Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #617
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
http://www.etownraceway.com/

Here's another link I found that you can see each state and all their tracks they have. Pretty cool.

http://www.thefoat.com/fa/featured_race_tracks
Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #618
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro IOM
Send a message via AIM to PieManMighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Must have drag strip... Must have autox. should have road course....

must have plenty of parking, pits etc.

And in my humble opinion, should be in the northern US next year....

FWIW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 bad azz ls3 View Post
I THINK THE NORTH EAST SHOULD BE THE PLACE...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
All I know is C5III better be in the middle somewhere!! It's just fair to both the East and West coast.

You hear me Chris, Spike, Tran!!!?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
Raceway Park
Englishtown, NJ.

Looks to have alot to offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post

Def. more Northern, I.E. Northeast..... VA, PA, NY, MD, NJ, etc.

Just check out this Map - http://www.camaroownersnearme.com/index.asp
It's obvious the majority of members/owners are in Northeastern US.....

Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #619
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
Chicagoland speedway would be great
Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #620
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
NEW JERSEY
Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #621
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
Def. more Northern, I.E. Northeast..... VA, PA, NY, MD, NJ, etc.

Just check out this Map - http://www.camaroownersnearme.com/index.asp
It's obvious the majority of members/owners are in Northeastern US.....

I appreciate what that map says. but that is only a small sample of the members on this forum...

That Map is not going to be what makes the decision for us.

FWIW
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #622
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
To say "That Map is not going to be what makes the decision for us." is too bad. The tool is there for you to use and help with decisions.

The Google Map Mashup is a tool with many purposes, so to totally ignore it would be a disservice to members on Camaro5.

It should be used to facilitate decision making for future festivities and many others here agree.

That is only my opinion.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #623
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Forza

I appreciate the efforts on the map... that having been said, to have the Fest in an area based solely on the population density isn't fair to the wide spread community... I could start a map in the Texas subforum and let it run there for a while and then go site wide and the population density would look substantially different... I am not even hinting that you did that (please don't take it like that) but a map is only as good as the completeness of the data...

If the population density on a map were a valid argument, then lets have it somewhere based on the most active users on this site... or by the most active local groups... most cars by state...maybe have the top ten post whores vote... or the top ten money spent car owners, or the top ten fastest times run people... or the people that drive their cars the most months in a year...

None of these are fair, and someone is going to have to drive a distance every year, but it certainly isnt fair to have it be the same people every year... there are people involved that don't care where the Fest is, they will be there... maybe we should ask them... There are people that wont attend if it was in their backyard...

Personally, I love the caravans, and seeing other parts of the country... As I've said before, it doesn't matter to me if it's in alaska, I'll drive... or New Jersey... or Washington State...It makes me wonder that people that wern't on this site for the first fest are complaining that there should be a Fest on the East Coast... there was... It was in Ga in 2010... and close to the West Coast in 2011, Indiana or Kentucky or Illinois would be cool, I would like to see it in Canada one year in the not too distant future...

Throw ideas out there for the site admins and moderators to consider and let them figure it out... I can only imagine the headaches involved in setting up something this big...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #624
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
To say "That Map is not going to be what makes the decision for us." is too bad. The tool is there for you to use and help with decisions.

The Google Map Mashup is a tool with many purposes, so to totally ignore it would be a disservice to members on Camaro5.

It should be used to facilitate decision making for future festivities and many others here agree.

That is only my opinion.
Have you not been reading the thread?

did you not see how many times we've elaborated on all the different factors we consider???

I'm very familiar with the information that can be extracted form open source GIS as well as enterprise GIS, I use them frequently in my own products.

But to say that your map is the only deciding factor would be irresponsible on our part.

We already know that more camaros have been sold in the northeast than any other region, even if you mapped out every location of all 40K members, you'd still not have an accurate count of who's going to the fest and who isn't...

