Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #15
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus754 View Post
Sorry I was mistaken... Thought I saw 7 but it's 6.1

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205538
Lol! I was wondering where you got that figure. Chevy has the 2LS at 5.9 seconds, and that's with the 2.91 gears. A synergy green RS with the 3.27 gears did it in 5.7 seconds. That is identical to the GS.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I would take that GS 350 F over the LT everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #17
Lateralus754

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I'm not paying 54k I get it at 42k and in a lease so really only paying for 20k of which they pay 450 a month

Vitesse Throttle Controller
Elite Catch Can
Solo Match-X-LFX Cat Back Exhaust
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Lateralus754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I'm not paying 54k I get it at 42k and in a lease so really only paying for 20k of which they pay 450 a month
Some things to think about:

1) What happens if you only move 9 cars one month? Do they prorate the $450 or do you lose it all? Is having expenses go up at the same time your revenue is going down ever a good thing?

2) Is this something that is available to you at anytime or do you have to "enroll" when you first start working there? If you can wait, then wouldn't it be better to see what kind of units you can push, and save some money as a buffer for the "lean" months while you are waiting? If they make you "enroll" quickly, then isn't this just a gimmick to generate "house" sales that don't pay a commission?

3) What happens if you don't like the car? Will you get the same break a regular customer would for buyer's remorse?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:10 AM   #19
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
I'd never drive a Lexus, but that's just me.

Sounds like the stealerships work their 'magic' on employees too.

If you're fired, don't make your quota, get cold feet, any reason, you're stuck.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #20
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
With a steal like that man grab the lexus kiss the camaro goodbye, when you get sick of the lexus sell and get an SS.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
The money is from my dealership. It's part of my pay plan. Sell at least 10 cars a month and you get $450 towards a lexus. I also get ridiculous discounts on the cars. I never keep a car more than 2 years. Being in the car business I can buy them way bellow cost drive for a year or two and get out even or make a few bucks. It only has 306hp but it has a 0-60 of 5.7 seconds which humiliates the LFX's 7 seconds. I if I leave I lose the $450 allowance but still have a GS F sport that will probably have equity at the end of the lease because of the deal i get.
It's not a lease if you have equity, because you don't actually own the car. Lexus does, or whomever their financial intermediary is.

If you lose your job, leave your job, or only move 9 cars/month, you are still liable for the lease.

At the end of the the lease, you either give back the car as agreed, or you buy the car for whatever the residual value was agreed to be at the lease inception, or worse, it might be an open-ended lease where the residual is determined at the end of the lease. Try buying a car when you have no job- they won't give you a loan.

I'd pass, all day long. They're asking you to assume a lot of risk, in exchange for free advertising on their behalf.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #22
Lateralus754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
It's not a lease if you have equity, because you don't actually own the car. Lexus does, or whomever their financial intermediary is.

If you lose your job, leave your job, or only move 9 cars/month, you are still liable for the lease.

At the end of the the lease, you either give back the car as agreed, or you buy the car for whatever the residual value was agreed to be at the lease inception, or worse, it might be an open-ended lease where the residual is determined at the end of the lease. Try buying a car when you have no job- they won't give you a loan.

I'd pass, all day long. They're asking you to assume a lot of risk, in exchange for free advertising on their behalf.
You can have equity in a lease. You only lose equity if you turn the car in. I can trade it in one day before the lease expires and retain my equity. I have my customers do it all the time.

In regards to sales. I've been doing it for a while. I was the Infiniti store up the street for a year an a half and averaged 15 cars a month. The lexus dealer I am now is number one in the state and has so much more volume than the infiti did. Sold about 150 to 180 new and used at infiniti. This Lexus dealer does 280 to 300 with the same amount of sales people.

The group I work for doesn't just fire people. You have to either do something incredibly stupid or sell less than 6 cars for 3 months straight. So I am not too worried about that.

Elite Catch Can
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Old 03-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #23
Lateralus754

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Some things to think about:

1) What happens if you only move 9 cars one month? Do they prorate the $450 or do you lose it all? Is having expenses go up at the same time your revenue is going down ever a good thing?

2) Is this something that is available to you at anytime or do you have to "enroll" when you first start working there? If you can wait, then wouldn't it be better to see what kind of units you can push, and save some money as a buffer for the "lean" months while you are waiting? If they make you "enroll" quickly, then isn't this just a gimmick to generate "house" sales that don't pay a commission?

3) What happens if you don't like the car? Will you get the same break a regular customer would for buyer's remorse?
I can do it at anytime I want. I don't want to wait too long because right now I have about $1200 in equity in my camaro, and its at 34k miles. So warranty is almost out as well.

Elite Catch Can
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 PM   #24
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
you must be smoking. 7 seconds!!?? more like 5.7-5.9
judkins75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #25
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Getting paid to drive a Lexus, go for it.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #26
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Are you leasing the current Camaro, or are you paying on a loan to own it? Leasing seems too much like renting to me. To each their own, but I rather own my car(s).
i agree 100%...if ya leasing the car then might as well turn it in. I like owning a car as well so if you are paying loans either try to keep both of them or keep just the camaro. If they are paying you to drive their car that means their car should not cost you anything except insurance and/or gas.... Like enterprise and car rental places and some dealers around here they will give you one of their cars to drive you just have to pay for insurance...

A true camaro fan wouldnt let her go (just saying)
Old 03-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #27
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
For most people, owning a car is an illusion. Most don't keep it and pay it off, most turn it sooner, take a loss and onto the next. That is why leasing is great, more options available to you. I was a finance manager, so I know that stuff well.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:24 AM   #28
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
I could have leased my 2013 1LS for $200/month. But I think leasing is too much like renting. If you're concerned with the warranty ending, buy an aftermarket warranty, or wait for gen6. Nothing against Lexus but if I had 40k or 80k I would probably fold it in half, and put it back in my pocket. It's the quickest way to double your money. The payment assistance thing sounds like a way to talk yourself into something that you don't really want. Nobody does quality (production) like Mercedes Benz. Good luck!
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote