Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro IOM
Send a message via AIM to PieManMighty
RS Conversion

So.... I purchased a 2LT IOM w/ sunroof and have been adding some modifications.... I've added everything that the RS package contains and then some (spoiler, Halos, afterburners, etc.).... the only thing I haven't added is the 20" wheels (still have 19"). If/when I upgrade to 20 or 21" wheels, would it be appropriate to add the RS badges as it would be considered an RS Camaro with all the additions (I basically put all the RS packaging on the car rather then having the dealer do it)..... And also having the AAC Halos which are better/brighter then the stock RS halos, this upgraded RS package is better then the dealer RS package.... So in the eyes of other Camaro owners, would it be fine to add the RS badges and distinguish it as a 2LT RS, (If I ever had aspirations of upgrading to an SS or different vehicle in the future, I'm sure the RS distinction would help for resale). Opinions Welcomed
PieManMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Did you paint the roof ditch molding?

The missing body colored roof ditch molding would be a dead give away that it's not an RS. Then again only a hardcore 5th Gen Camaro person would even notice it.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

It has a sunroof??
Old 05-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Wink

it does not matter if you add RS stuff to it it will never be considered an RS from what I have heard. things like the VIN number is different if you have a 2LT RS or just a plan 2LT, just a little FYI.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Put what dressing you want to on it. Let the kids wimper about it.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
it does not matter if you add RS stuff to it it will never be considered an RS from what I have heard. things like the VIN number is different if you have a 2LT RS or just a plan 2LT, just a little FYI.
Maybe true.... if they can use the Vin to pull up whether or not it was originally sold as a 2LT.... BUT, I've only had the car for 3+ weeks, and if I wanted to take it back to the dealer tomorrow and have them add the RS package (I'm not, just hypothetically speaking) which I believe I can do, the Vin wouldn't change, thus it would be a 2LT RS with the same Vin. So since I've added all the RS Mods, I'm thinking it would still hold resale value as an RS because it has everything the RS package contains plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Put what dressing you want to on it. Let the kids wimper about it.
LOL, agreed But I will make sure it has all the necessities of an RS Camaro.... I wouldn't put RS badges on the car if it didn't have every option the RS package does
Old 05-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
So if there is kleenex in the bra...is it what it appears to be?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
It has a sunroof??
Not sure if that's directed towards me but here are pictures of the painted vs. non painted roof ditch molding.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Yes, i think its totally appropriate to call it RS, and put the badges, as long as you have the wheels also.

i also replaced the headlights, put in the 20" wheels, etc.

They are all OEM pieces, the only difference is that you put the on youre self
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
PieManMighty
Manual 6 Speed Tran.

Thanks Slick,

It does have a sunroof, but I wasn't sure what part people were talking about that is black rather then painted the body color until you posted that pic. I'll def. have that painted if I'm going to badge it RS to make sure it has everything the RS does. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Not sure if that's directed towards me but here are pictures of the painted vs. non painted roof ditch molding.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
If you wanna add the badging to get better resale value you might wanna roll back the odometer too. Or throw some SS badges on it and REALLY trick some poor dope !

It's not an RS to me unless you bought it that way. I MIGHT have been ok with it if you did everything OEM from Chevy but since you already said you used AACs halos, then no, it's clearly not an RS.

You asked for opinions...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
No, it would not be considered an "Official" RS. Enjoy your car how you want, just be up front about the car if you were to sell. Someone looking for an RS later finding out that it is not built that way from the factory could be very upset. I know I would.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #13
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Actually if you upgraded it why would you just put RS on it. It is probably better than just the plain RS now.

It doesn't hurt though as there are plenty of RS cars from other makers. Just stands for Rally Sport. Really means nothing.

I saw where one of the folks stated that you don't have the wheels so you can't say rally sport.... lol..... I guess if he gets aftermarket wheels he has to remove his badges.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
Atcer

Drives: 2LT RS Silver Ice w/Cyber Grey strp
Dealers will never consider it an RS for Warrenty or resale. I had an 06 Vette bought a painted targo top from another vette owner same color so no repaint. I wanted the cooler interior due to the hot Florida sun. It delaminated. They refused the warrenty on a GM part from the same car same year and both were still under warrenty. Long story short if you add factory parts to your car it will not show when they do a vin check unless they were dealer added/installed, and thus will not give you the value or treat it as such.
Atcer is offline   Reply With Quote