Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
1LE Dual mode exhaust or Borla ATAk?

Hello my dear Camaro lovers... I come here for points of view and guidance.

So the order for my 1LE Camaro 2SS RS inferno Orange is out there, I also got he navigation system . The only thing I did not get was the NPP dual exhaust mode... Because I was thinking at the moment of getting a performance exhaust from Borla ATAK.. but I hear a clip from the dual exhaust mode and I love it the sound similar to Z06...

Here is the thing I'm all about performance , looks and sounds... So does the dual exhaust mode add any horsepower to the Camaro at all ? Are tyeybas big and heavy as the ones in the SS.. or am I just better getting the Borla ATAK full catback ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Hello my dear Camaro lovers... I come here for points of view and guidance.

So the order for my 1LE Camaro 2SS RS inferno Orange is out there, I also got he navigation system . The only thing I did not get was the NPP dual exhaust mode... Because I was thinking at the moment of getting a performance exhaust from Borla ATAK.. but I hear a clip from the dual exhaust mode and I love it the sound similar to Z06...

Here is the thing I'm all about performance , looks and sounds... So does the dual exhaust mode add any horsepower to the Camaro at all ? Are tyeybas big and heavy as the ones in the SS.. or am I just better getting the Borla ATAK full catback ?
Congrats.. on your order of the 1le, My only knowledge of NPP is from my Corvette.On the Corvette it does add 6 hp to the ls3 430Vs436.....

I went with NPP on The Corvette because every ls3 manual car I was in with Borla, Corsa you name it before ordering the Corvette had mad drone in low rpm 5th & 6th gear.With NPP at hwy speeds no drone at all......If you want the real growl all the time around town add a mild to wild to NPP for less than 100 dollars and you can leave them open all the time and then close only at hwy cruising speeds to eliminate drone!

If it were me and not to late I would change the order to include NPP!

Hope this helps good luck with your 1le!
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post
Congrats.. on your order of the 1le, My only knowledge of NPP is from my Corvette.On the Corvette it does add 6 hp to the ls3 430Vs436.....

I went with NPP on The Corvette because every ls3 manual car I was in with Borla, Corsa you name it before ordering the Corvette had mad drone in low rpm 5th & 6th gear.With NPP at hwy speeds no drone at all......If you want the real growl all the time around town add a mild to wild to NPP for less than 100 dollars and you can leave them open all the time and then close only at hwy cruising speeds to eliminate drone!

Agree 100%
Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
I've got NPP on my '13 and it booms just like a z06. I HIGHLY recommend it. I just leave the flap open and I love it
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post
I've got NPP on my '13 and it booms just like a z06. I HIGHLY recommend it. I just leave the flap open and I love it
"Find us in the Branch"where you at in the "Branch" I live off the springs near braselton.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Haha I have been contemplating the same thing. I like the NPP but the ATAK sounds pretty awesome.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post

Thanks for the tip I did see a video on YouTube of a guy who takes something off from the car.. i believe is a fuse under the glove compartment.. and the sounds stays up all the time... I wonder if that can be done to the Camaro ?

And what is that like to wild that I can do to the NPP for $100?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post

Do u mean u have the NPP on a 2013 Camaro ? So do u really hear the difference between that exhaust and the stock SS ? Also how big are they ? Are they still has big as the SS mufflers ?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Haha I have been contemplating the same thing. I like the NPP but the ATAK sounds pretty awesome.
Yeah bro I think the sane I just can't decide ...... That's Why I came to get help here.. everyone seem to like the NPP I might go with that one
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I lan on ordering the NNP and adding the remote to overide it with the simple push of the button. I have to admit i have not heard either n a Camaro in person.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
The npp is lighter and has less backpressure, just like an aftermarket exhaust. Also, if u add hraders and pipes uo to the axleback you can still have a quiet car that turns into a monster. Finally, the fuse for the camaro is in the trunk and u can add a swithx to turn the dual valve on or off in the exhaust. Thats the mild to wilf switch.

Good luck with the cops and the borla if u do more mods. Also, look at aftermarket exhausts and how close some get to the diff cover, would suk for track racing.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
Mgizzle

The npp is lighter and has less backpressure, just like an aftermarket exhaust. Also, if u add hraders and pipes uo to the axleback you can still have a quiet car that turns into a monster. Finally, the fuse for the camaro is in the trunk and u can add a swithx to turn the dual valve on or off in the exhaust. Thats the mild to wilf switch.

Good luck with the cops and the borla if u do more mods. Also, look at aftermarket exhausts and how close some get to the diff cover, would suk for track racing.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I ordered the DPP for my 1LE and so happy I did the more i read about it. I'll be adding HF cats to it so I wonder how the sound will change :P
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
Mgizzle

Sorry about the spelling above..... Touch phone. The cats on the npp are highflow, no?