Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #673
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Taking my car in on Monday for this.....

Hopefully they'll get me sorted.....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #674
Wvallediego

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 RS SS
Wvallediego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #675
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Keep us posted please? Are you taking the TIS information to make sure you get the right part number ordered? Assuming they replace your PDIM, that is.
yes I am and I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #676
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
I took mine in today (Selman in Orange) for another reason and since it was there I asked if they could update the SW from version CC to CE. The service manager says they'd take a look it.

When it was done I was pleasantly surprised that they replaced the module with a new one that has the DA HW and DX SW. The service receipt write up states:
"Shorted module diagnosed and replaced multi-media module".

PN 20927509 - Module 9.6.8.0

And it was covered under warranty, no cost.

Don O
Attached Images

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #677
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Drove it around to a couple of places today and by god it can find the USB memory stick each time it's turned on and it even remembers that it is set to Random Play. Next test is to see if it can support more the 2500 songs. I have a 16 GB stick with about 5000 songs on it. Gonna try that tomorrow. So far so good.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #678
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
cool Don, good to know. I need to do this and thats the closest dealer to go to.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #679
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok. Took mine into the dealer today. I showed my service tech this page and the post made by SDCamaro10 and how there is a new part number, etc. They have ordered me the new PDIM and part number listed above. Here's the story below.

I've had my service tech update the PDIM long ago thinking it was done correctly. I took it to another dealer for an oil change and had them check the PDIM for me because the problem was still there. As it turns out, it was never updated correctly. They updated it to the CC CE software. It still had problems (no device found when ANY type of USB was plugged in, would pick up at the beginning of the USB, etc). I took it a few weeks ago to my regular dealer asking them to check it again. They said the problem was with the USB port. I told them it was a software issue and it needed the new update. They changed the USB plug out saying it was fixed. No dice. He tried showing me saying "it's worked every time since we changed it out." He sat down, turned it on, and low and behold, "No data found on device, bla bla bla".... So, same old story. I took it in this morning, showed them the info here, and voila, ordering me a new PDIM so we can get the DX DA software/updates.

I'll let you know how it goes.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #680
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
The only problem I have with mine when I plug my iPhone 4 in, is that it doesn't show the tracks I have on my phone, until i page down a few pages. When I look at playlist, forget it, it get's lost. I would be looking at a BOSTON playlist and it would be showing me a Beatles Playlist. Will this HW/SW fix my problems? BTW, My sound is fine in my car. Another issue I have had is that mine would lock right up. Even if I unplugged my iPhone from the USB port, it would not reconginze it at all. I would have to let the car be turned off for a few minutes up to a 1/2 hour before it would let see it again.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #681
GTAHVIT
Blessed

GRRRRRRRR

They are giving me the "not compatible with 4th gen Ipod...." excuse... Meaning. "not our problem...."

I then had to give him all the Tis2web information. Part numbers etc....

So we'll see.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #682
Z06TECH
37 years GM Master

Drives: 99 Z28 / 04 Silverado / 05 Softail
GTAHVIT,
I still am trying to sort out the problem with your USB. I contact GMTAC and they run me in circles. I will diligently attack your problem in the morning with the info I found here tonight. A lot of information gets lost in the relay between you, the advisor and the tech. Your software is current and no updates are available. At this point all I can tell you is what TAC tells me. I know it sounds like an excuse but GM has some pretty lame rules. Your SS has been kept inside safe and warm. Tomorrow is a new day!
Mike
Z06TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #683
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok. Took mine into the dealer today. I showed my service tech this page and the post made by SDCamaro10 and how there is a new part number, etc. They have ordered me the new PDIM and part number listed above. Here's the story below.

I've had my service tech update the PDIM long ago thinking it was done correctly. I took it to another dealer for an oil change and had them check the PDIM for me because the problem was still there. As it turns out, it was never updated correctly. They updated it to the CC CE software. It still had problems (no device found when ANY type of USB was plugged in, would pick up at the beginning of the USB, etc). I took it a few weeks ago to my regular dealer asking them to check it again. They said the problem was with the USB port. I told them it was a software issue and it needed the new update. They changed the USB plug out saying it was fixed. No dice. He tried showing me saying "it's worked every time since we changed it out." He sat down, turned it on, and low and behold, "No data found on device, bla bla bla".... So, same old story. I took it in this morning, showed them the info here, and voila, ordering me a new PDIM so we can get the DX DA software/updates.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Any update on this?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #684
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06TECH View Post
GTAHVIT,
I still am trying to sort out the problem with your USB. I contact GMTAC and they run me in circles. I will diligently attack your problem in the morning with the info I found here tonight. A lot of information gets lost in the relay between you, the advisor and the tech. Your software is current and no updates are available. At this point all I can tell you is what TAC tells me. I know it sounds like an excuse but GM has some pretty lame rules. Your SS has been kept inside safe and warm. Tomorrow is a new day!
Mike
MIKE!

Thanks man for looking me up here. That's pretty damn cool.

I have to admit some fault here.... I never actually checked my version numbers... DA/DX.... I just assumed (we know what that means) that since mine was an earlier build i needed the new PDIM since I was having similar problems to everyone else....

Thanks again for looking in to this.

I'll go from Ver 4 to 4.1 on my Itouch and see if that helps.

Thanks for fixing the other minor stuff I brought the car in for...

All in all the service was great over there... I'm more than willing to keep troubleshooting mine till we figure it out. If I keep having the problem I'll let you know.

Thanks for keeping #22 safe and sound for me
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #685
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06TECH View Post
GTAHVIT,
Mike
MIIIIIIIIIIIKE....

chu gat sum splainin tew dew........

Just took this pic of my PDIM HW SW version... I don't have the latest... the latest is DA DX not CC CE.

What do you suggest we do to get this fixed..

Thanks,
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #686
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
^^^ Updated hardware is needed, right?