Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #281
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
It's not just the remote problem with these units, I have read so many issues from members it's just outragous that they put out a product that has the potential for so many problems. I've seen bunches of people that had to get a replacement unit because their original units failed under warranty or didn't work right out of the box.

Don't get me wrong I really like the looks of the unit and I want one but I'm not going to do the install myself and I'm afraid my wallet will be eaten up by labor cost just trying to get the unit to work. Then if it doesn't work out of the box I have the cost of install....destall....install. Has anyone ever heard of a piece of electronics that has had so many failures and/or problems?

It is shocking that Scosche is selling every unit they make, it's like they can't make them fast enough. I don't get it.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #282
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
most people dont come on these forums so they trust that it will work.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #283
jjwvette

Drives: Corvette StingRay
Well I finally found someplace that makes the MyLink with Nav for the 2010 thru 2013 Camaro for under $2000 and $1500 without Nav

And it's all GM
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #284
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
Well I finally found someplace that makes the MyLink with Nav for the 2010 thru 2013 Camaro for under $2000 and $1500 without Nav

And it's all GM
Please share!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #285
jjwvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Please share!
I don't think they are on this forum and someone here has been trying to get a buy started and don't want to step on anyone's toes

PM me and I'll send you the link
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #286
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Mylink issues

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287737

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287367
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #287
jjwvette

I would rather have a GM issue then some POS company that took the money and ran
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #288
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
I just bought a Pioneer touch screen with Scosche kit from another C5 member.
Got everything installed, but steering wheel controls would not function properly. Installer tried for more than an hour. Then while driving, suddenly, they began working normally, no propblems since. Wierd.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #289
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
I would rather have a GM issue then some POS company that took the money and ran
you do know if you go with that upgrade GM will not fix any of your issues right since they dont authorize that upgrade?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #290
jjwvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
you do know if you go with that upgrade GM will not fix any of your issues right since they dont authorize that upgrade?
GM can do that with any after market item you put on your car if they feel that upgrade caused the issue
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #291
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
GM can do that with any after market item you put on your car if they feel that upgrade caused the issue
Dont think im going back and forth with you bud cause im really not but just concerned about your comments. You stated you would rather deal with Gm than a POS company... well unfortunately if you upgrade to MYlink when your car did not come with Mylink then GM wont help you. The Mylink upgrade is not an official upgrade that Gm allows thus they will not help you. So you will still be stuck with POS service in my opinion.

i like the Mylink upgrade so i hope everything goes well with you and you dont have any mylink issues. I personally can not go that route because i want my own head unit to get better audio
Old 02-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #292
jjwvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
Dont think im going back and forth with you bud cause im really not but just concerned about your comments. You stated you would rather deal with Gm than a POS company... well unfortunately if you upgrade to MYlink when your car did not come with Mylink then GM wont help you. The Mylink upgrade is not an official upgrade that Gm allows thus they will not help you. So you will still be stuck with POS service in my opinion.

i like the Mylink upgrade so i hope everything goes well with you and you dont have any mylink issues. I personally can not go that route because i want my own head unit to get better audio
My bone was never with you bud,just the POS makers of the unit.
And my comments are all true, just don't want to see anyone else pay all that money and end up with crap.
So I'll spend alittle more money for something that'll work and looks good in my dash and doesn't cover up my gauge's.

Where did you get your info that GM won't help with any problems with the MyLink.
Maybe you need to find a dealer with a better service department
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #293
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Just to put it out there. i have the schosche kit with a pioneer head unit and i have the same problem with less than 10 feet of range on the keyless entry after the install. also sometimes if i start the car to quickly after putting the key in it will continually beep ( as if the door is open/no seat belt) untill i either turn the car off, open the door and then turn it back on . or i can turn on the emergency flashers on then of and the beeping stops. this happens once every few weeks or so at most. other than that im happy with it and it works well for me.
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #294
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
My bone was never with you bud,just the POS makers of the unit.
And my comments are all true, just don't want to see anyone else pay all that money and end up with crap.
So I'll spend alittle more money for something that'll work and looks good in my dash and doesn't cover up my gauge's.

Where did you get your info that GM won't help with any problems with the MyLink.
Maybe you need to find a dealer with a better service department
Mylink conversion are not covered by GM because they are not authorized upgrade by GM. If u would have followed the beginning of the conversion story you would have seen tha GM thinks this conversion is not possible. When they pull up your vin it will show you don't have a mylink and you won't be covered for any issues you have related to your stereo and possibly HVAC. They will consider what you did aftermarket and treat it as such. Your spending allot, not a little, more money for that conversion kit so just make sure u understand the warranty