Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #15
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Try "camaro5". It works for some sites.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #16
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacle13 View Post
Why is the company name censored here? Do the mods not like the site or something?
Non-sponsors are not allowed to advertise and Steve made the decision not to become a sponsor. The company name is banned because there was more going on to circumvent the process while ignoring the C5 admins and he got caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
Something between the forums ( many) and them happened. thats what i know. i feel their prices are very high and misleading on some information. shipping on a 3oz harness is 16 bucks. took 5 days to get. did it work? no because not all amps can take speaker level inputs via RCA. so i had to get a DSP or a Line converter to use it.
It's $16 because because morons in today's society claim their item wasn't shipped and will attempt to get their money back while keeping the merchandise. Amps not accepting a high level input are unrelated to the vendor. Do your research before placing an order next time. Low level inputs are designed for ~2V max and you can do serious electrical damage dropping over voltage into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
And that's their fault somehow? Did you actually speak with them and tell them what you were doing or just ordered the part?
This

Quote:
I attempted to discuss it with them. steve told me it must be my issue because he uses his no problem. it literally heated my rca cavles ( not walmart ones. very good ones from fosgate top of the line and NVX ones top of the line sets ) and make the sound screech. I measured the signal with a voltmeter and it was not 6v like he claims. it was well over the 6v. therfore it was a hi level out for speakers. the " amp" boston provided was merely a distribution from 4 to 9 with a bump in power supposedly. So in order to use it either get amps with HI in over rca ( JL and kicker mainly ) or get a LOC or DSP. He refused to listen to the proof i had and eventually just stopped providing customer service all together. Would i buy from them again? No, due to horrible customer service and misleading information.
The stock HU puts out over 8V (aftermarket easily double that) and RCA wires are not designed to handle this load, I've seen car fires started from inexperienced installers for this exact thing. It wouldn't surprise me if he called you out on it, he has little patience for this and runs a very efficient business. He doesn't have time to baby sit and will let you know about it in a heart beat.

Steve offers great plug-n-play solutions for our vehicles at more than reasonable pricing. If anyone has reasonable knowledge of car audio and looking for solid products, Steve can fill that niche very conveniently. Hell, he has full installation videos and diagrams for half his stuff and a solid 5 star vendor. If anyone is looking for full service support for the products you purchase online, has extremely thin skin wanting everything pristine perfect for free, then I suggest DIY, buying from Crutchfield or paying retail from your local custom shop.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #17
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Non-sponsors are not allowed to advertise and Steve made the decision not to become a sponsor. The company name is banned because there was more going on to circumvent the process while ignoring the C5 admins and he got caught.

It's $16 because because morons in today's society claim their item wasn't shipped and will attempt to get their money back while keeping the merchandise. Amps not accepting a high level input are unrelated to the vendor. Do your research before placing an order next time. Low level inputs are designed for ~2V max and you can do serious electrical damage dropping over voltage into it.

This

The stock HU puts out over 8V (aftermarket easily double that) and RCA wires are not designed to handle this load, I've seen car fires started from inexperienced installers for this exact thing. It wouldn't surprise me if he called you out on it, he has little patience for this and runs a very efficient business. He doesn't have time to baby sit and will let you know about it in a heart beat.

Steve offers great plug-n-play solutions for our vehicles at more than reasonable pricing. If anyone has reasonable knowledge of car audio and looking for solid products, Steve can fill that niche very conveniently. Hell, he has full installation videos and diagrams for half his stuff and a solid 5 star vendor. If anyone is looking for full service support for the products you purchase online, has extremely thin skin wanting everything pristine perfect for free, then I suggest DIY, buying from Crutchfield or paying retail from your local custom shop.

Honestly insurance isnt that pricey even via UPS. I have shipped/sold/bought many times amazon ebay, c5 etc. So i know what you mean.

Also This is why i tell people he is wrong with his voltage output because i measured 8v+ and he emailed me directly with around 6v which is photo attached. I do my research and the fact he as the seller and company falsified information then turned the blame is why i do not recommend them ever unless you plan a DSP or LOC.

So yes i communicated with them directly.
Attached Images

Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #18
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

You resolved or still need help?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #19
Leo72793

Quote:
You resolved or still need help?
adding a dsp and converting the rca connector to a thicker wire ( used 9 conductor 4ch wire with rem ) wired to my DSP and it does all the work for me. Now if GM had a better BT streaming module id use that buy dear god it ruins the SQ so i bought my own GT4.0 to rca and ran it to the Aux port on the DSP
Old 10-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #20
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
adding a dsp and converting the rca connector to a thicker wire ( used 9 conductor 4ch wire with rem ) wired to my DSP and it does all the work for me. Now if GM had a better BT streaming module id use that buy dear god it ruins the SQ so i bought my own GT4.0 to rca and ran it to the Aux port on the DSP
Well done. OEM radios might be a good paperweight and even that is highly debatable.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:34 PM   #21
Leo72793

Quote:
Well done. OEM radios might be a good paperweight and even that is highly debatable.
Agreed. Sadly its just the BT in the camaro. the BT in the Equinox is very nicely done. i feel they used proper 3.0 or higher and the camaro 5th gens got a crappy 2.1 at most. I cant run active sasdly thanks to the door molex connector in the jamb.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:08 AM   #22
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Agreed. Sadly its just the BT in the camaro. the BT in the Equinox is very nicely done. i feel they used proper 3.0 or higher and the camaro 5th gens got a crappy 2.1 at most. I cant run active sasdly thanks to the door molex connector in the jamb.

That's like saying you can't go outside because the front door is closed. Just drill the hole.