Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-13-2022, 06:37 PM   #71
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Bump. Still looking for a fix. Any ideas?
Bigalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:16 PM   #72
ghost_l2yder

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
You could always try using the led sockets so you don't need to splice anything...
ghost_l2yder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #73
Bigalamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_l2yder View Post
You could always try using the led sockets so you don't need to splice anything...
I’m not sure what you mean.. I have the afterburners spliced into the socket’s wires, but clipping the inner filaments on the bulb caused no change. I’m trying to have the actual tail light LED bulbs turn on only when braking or using turn signal.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:24 AM   #74
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
"And also the the double-sided tape lost it’s adhesion due to the cold weather".

I did not trust just the tape to adhere the LED strip, since they don't really form fit to the Lens profile. I used some clear dabs of epoxy on mine. Last thing I wanted was for them to peel and drop.

And - I don't understand this, or what it would do?

"but clipping the inner filaments on the bulb caused no change. I’m trying to have the actual tail light LED bulbs turn on only when braking or using turn signal."
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:11 PM   #75
Bigalamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
"And also the the double-sided tape lost it’s adhesion due to the cold weather".

I did not trust just the tape to adhere the LED strip, since they don't really form fit to the Lens profile. I used some clear dabs of epoxy on mine. Last thing I wanted was for them to peel and drop.

And - I don't understand this, or what it would do?

"but clipping the inner filaments on the bulb caused no change. I’m trying to have the actual tail light LED bulbs turn on only when braking or using turn signal."
Sorry, didn’t see this reply before. Good idea with the epoxy! And I read in the install that you clip the middle wire filaments on the bulbs so that when you have parking lights on, only the afterburners are lit. So once you hit the blinker or the brake, it will then turn on the actual taillight bulbs. Unfortunately, this hasn’t worked for me. I’m trying to run with just the afterburners on without the bulbs flooding the lens.