Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
...btw- how did you get the video to come up like that?
use the youtube embed tags - [ u 2 b ] everything in the url code after "v=" [ / u 2 b ] (but remove all the spaces).
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #30
MikeBing

Drives: 2010 CGM/IO 2SS RS
this junk happened to me, and I had someone in the car. To say I felt like an idiot would be an absolute understatement. The clutch just stuck in the middle and moved in and out on it's own for a second before I got off the gas. I had the burning clutch smell for a few hours afterwards which scared me to death. This was a couple months ago, and I haven't messed with that again since. I'd love to know why this is happening.
MikeBing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #31
CBH
VETT 4 5

Drives: Yellow 1SS/RS w/ Clutch
Mike - what traction control setting did you have it on ?
CBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
So exactly how do you get the car to do a burnout? Just push the button once or push and hold the button for 7 seconds?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #33
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I've had the clutch stick 1/2 way up twice now. I also changed the brake/clutch fluid after the 1st time and it still did it a 2nd time. I wasn't even trying to do a burnout, just a fast takeoff - not in competitive mode, just normal driving. The clutch burning smell sucks! :(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #34
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
so the springs in the clutch are not fully compressing and releasing? I see a TSB or recall in the near future
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #35
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBH View Post
Now that I've got nearly 1,000 miles I thought I'd finally do a real burnout. I dropped the clutch about 4 - 5000 RPM and *thought* the tires were spinning, but the clutch pedal itself didn't seem to have engaged properly and clutch fumes filled the car for the next 10 miles.

Anybody with similar experience ?

Anybody had any luck with the dealer fixing a clutch under warranty ?

Clearly a bone stock car should have a clutch to handle this.
Read through this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32827

Change to Motul RBF600 fluid (is a DOT 4 fluid w/high boiling point), install separate clutch reservoir, and do periodic fluid swaps for clutch. Did this and problem never occured again. Corvette guys have had the same problem.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...utch+reservoir post #5 shows separate reservoir
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #36
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
mine will spin tires some and kick rear end out with everything on.. let alone turn stuff off.. or competition mode
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #37
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
The car will do rolling burnouts with all traction control stuff on just fine, but you got to do it fast. Don't slowly rev the engine up, mash it down like you do showing off the sound of your exhaust in your driveway, then dump the clutch fast, don't ride out the clutch like rolling out from a stoplight, the clutch heats up fast and can stick.

Turning every granny feature off though (hold the button for 7 sec) and hold onto your hat, you will do rolling burnouts well into 3rd gear... BE CAREFUL!

YEHAAWW!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #38
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
The car will do rolling burnouts with all traction control stuff on just fine, but you got to do it fast. Don't slowly rev the engine up, mash it down like you do showing off the sound of your exhaust in your driveway, then dump the clutch fast, don't ride out the clutch like rolling out from a stoplight, the clutch heats up fast and can stick.

Turning every granny feature off though (hold the button for 7 sec) and hold onto your hat, you will do rolling burnouts well into 3rd gear... BE CAREFUL!

YEHAAWW!
well i don;t think mine burns out 3rd gear.. maybe if you get tires real hot and greasey in first gear burnout then went up gears to 3rd riding brake a lil.. i havent tired though.. I just know car likes to go..
first gear u pop clutch it will cut tires loose good.. but when you flying down road and power shift 2nd it doesnt spin again just a chirp..
i cant wait to add some serious power to this car..
when tires are cold like first start going so easy to spin and kick ass end out.. just the stability control so rough when it kicks in LoL
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #39
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Read through this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32827

Change to Motul RBF600 fluid (is a DOT 4 fluid w/high boiling point), install separate clutch reservoir, and do periodic fluid swaps for clutch. Did this and problem never occured again. Corvette guys have had the same problem.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...utch+reservoir post #5 shows separate reservoir
I separated my clutch system also, I change the fluid (takes aprox 2 oz.) after every track day. It is really contaminated with clutch dust. That is what makes it stick. I've never had a problem, since doing this also.
Here's a link that explains what is happening:

http://rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

I highly recommend everyone on here look at this. It is highly informative and describes perfectly what you guys are having trouble with.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #40
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Yeah, this happened to me yesterday. I felt like a dingbat rookie yesterday. Not that I'm an expert, but I NEVER had a problem doing a burnout at the track. I went to Chevy Shootout yesterday and ran my car for the first time. They had nothing but Pro Street and Dragsters running, and I was jumping in for test & tune. Because they were doing huge burnouts, they kept hosing the track more than a street day and I was driving through a river to get to the line. I could NOT get a burnout going with traction control OFF. It was embarrassing. More embarrassing was I had so much water on my tires and no stick, that I slid first, when I banged second I slid again sideways.. WTF!! What a bad first day. I don't even want to post my numbers. I was so mad. I'm not going to the track until it's 100 degrees out next summer. OH! And Atco doesn't let you drive around the water. Another WTF for us stock tire car drivers. I'm really irritated at the track. I almost don't want to go back to ATCO.. WTF.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #41
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
This thread has been opened in a year!!!! Now look what cha done!!!! LOL
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #42
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
I wonder if they did 'somethig' to the traction control setting since the drive shafts kept breaking. Even when I drove in the snow, if I stepped on the gas my tires would spin uncontrollibly. The 'STABILITRAC' light will come on and tries to use the brakes to keep me straight, but there seems no correction of the power to the wheels. Plus the 'TRACTION CONTROL' light has never lit.

In an automatic vehicle the traction control will simply not allow the car to spin free, even in snow. This is obviously impossible with a clutch. So I really wonder if the traction control feature on manual transmission really does anything...at all?

I challenge you guys to experiment and see if there really is any tranction control!
The traction control does not completely prevent tire spin. I have an A6 and if I moderately stomp on it on wet or cold roads it will spin the tires, how much I'm not sure because with traction control on you get some very undesirable effects, you feel the traction control and it creates crazy wheel hop so I imediately back off. I could see this causing breakage.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote