Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #71
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Wow so many SS haha
Old 10-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #72
turbocrazy

Drives: Cadillac CTS & 2010 BLK SS/RS
I doubt the general public has any idea of all the camaro preordering that has been taking place and considering the state of our current nation I highly doubt too many people are looking to preorder any car 4-6 months in advance.
turbocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #73
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I hate to say it guys but if Chevrolet screws this one up, I might just go pick up a G8 GXP that is already on the lot and heavily marked down or....I almost puke thinking about it.....a Mustang.........Chevrolet can't afford not to capatalize on this one. They have to get this one right. It just doen't make sense to not have enough SS' to go around and piss off us enthusiasts who are not only going to buy these vehicles but basically be advertising for GM. Us Enthusiasts will promote them and spread the word...they gotta know this! Don't piss us off, I'm a fanboy just like everybody else on this board but you can only get slapped around so much before you bail...just ask Tina about Ike!
Or better yet, let's all go buy a Challenger with the 6.2 HEMI!? for What I am putting out for my Camaro, a few thousand more won't break the bank but it will show GM who is the customer base that they should pay attention to......

But than again, I want my camaro Enferno Orange RS/SS!!!! WA WA WA!!!
zforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #74
undeadswamp

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I suppose what I cannot understand is why they would not be able to fill the V8 orders that are made.

I can understand that they would not keep this kind of ratio between V8 and V6, and I don't think anyone expects that.

What I want to know is why they don't think, that with all of this prep time, they cannot ramp up SS production. Is the LS3 manufacturing line already that filled to capacity making them for corvettes? I don't expect they will slow corvette production to make camaro's but surely they can crank out more than 28,000(the number of LS3 corvettes produced for '08) LS3's. Also, some of those SS numbers are for L99's, like mine.

Anything other than the engine halting production of the SS is inexcusable. The LT2 has leather seats, albeit without the SS symbol, and virtually all of the options available on the SS are available on the LT1/2.
undeadswamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #75
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
yay no v6 shortage

lol know i want a v8 but im still considered a kid and insurance would be 400+ a month for me so v6
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #76
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
well they better figure out how to bc they are going to have some pissed off enthusiasts if we're gonna have to wait another six months
What do you mean? We're ALREADY pissed because we have to wait 2 years for a HUD and some undetermined amount of time for BLUE!!!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #77
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
...waiting for fbodfather...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #78
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by princevj28 View Post
I thought GM expects to sell close to 100,000 Camaros if not more in the first year.
I read in more than one publication that GM hopes to sell 80,000 to 100,000 Camaros a year. The first year will be less, since production isn't starting until mid-February and production will begin slowly and ramp up to speed as any isues are identified, addressed and corrected. The initial dealer allocations (through September 2009) took this into account, although GM made a point of including a disclaimer in the release of FAQ (frequently asked questions) absolving them should any unforeseen problems prevent them from producing any of the Camaros in the initial allocations.

The 30% V8 to 70% V6 split is historically accurate. Those are just about the exact split in Mustang sales of recent years. V8s are the image cars, but V6s always outsell them. GM had to plan for this, and they did. They may have time after seeing the initial pre-orders to adjust parts inventories and build more SS Camaros the first month. Or there will be constraints caused by parts shortages that cause numerous SS orders to be put on hold indefinitely until the shortages are corrected.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #79
srtclg1007

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i think alot of the people who really really really want one the first year are going to be v8 guys.
I agree. The split could very well be at LEAST 50/50 for the first year. I couldnt see the V8 numbers go much higher than that, even in the first year. The V8 numbers will probably slow down by this next summer. Camaros have always been a MANS (or WOMANS) performance car. Camaro guys have always been about the performance. GM knows this. MAybe the mustangs numbers could 70/30 in favor of V6, but not the camaros.... Even though our V6 is gonna be a sweet ride.

Ordered 10/13
1SS
Cyber Grey Metallic
White Rally Stripes
Manual Trans.
Boston Acoustics
+ Insert Grille
+Fuel Door
+4 pack gauges (if available)
srtclg1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #80
srtclg1007

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post

The 30% V8 to 70% V6 split is historically accurate. Those are just about the exact split in Mustang sales of recent years. V8s are the image cars, but V6s always outsell them. GM had to plan for this, and they did. They may have time after seeing the initial pre-orders to adjust parts inventories and build more SS Camaros the first month. Or there will be constraints caused by parts shortages that cause numerous SS orders to be put on hold indefinitely until the shortages are corrected.
Wow, i absolutely didnt read your post....

Ordered 10/13
1SS
Cyber Grey Metallic
White Rally Stripes
Manual Trans.
Boston Acoustics
+ Insert Grille
+Fuel Door
+4 pack gauges (if available)
srtclg1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #81
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
I read in more than one publication that GM hopes to sell 80,000 to 100,000 Camaros a year. The first year will be less, since production isn't starting until mid-February and production will begin slowly and ramp up to speed as any isues are identified, addressed and corrected. The initial dealer allocations (through September 2009) took this into account, although GM made a point of including a disclaimer in the release of FAQ (frequently asked questions) absolving them should any unforeseen problems prevent them from producing any of the Camaros in the initial allocations.

But the 2010 model year will also be incredibly long compared to average.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #82
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
What do you mean? We're ALREADY pissed because we have to wait 2 years for a HUD and some undetermined amount of time for BLUE!!!!!!
Not everybody's pissed...and 2 years? When did I miss this bit of news?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #83
gtofast

Drives: 08' f250
I hope a big engine Z/28 comes out the second year. That is the only reason I don't have a car ordered yet!
gtofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #84
95RedCamaroz28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
WHAT IS A HUD?
95RedCamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote