Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Fixed the below for new Camaro owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by enVader View Post
Once the doors are locked, it should be:

1) Double pull handles to unlock/open
2) Remove key from ignition, doors unlock
3)a Look all over the drivers side door for an unlock button
3)b Look at the passenger door for an unlock button, hoping that maybe from a little farther away perspective you can find it on that door then locate it on the driver's side door
3)c Run your hand all along the inner panel of the driver's door trying to find the button
3)d Try to pull up on the door lock sticking out the top, like the older cars, after all, maybe the lock is retro too!
3)e Finally give up and use the key fob to unlock the doors
4) after repeating the stps outlined in 3a-3e several times, discoer the button on the radio / HVAC, mutter a bunch of expletives about GM, and then use the button to unlock the doors.

If I'm letting out a passenger, I've found myself doing number 3 because any new and some repeat passengers seem to get nervous when the first pull doesn't open the door.
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #16
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddikulus5Gen View Post
So after checking it out, I have verified that yes, with the auto-unlock on, the doors only unlock after the car is off and the key is taken out of the ignition. that works.

But, my original concern was that upon trying to open/unlock the passenger door from the inside while the doors are locked, that even after the 2 pulls, the door is still not open, it takes an additional 3rd pull for the passenger door, so is this something I
can fix or what should I do about it?

with the remote unlock, and the removal of key unlock, the passenger door unlocks fine, just with the pull-method, it does not.

I want everything to work as indicated, so this is kind of bugging me.

I am picky, sorry. any further suggestions?
This is when it becomes a warranty issue, provided your car is still in warranty. The linkage is mechanical, so my guess is one of the connecting rods between the inside handle and the lock mechanism wasn't installed correctly, is slightly bent, or maybe something in the lock mechanism has a really tight tolerance. I'd toss the keys at the dealer and let them fix it since the panel needs to be taken off in order to access all that.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
enVader
Yuma 5th Gen Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddikulus5Gen View Post
I want everything to work as indicated, so this is kind of bugging me.

I am picky, sorry. any further suggestions?
I'd take it in to get looked at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post
Thanks for that fix, that was kind of how I felt the first time.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post

Ha, already knew about all this before I even bought the car, so that's why
I am wondering if my handle is having a malfunction when used from the inside or something worth worrying about while I am still under warranty or not? it's only the passenger side door, I have tested them by myself as well,
and it's the same.

but thanks.

In the report from the dealer, months ago the car came in for service, and the idiot technician somehow magically broke a door striker, but I was pretty sure it was the driver's side door, and it also says that the striker was replaced with completely new part.

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #19
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
This is when it becomes a warranty issue, provided your car is still in warranty. The linkage is mechanical, so my guess is one of the connecting rods between the inside handle and the lock mechanism wasn't installed correctly, is slightly bent, or maybe something in the lock mechanism has a really tight tolerance. I'd toss the keys at the dealer and let them fix it since the panel needs to be taken off in order to access all that.

Thank you, this response is getting closer I think.
I am still under warranty, this would be under the 36 thousand mile warranty right?

Gah, I am so stressed to take it to a dealer or anyone for that matter, and take the poor fella apart already...

there are 2 dealers in town, I just really don't know how to make sure it's
in good hands?

Anyone on here from San Jose, CA? or surrounding bay area? One dealership, Capitol Expwy. Chevy just opened under new ownership 2 months ago, and the other one has been around for years, but I just don't know anyone who has been to either for anything, so, I'm a bit hesitant. :(

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doors, handle, inside, unlock