I have no idea how many records you've captured but keep in mind we had somewhere near 1500 people attend C5FII and over 1000 at C5FI...

There is no way to ensure that those who register on your map will in fact go to the fest...

is it a valuable resource? Absolutely! Will we reference it? Of course.

But that will not be anywhere near the top of our list when making the final decision. Will it be a factor? of course it will.

But we have members all over the country and we'd like the fest to be in everyone's back yard. not just where the majority of our members are...

If that were the case it would always be in Texas... It's pretty obvious they are the most active state on our forum.

Please, accept my apology for being so snippy about this.

There is no mathematical formula to deciding where the fest will be.

I can tell you this. It will not be anywhere near I-10 if it were solely up to me... we have to many northerners on this forum to expect them to travel again. And we have a TON of sponsors in the NE region also.

Now, we are no where near a final decision. And for all I know it could be in Alaska next year.

Gah. I'm sorry for being an ass about this... But it's not as easy as you guys might think to figure all this out knowing that all of you are waiting and there is no way we can please everyone...

OK, I'm gonna leave this thread alone for a while... Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #625
Forza
Account Suspended

I'm sure it is a lot of work for the organizers, it is a lot of pressure & work. Keep doing the good job you do.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #626
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Have you not been reading the thread?

did you not see how many times we've elaborated on all the different factors we consider???

I'm very familiar with the information that can be extracted form open source GIS as well as enterprise GIS, I use them frequently in my own products.

But to say that your map is the only deciding factor would be irresponsible on our part.

We already know that more camaros have been sold in the northeast than any other region, even if you mapped out every location of all 40K members, you'd still not have an accurate count of who's going to the fest and who isn't...

I have no idea how many records you've captured but keep in mind we had somewhere near 1500 people attend C5FII and over 1000 at C5FI...

There is no way to ensure that those who register on your map will in fact go to the fest...

is it a valuable resource? Absolutely! Will we reference it? Of course.

But that will not be anywhere near the top of our list when making the final decision. Will it be a factor? of course it will.

But we have members all over the country and we'd like the fest to be in everyone's back yard. not just where the majority of our members are...

If that were the case it would always be in Texas... It's pretty obvious they are the most active state on our forum.

Please, accept my apology for being so snippy about this.

There is no mathematical formula to deciding where the fest will be.

I can tell you this. It will not be anywhere near I-10 if it were solely up to me... we have to many northerners on this forum to expect them to travel again. And we have a TON of sponsors in the NE region also.

Now, we are no where near a final decision. And for all I know it could be in Alaska next year.

Gah. I'm sorry for being an ass about this... But it's not as easy as you guys might think to figure all this out knowing that all of you are waiting and there is no way we can please everyone...

OK, I'm gonna leave this thread alone for a while... Sorry for the rant.
Were you reading my post while I was typing it, can you moderators do that???

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #627
Forza
Account Suspended

I am trying to contribute to Camaro5 (in my spare time). So if what I create & say here offends Moderators, I don't know what to say. I'm trying to help this forum grow.

I'm done talking too.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #628
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

That is only my opinion.
Of course. It is a tool, but it is by no means complete or perfect. I think that is what GTAHVIT was trying to say. And we have to consider more things than what point on the map is surrounded by the most local members. There are tons of people who would drive a single day to get to the fest. There's still a lot who are willing to make a 2 day trip. After that, it drops off considerably. The farther north and east it goes, the fewer people from the south and central areas will be able to attend.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #629
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
I am trying to contribute to Camaro5 (in my spare time). So if what I create & say here offends Moderators, I don't know what to say. I'm trying to help this forum grow.

I'm done talking too.
I replied to your PM, I hope it helps explain my babbling...

I know you've put in a lot of work and I am very grateful for it.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #630
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Were you reading my post while I was typing it, can you moderators do that???

LOL no, lucky for some we can't... if we could we'd have a lot less spam and trolls ...

oh and rants from cranky moderators....

Closed Thread