Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

No, the worst luck in the world would be having your brakes fail at 100mph, and rear-ending a semi, ending in a gory decapitation. Buuuuttt....that's another story.
You must be talking about the guy in the burgundy C5? Those were some pics for sure!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #16
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
WOW cry a river, you took the chance and brought a car that was out of warranty and now you are mad that they won't cover someone elses mistake. If what you say is true you need to go after the dealer not GM. Understand business and the complex of the situation instead on automatically blaming GM for somethine they didn't do. You should have been patient and waited for your Camaro anyway, you weren't in QC hold that long others were there a lot longer. including myself.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Wheeeee let's blame GM for other people's stupidity.

Your dealer and GM are two separate entities. GM doesn't have the time or money or resources to spend every single day breathing down its dealers' necks. I'm sorry that your dealer sucks, but that doesn't mean GM is at fault.

But then again, GM's an easier target, right?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #18
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
PM me the VIN of the Vette
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #19
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
yup........never had that problem at Ford........
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #20
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Wheeeee let's blame GM for other people's stupidity.

Your dealer and GM are two separate entities. GM doesn't have the time or money or resources to spend every single day breathing down its dealers' necks. I'm sorry that your dealer sucks, but that doesn't mean GM is at fault.

But then again, GM's an easier target, right?
The perception you speak of is something which I have been trying to get through to GM. Dealers are the face of GM. You understand the difference because you are a dealer.

Most consumers see no difference between GM and it's dealers and to some degree, this perception has been encouraged by GM through their marketing models. Until you dealerships are treated as suppliers by GM instead of customers (which is absolutely stupid IMO), don't start shitting on the consumer.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
CamKam

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The perception you speak of is something which I have been trying to get through to GM. Dealers are the face of GM. You understand the difference because you are a dealer.

Most consumers see no difference between GM and it's dealers and to some degree, this perception has been encouraged by GM through their marketing models. Until you dealerships are treated as suppliers by GM instead of customers (which is absolutely stupid IMO), don't start shitting on the consumer.
You said it Hylton! Thanks! GM does need to realize that lots of people do not see any separation between the dealers and GM. GM will need to fix this - either at a dealership level or some other way if they truly want to re-invent the brand. I am GM loyal through and through - so I would buy from them no matter what, they have taken very good care of me over the years and I know I am not a special case.
CamKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #22
zweb620
Account Suspended

Drives: Don't have one yet.
I WOULDN'T TRUST THEM,I'D DO MY OWN OIL CHANGE.SORRY THOUGH.GOODLUCK.
zweb620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #23
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Holy hell people, I am saying the dealers are idiots because I would bet money that some how that piece or rag got in it at its last oil change. I am saying GM is an idiot because it was GM in OSHAWA that called me and said my car doesn't have enough miles on it and hasn't been off warranty long enough to cover it, they said they WOULD cover it if it had been off warranty for longer with more miles. SO when I cry about warranty being expired, well apparently there are situations where GM would cover things, hell my 2003 duramax with 200,000kms just got all 8 injectors replaced, $4K worth of work, and I bought the truck privately, and the dealer I took it to the flipped the bill. What they are saying to me is if the car had 0 miles on it and was 5 months off warranty, they would not cover it, that is why im fighting it is because it just isn't right. I am pissed at GM about the camaro because it sat available to ship for 23 days. Ridiculous. Like I said, some peoples cars were literally rolling off the assembly line and onto the train that were identical to the car I ordered. And it was 2 crappy dealers in total, I called the service manager of the GM dealer who did the last oil change and he just played stupid saying the oil filler cap isn't big enough to get a rag in, well it is, i checked. In my mind if the car has NO history of being worked on anywhere but GM (and I do have the previous service records from dealers, not much though as the car has no miles there for no reason to be services besides oil changes) and this happens with only 10K on a 2006 car, if GM really wanted to stand by there service they would cover this. Basically the only miles put on it after oil change were me driving it home from the previous owner. Also, the inspection my dealer did on the car happened about 40 minutes before this happened to me on my way home and the inspection was done the morning after I bought the car. So I literally didn't even get the car home.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #24
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
Holy hell people, I am saying the dealers are idiots because I would bet money that some how that piece or rag got in it at its last oil change. I am saying GM is an idiot because it was GM in OSHAWA that called me and said my car doesn't have enough miles on it and hasn't been off warranty long enough to cover it, they said they WOULD cover it if it had been off warranty for longer with more miles. SO when I cry about warranty being expired, well apparently there are situations where GM would cover things, hell my 2003 duramax with 200,000kms just got all 8 injectors replaced, $4K worth of work, and I bought the truck privately, and the dealer I took it to the flipped the bill. What they are saying to me is if the car had 0 miles on it and was 5 months off warranty, they would not cover it, that is why im fighting it is because it just isn't right. I am pissed at GM about the camaro because it sat available to ship for 23 days. Ridiculous. Like I said, some peoples cars were literally rolling off the assembly line and onto the train that were identical to the car I ordered. And it was 2 crappy dealers in total, I called the service manager of the GM dealer who did the last oil change and he just played stupid saying the oil filler cap isn't big enough to get a rag in, well it is, i checked. In my mind if the car has NO history of being worked on anywhere but GM (and I do have the previous service records from dealers, not much though as the car has no miles there for no reason to be services besides oil changes) and this happens with only 10K on a 2006 car, if GM really wanted to stand by there service they would cover this. Basically the only miles put on it after oil change were me driving it home from the previous owner. Also, the inspection my dealer did on the car happened about 40 minutes before this happened to me on my way home and the inspection was done the morning after I bought the car. So I literally didn't even get the car home.
You probably got bad info for whatever person you talked to about the warranty, one person says one thing and the next person you talk too will say they were wrong. As far as you complaining about the Camaro sitting and others getting theirs before you. OH WELL that shit happens, your car got flagged for additional testing big deal this happens in business but its clear you don't get it either that or you're a spoiled brat who believes you should have everything your way. Like I said my car sat in QC for over 40 days and some people got theirs before me and didn't have to sit in QC. Oh well no need to be mad about it, just cause its the same car as yours doesn't mean yours didn't need extra attention. GET REAL sir.

And another thing the warranty is 3years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first. Thats most warranties on any car so no one has to do anything for you, so quit thinking just because it has low miles they should cover it. It's clear it's pasted the three year mark. Either understand how this works or STOP buying cars all together because no company GM, Toyota, Ford or BMW is going to give you special treatment because you think you should get it. Plenty of people are buying expensive cars your not the only one.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #25
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:

And because dealers are the face of GM to the public, they should be held accountable for their actions...whether it be about good/bad sales practices or good/bad service for the customer...use a point/rating system and tie it to allocations up to and including termination of the license with GM for bad performance. The rest of us are held to expectations in our workplaces, why shouldn't dealers be?
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
And because dealers are the face of GM to the public, they should be held accountable for their actions...whether it be about good/bad sales practices or good/bad service for the customer...use a point/rating system and tie it to allocations up to and including termination of the license with GM for bad performance. The rest of us are held to expectations in our workplaces, why shouldn't dealers be?
Some will say that this currently exists with the CSI program. Problem there is that there is little to no transparency to the public. In other words, the public never sees the results of the CSI survey.

What is needed a program that allows customers to see the both the good and bad of all GM dealerships. This will allow the consumer to make an educated decision before buying or leaving their car with someone.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #27
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Some will say that this currently exists with the CSI program. Problem there is that there is little to no transparency to the public. In other words, the public never sees the results of the CSI survey.

What is needed a program that allows customers to see the both the good and bad of all GM dealerships. This will allow the consumer to make an educated decision before buying or leaving their car with someone.
Well I could see that the dealers need to have time to improve based on customer ratings...but it would be good if the public could see a "Preferred Dealer" list based on customer feedback...not so much to be driven away from a dealer receiving low ratings...but to know where they could go based on dealers that earn high customer ratings. The recent ebay experiment was largely a flop, but one good thing about ebay is that you can see seller ratings, which do inform buying decisions in that venue.
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #28
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Sir, I work for the company you dislike so much.

but, i do not blame you for being so upset. Each dealer is independantly owned. GM only actually owns about a handful of dealers in North America. You will see this change in the near future, they are not happy with the independant dealers service or lack there of.

For someone to buy a GM flagship with so many low miles on it, with service records at a GM DEALERSHIP and have the dealer turn around and wave you off for a Technician's f*ckup is beyond reality.

The channels that they have gone through, i can bet you my left nut, they NEVER actually contacted GM themselves on the matter.

They WOULD have contactd the GM rep for their area, who in turn makes the big man shots. He never would have called GM as it's his job to make the call.

What they are doing to you is railroading. NO ONE anymore can take account for their own actions, or their employees's

Your best course of action is to retain a lawyer, notify the local media "the dealer will NOT like this, especially in this shakey automotive time, he may move off his ass for you" and put of flyers about said dealer.

MOST GM reps i have had the displeasure of dealing with are scum. Half of them shouldent even have the job. Case in point, my 07 NBS silverado. Black on Black. my right rear crew cab door has thin paint beside my rear window. very visable basecoat in the light "brown"

Took me 3 MONTHS and 3 dealers and 3 different reps to admit there was a problem and then 2 more months to get them to agree to paint it. AFTER i proved to them i worked in the truck plant paint shop at the time and showed them the notices about think paint issues on black coats from vin xxx to vin xxx. My truck fell in between.

It took a phone call to Aurto Elias "GM Canada president" who was NOT happy how i got his home number "lol" to get movement going.
i work for the company and spent $56k on my truck, a year after i bought my NEW 06 silverado from them.

I never got the paint job done because the dealer who finally said they would do it, would not warrenty the work because "we can't match the factory black, WTF am I retarded?" and she was a huge total super mega bitch the whole time. I canceled all my parts orders from there and closed my account "I am a licensed Auto technician as well" and told them that you can forget about my bringing my truck back next march when i order a new one because your service is the worst i have ever seen.

So i know what your going through, and DONT stop fighting!!! EVER
YOU WILL get results, dealers despise bad press, a letter or email to the local media could change their minds as i said.

If you need any acutal GM phone numbers, i have a list of them that MAY come in handy to you.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote