Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #1303
StCustomsNC

Drives: RCR Street Performance 2010 Camro
StCustomsNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #1304
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
workin on the same thing with a c6 intake , i just messed around atm but i think it will work. thinking thats a winter project as i have to much going on atm,

also who makes a good heater hose relocation kit , i know there are a few out there now
IMO, the best heater hose relocation option is to use the 2012+ heater hoses from GM. They are reasonably priced and really tuck away.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #1305
StCustomsNC

Drives: RCR Street Performance 2010 Camro
Had to show ours off

StCustomsNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #1306
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCustomsNC View Post
Had to show ours off

Sorry, Heather I beat you to it many pages ago!
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #1307
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Laditee post some pics of your engine here, you've done a great job!

Hey Stache, it looks like your thinking and mine are in line. You wont go wrong with anything the Ring Brothers make, all their stuff is top shelf! I'm also going to remove all the hood latching mechanism.

As far as the CAI, I have been giving a lot of thought on how to create a stream line setup. I currently waiting for a C6 intake from Vararam. I'm going to be doing a some test fitting with it. I'm looking to cut off a portion of the rad support. This will allow run the intake under the support and above the radiator without a need to tilt the radiator forward. I'm also planning on hiding the radiator under the support, so you wont see it. To fill the radiator, I'm putting a filler cap in the middle of the upper radiator hose line.

Sort of yes along the same lines.. my thoughts though are a shorter aluminum (custom)radiator that opens up about a 3-4 inch gap along the top.

The idea is to have a flat filter and have the filter at 90 degrees to the flow of air (front of car to back). that way it filters without changing the airflow and then acts like the honeycomb on the vararam to reduce pulsing while maximizing flow rate.

Going to have to draw up a diagram one of these days...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #1308
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
Here is the part number to change the unsightly EVAP purge tube that runs over the throttle body and the EVAP purge tube that runs from the solenoid to near the fuel line. They come in a pack of 2. From Summitracing but drop shipped from Dorman.

Summit part number RNB800-123, and the disconnect tool for the metal end near the fuel line is RNB 800-009. Buy what ever size fuel line you need for a hose and you are set. Dorman's part number is without the RNB.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-49076-800-123.aspx

Nathan you can add this part # to the OP if you want, it got buried the first time I posted it.
WOW- Exactly what I was searching for - Thank You for sharing
Mods: Air Raid C.A.I., Custom Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned , LPE 3.91 Gears, BMR Differential Bushings, R/X Oil Catch Can, X-Pipe, Borla Exhaust, MGW Shifter, Hawk-HPS, SS brake lines, BMR front & rear sway bars, BMR rear sway bar end links, Pedders front radius rod bushings, Spohn front sway bar end links, BMR rack/pinion bushing, BMR Coils 1" drop, BMR Trailing Arm, BMR Toe Rods, Pedders Sub-Frame bushings, BMR Sub-frame Connectors, BMR Driveshaft Tunnel Braces, GM Strut tower brace, custom painted bowties
copper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #1309
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
IMO, the best heater hose relocation option is to use the 2012+ heater hoses from GM. They are reasonably priced and really tuck away.
I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Sorry, Heather I beat you to it many pages ago!
Hi Heather, welcome to the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
Sort of yes along the same lines.. my thoughts though are a shorter aluminum (custom)radiator that opens up about a 3-4 inch gap along the top.

The idea is to have a flat filter and have the filter at 90 degrees to the flow of air (front of car to back). that way it filters without changing the airflow and then acts like the honeycomb on the vararam to reduce pulsing while maximizing flow rate.

Going to have to draw up a diagram one of these days...
Stache that a great idea. Thats why I like posting my thoughts on here. This is like a big master mind session were we can all benefit from sharing different options. I heard once that "Nobody Has a Monopoly on Good Ideas"

I did a little cutting a grinding today to make room for the radiator to good under the rad support. I still have some more modding to do but it's getting there.

You can see here where the rad support interferes with the radiator going in.

Name:  IMG_0633.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  151.0 KB

This is the section that needed removing

Name:  IMG_0634.jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  165.9 KB

I flatten it first with a hammer and dolly and finish with a cutting wheel and sanding disc.

Name:  IMG_0653.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  148.9 KB

Once I did both side the radiator went Other than two areas I will address tomorrow.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #1310
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Here's what I've been looking into doing. Something along the lines of this Stevenson Grand Am car's OTR.

Maybe instead of building one on my own, it'd be simplier to just source the same intake and radiator?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=2
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #1311
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCustomsNC View Post
Had to show ours off

This is the look I have been looking for. I see you dipped the whole manifold and the valve cover system is what Im interested in to get that old school look. Can you PM me some pointers please...thank you it looks awesome!!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #1312
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
This is the look I have been looking for. I see you dipped the whole manifold and the valve cover system is what Im interested in to get that old school look. Can you PM me some pointers please...thank you it looks awesome!!
PM sent
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #1313
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Hey Nathan,
Can you please post some more details on the process you use to polish the aluminum parts?

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #1314
Synner

Drives: cars
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/images/Buffbook.pdf

What questions do you have?
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #1315
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Hey Nathan,
Can you please post some more details on the process you use to polish the aluminum parts?
Hey Pyr0b0y, I'm glad that Synner jumped in. He is our resident polisher and more qualified to answer any polishing questions than anybody else on here. You should see the water pump he did. So he's your man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Synner, thanks for lending your help and advice!

Just a quick update.........and quite frankly, I am BEAT!!!! Been working on the mounting the radiator forward adn under the rad support.

You could barely see it and it's not even all the way in as it will be. It still had some areas I needed massaging.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  101.5 KB

Here a better view

Name:  2 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  135.8 KB

Notice how much space between the top of the rad support and the top of the radiator....... This is were I'm going to run the C5-C6 Air intake.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  175.6 KB

The two nuts were part of what was causing radiator from sitting flush. So I had to grind them down.

Name:  044.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  197.9 KB

I just about removed most everything in the bay including brake lines, wipers, harness, power steering pump and lines, condenser, etc..... not much left.

Name:  004 (2).jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  119.2 KB

Notice there's two sets of harness, one is dedicated to all the engine and trans connectors. The second harness is for all the accessories, lights, horns, wiper, etc, etc, etc......

Name:  034.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  122.7 KB

Here is a little evidence of when my car almost caught on fire when my ABS line got smoking hot and the whole bay was engulfed in smoke. Notice how the line melted the plastic clamp.

Name:  029.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  223.1 KB

This picture shows were it fried the fabric. anything that it touched got burnt!

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  133.3 KB

In summery, its been a couple of days of one step forward and two step back. After I had the radiator in, I tried mounting the condenser and ......... I'm just going to go to the movies and see "Total Recall", I need a break!

By the way, if anybody has a factory stock intake manifold and no need for it, lease PM me a price, I'm looking for one to do a little experimenting.

Last edited by Moreno1; 08-06-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #1316
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Great thread! Heres mine so far....

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote