gets to bogged down. In my neck of the woods I have only one place I know of to dyno it and the closer to spring it gets the longer it takes to get dyne time.

But very good question....

Old 02-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
carguy
Carguy

Well good News ! she fits under the factory Hood. Its all starting to come together.

Almost everything is mocked up. Exhaust , New Gas tank with pump etc. All thats left is to run a lot of lines. Fuel,air-conditioning, intercooler, radiator, heater hoses, radiator hoses. Than have to mount radiator, heat exchangers,Air Box,etc.

I guess after spelling it all out there is still a lot to do. But most of my major concerns have been addressed and all are doable at this point. Truly elated that the whole thing is going to fit under the factory hood. Had to cut some of the hood out under the factory hood scoop but no biggie, done by pros, so it all is looking like it was meant to be there. That was the goal.

Got one pic with my old 6/71 hood in place to check clearances but got a call later that original hood was on and fit so it's a good day. It won't be long now and will be blowing it all back apart for detailing and making it look as clean as possible without going too crazy.

Can't wait to hear this baby sing....

Name:  IMG-20120210-00147.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  85.0 KB

Old 02-11-2012, 06:02 AM   #34
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
im looking forward to hearing it sing as well, nice job
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
carguy
Carguy

Well More Pics...

Radiator, fans ,intercooler, Hand made intercooler tank, air conditioning lines, heater hoses, fuel lines, SS radiator Hoses.

Making Progress !:thumb up:

Name:  IMG-20120227-00162.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  153.5 KB

Name:  IMG-20120227-00161.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  155.3 KB

Name:  IMG-20120227-00164.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  IMG-20120227-00163.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  153.2 KB

Old 03-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
carguy
Carguy

The Grand Finale

Well...heres the deal. Everything is back in the car. All lines, hoses etc all mounted, just finnised threading wires hanging computer and relay box Just a few loose ends to tie up.

Got oil and anti freeze and all other fluids on the floor waiting to go in.

Waiting on one 90 degree elbow so they can finnish fabing the air box and inlet tube and than it will be time to turn the key and see what happens.

Oh ya gotta put tranny back in too. Took it out to put new seals in it and its a whole lot easier to get motor back in with it out. So gotta bolt tranny up bolt the exhaust back in and that is about it.

Leaving tomorrow on a cruise and if everything goes as planned it will be running and waiting for me when I get back. I guess that is one way to not be too diappointed that vacation is over when I can look forward to coming home and taking a test drive.

I will be thinking about it during the whole cruise but thats ok. Gives me something to look forward to.

So...bottom line. I will post an update when I return on the 18th. Hopefully weather permitting I will shoot some video and pics shortly there after. It is really coming together. Can't Friggin Wait !

Thats it for now stay tuned for the Grand Finale...

Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
because this car wasn't built to hit a high peak number. it was made to have power under the curve.

Things like a diesel engine...lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Well...heres the deal. Everything is back in the car. All lines, hoses etc all mounted, just finnised threading wires hanging computer and relay box Just a few loose ends to tie up.

Got oil and anti freeze and all other fluids on the floor waiting to go in.

Waiting on one 90 degree elbow so they can finnish fabing the air box and inlet tube and than it will be time to turn the key and see what happens.

Oh ya gotta put tranny back in too. Took it out to put new seals in it and its a whole lot easier to get motor back in with it out. So gotta bolt tranny up bolt the exhaust back in and that is about it.

Leaving tomorrow on a cruise and if everything goes as planned it will be running and waiting for me when I get back. I guess that is one way to not be too diappointed that vacation is over when I can look forward to coming home and taking a test drive.

I will be thinking about it during the whole cruise but thats ok. Gives me something to look forward to.

So...bottom line. I will post an update when I return on the 18th. Hopefully weather permitting I will shoot some video and pics shortly there after. It is really coming together. Can't Friggin Wait !

Thats it for now stay tuned for the Grand Finale...
waiting

btw...get a new camera...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #38
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
because this car wasn't built to hit a high peak number. it was made to have power under the curve.

Things like a diesel engine...lmao
I think most people want to increase TQ, because achieving high HP numbers is pretty easy.

That's why I'm curious how they got it the other way around. I'd think it would have something to do with timing at lower RPM's and sacrificing timing at higher RPM's.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #39
BAD436Z28

Drives: hugger orange 80 camaro,needs total
Quote:
my 436 sbc came out the same way it made 635 hp and 680 ft.lbs,of torque all depends on how its built mines built for torque also,and only running 9.5:1 compression.
BAD436Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #40
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD436Z28 View Post
my 436 sbc came out the same way it made 635 hp and 680 ft.lbs,of torque all depends on how its built mines built for torque also,and only running 9.5:1 compression.
I make good torque (well over 600), and I have lower compression as well but HP at 6k, blows away the TQ #. Just curious what would make the TQ higher than HP.
I know the maggies product full boost right away, so that may be the difference. I have a ProCharger so I don't get full boost until a bit higher in the RPM range and at that point pure HP kicks in.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #41
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
I think most people want to increase TQ, because achieving high HP numbers is pretty easy.

That's why I'm curious how they got it the other way around. I'd think it would have something to do with timing at lower RPM's and sacrificing timing at higher RPM's.

its all in the cam. its not a highly aggressive cam (more suited for a DD on the street) but with boost, it exaccerbates the pure torque down low.
The cam is not ground for top end power.

I prefer more torque than HP.

I look at it this way...

HP is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

and HP sells cars, torque wins races.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
its all in the cam. its not a highly aggressive cam (more suited for a DD on the street) but with boost, it exaccerbates the pure torque down low.
The cam is not ground for top end power.

I prefer more torque than HP.

I look at it this way...

HP is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

and HP sells cars, torque wins races.
Believe me, right now I have enough of both with the booster CAM profile we've got in this engine.
Trying to decide what rims / tires I have to get now so I don't look like I"m skating around all day driving on the local roads.