Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro IOM
Send a message via AIM to PieManMighty
Halo problem - need help ASAP

Got the hood popped in the garage right now and have a car show tomorrow, need to get this fixed....
I noticed today when I was washing/detailing my car, that the white halo in my headlights is staying on faintly, but constantly (little hard to tell during day/sunlight).... When I use the remote to turn the colors on and off (i have the amber/white halos with the 4 channel remote, channel 1 - orange halo fogs, channel 2 - white halo fogs, channel 3 - orange halo headlights, channel 4 - white halo headlights) all the channels work and colors work, but when everything thing is turned off, the white halos in the headlights still stay on faintly.... Now when I use the correct button for the white halo headlights, they turn on much brighter like they always have, but when turned off, they stay on faintly. Can anyone help with this please???
Did getting a little water on the channel box under the hood from cleaning effect anything??
Shouldn't have been much different then when it rains...,...?
Help please, got the hood popped in the garage currently....
PieManMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
If you disconnect the halo that stays on, does the other one function correctly? That might point to a faulty halo. May want to disconnect the power to control box, gently blow it out and let it sit(dry out) a while. The hook up and try again.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

I disconnected the white halo, that keeps staying on faintly.... and it went off.... plugged it back in and it stayed on faintly.... so I disconnected the hot power going into the box and there was a little water & such around the area.... gonna let it dry out for a few minutes, and use a hair dryer on cold..... then see if it works....
Everything else still works fine, just a problem of the white halo faintly staying on.....
Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
I disconnected the white halo, that keeps staying on faintly.... and it went off.... plugged it back in and it stayed on faintly.... so I disconnected the hot power going into the box and there was a little water & such around the area.... gonna let it dry out for a few minutes, and use a hair dryer on cold..... then see if it works....
Everything else still works fine, just a problem of the white halo faintly staying on.....
Do NOT, I repeat do NOT use a hairdryer. Even on cold you have a chance of doing damage. Take the remote box out and put it in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight. It would be better if you could leave it in their for 24-48 hours. The uncooked rice will absorb all/any moisture that is in the remote box.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Thanks Stieger... will do.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
The Stig

not a problem. Please PM me if that does not solve your problem and I'll try to help you the best I can.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

I will, appreciate the help... gonna leave it out over night, gonna put it back in in the AM before my show
Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
The Stig

I have one of the 4 channel remotes, and if yours is anything like mine then it is not water tight. After you leave it out overnight wrap some electrical tape around the seams on the box (basically wherever you see a gap in the plastic). That's what I did and no problems so far *knocks on wood*
Old 06-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Good idea, I was thinking of doing that.... once I put it back together in the AM I'll tape it up too... thanks man. I'll let ya know if it cures the problem..
Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
The Stig

Bumping to see if the OP got his problem fixed