Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #29
epd313

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Will answer any questions I can. People will probably sit in it. Will be taking a trip from New York to Birmingham, Ala. this summer so any forum member along the way that hasn't gotten theirs yet and wants to drive it is welcome to do so.
If that's the case, make sure you stop in Erie Pa on your way and stop by the police station, I would be happy to take you up on that offer. And if i get mine first..................I wold go as far as Syracuse
epd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by epd313 View Post
If that's the case, make sure you stop in Erie Pa on your way and stop by the police station, I would be happy to take you up on that offer. And if i get mine first..................I wold go as far as Syracuse
Buffalo to Erie - ninety miles. We'll touch bases before I leave.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #31
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well I was thinking. For you guys who will be the first to have a 5th Gen Camaro, a few questions.

How long will it take for you to get tired of people stopping you and asking a bunch of questions and wanting pics.
Also, will you let people sit in yours? Not just people you know but people in general.
And the biggie. Will you let people drive it? Not people in general, but people you know.
Good questions all around:

a. Not too long but it would mostly depend on who's asking
b. Depends on who's asking.
c. My wife definitely. Also, perhaps as a bribe to someone to be the designated driver and it was someone who had driving skills I trusted. I don't drink all that much so the opportunity would be rare. Outside of those no one
will drive my car.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #32
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
It will take a while for me to get tired of people stopping me and asking me questions, I will be PLENTY proud of the car. But once it will probably noit be überexclusive any more.

And no, I won't let people sit in it unless I know them. Sorry, will take care of my leather.

And the only person I know that I will let drive it is my father, because I know he can handle the power. Maybe my brother after he's had his license for like five years and has proved to me that he knows how to drive.

Other then that I'll probably mostly scare my mom and sisters if they ever ride with me

Last edited by Emher; 02-19-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #33
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
in the passenger window there will be a sticker saying GAS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE.
Isn't it "Gas, Grass or Ass"?
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Speaking of which........I understand it was a car show but I couldn't understand something here. For these pics you can see the rope around his car which is ok i guess but I asked if he could lower the hood so I can get a pic of the cars lines and he wouldn't do it. I asked if I could get a pic of Bonnie with the car and he had to think about it. We came back later and he agreed but told her EXACTLY where she could put her fingers on the car. The kid in the picture was the 'gaurd'. The owner even when we left acted like he was annoyed even just to answer questions. Before I left I accused him of the motor not really being hooked up but just mounted for looks. Kinda pissed him off but he was such an ass anyway I had to. Why go if you are gonna be a di@#? I understand if you don't want it printed all up and it's a show car but damn, your there to show it to people. It's not like he was in the parking lot on his way home.

Attachment 15366

Attachment 15367
I think as I was walking away I would have said something like this "What did ya have to do, have them trophies made yourself, Looking at your car there are so many things incorrect about it that it could never win in a REAL car show competition..."
Old 02-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #35
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Isn't it "Gas, Grass or Ass"?
maybe he omitted that so they would't smoke in the car
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #36
epd313

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
if your that close for sure get in touch with me. I was half kidding thinking you were further east, but i will send you a message when i get mine. no offense, but i hope i'm driving to buffalo to show you first!!
epd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
I actually got pulled over by a cop when my Impala was brand new just so he could check it out. He knew they were getting those at work, guess he wanted a heads up.

That was an Impala people. I can only imagine whats its going to be like for the Camaro.
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #38
Arioch

Drives: 2010 Camaro Victory Red 2SSRS
I had one of the first Soltice's in the area when they started producing them. I had lots of people ask me questions when I was out in public. I had people honking at me as I passed through intersections and giving me the thumbs up. I saw people stop what they were doing when they passed through the parking lot to gawk at the car while I watched from a resturant window. When we got a couple of more in the area and I would pass one on the road which was rare we'd both wave at each other because we knew how painful it had been to get the car, wait for it, etc.

It was an awesome experience. The closest thing I can imagine is that this is what a celebrity might feel like when they are out in public. Its an experience I've never had in my life until then and I suspect will have it again with this new camaro. Most people may never experience it in their life.

Enjoy it while you can.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #39
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
erie pa huh

Quote:
i live in ashtabula-and then trheirs buffalo--im getting a ss/rs --rally yellow/black hoods stripes --what are you guys getting since im only 35 mies from erie --we could form a c

aravan and stoke out the people for awhile--lolol--pick up some babes--lolol
as for answering questions --hell yeah all day long --heck i talk aboutt it to people nowwwww and they arent even asking questions--lolol
only the babes i dont know will sit in it along with my chosen friends---no one will drive it but me and my son

Last edited by leatherneck; 02-19-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: adding more
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
SyNiKaL

Drives: Don't Own YET
Send a message via AIM to SyNiKaL Send a message via MSN to SyNiKaL
Honestly I don't think I'll ever get tired of people asking about My Camaro, something I payed for. I would welcome the attention with open arms.

Now I actually wouldn't mind other people sitting in my Camaro, but there is no chance that I'm going to allow them to drive it!
SyNiKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #41
rocket31

Drives: 02 silverado and 97 BMW Z3
Im gonna love every second of attention i get with the camaro. everyone that knows i have ordered one asks when im getting it every time they see me.
if people wanna take pics thats fine. ill give people rides all day long, if i know em. definately not strangers though, never know when you'll come across somebody who plans to drive off with it. of course if i run across some dime piece and she wants a ride i prob wont say no lol. however, nobody and i mean nobody is going to drive it except me!!!!
rocket31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #42
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
i wont take any questioning there will bea gun in my back seat thatll blow they brains out if they annoy me-no one drives it but me-thats that no ifs and or buts

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote